• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteki

What would be a good starter persona to have? any fusion tips?

For me it is less about the individual personas and more about the "team". You are going to encounter enemies with potentially all different kinds of weaknesses, so you need to have personas with the corresponding spells on hand so you can cover those weaknesses.

So I may be more willing to have a lower-level persona that has dupes or useless spells, but if it has Bufu and nobody else I have has Ice spells, then I'd take him over others.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
When is that? I
am at the Central Tower, pretty close to the treasure or did I miss smth?

Basically, once you make it to the end of a dungeon, you have to leave and come​ back to steal the treasure.

aravuus

Hah, for a second there I admit I doubted the majority of online players who had answered
singing
to the Nero question, but apparently that was right

lmao

e: what's the best way to raise Guts?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Come one Amazon, you haven't even shipped it yet. "Preparing to ship". I know you are just going to have some dude drive it over, but still, put it in on the damn car and get it over here.

JJShadow

I believe you can only craft them during evenings when you're home? So it'd take you an evening or even two or three to craft enough lockpicks, then one more to go around getting the chests.

Not sure if it's worth it tbh. No idea what the chests in the first dungeon contain though I admit.

Good thing is that you can craft two lockpicks in a row before Morgana sends you to bed lol Regarding the chests, I opened all besides one and they contained worthy items, mainly
high HP recovery items and expensive treasures

So when I am at the end of the dungeon and I got the treasure I can re enter and get everything still?

Once you reach the treasure room, a cutscene will trigger and you will have to come back to real world to do one thing before actually being able to steal the treasure

anddo0

Come one Amazon, you haven't even shipped it yet. "Preparing to ship". I know you are just going to have some dude drive it over, but still, put it in on the damn car and get it over here.

They shipped mine by snail mail. Still waiting, if it weren't for the Take your Heart edition I would've went digital.

This arrives today!!
And I won't get to play til Friday night. Can't even hold it since I sent it to my parents house and for got to change the address.

I've managed to somehow stay completely unspoiled with this game.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
So when I am at the end of the dungeon and I got the treasure I can re enter and get everything still?

When you come back the next day to steal the treasure, before actually going to the treasure you'll be able to roam around the dungeon freely as usual, so just go grab the chests you missed when you do that. But once you steal the treasure, you're out for good, so leave that till after you get the chests.

Hah, for a second there I admit I doubted the majority of online players who had answered
singing
to the Nero question, but apparently that was right

lmao

e: what's the best way to raise Guts?

I've been studying at the diner (with coffee), going to the doctor for clinical trials, and renting a DVD.

When you come back the next day to steal the treasure, before actually going to the treasure you'll be able to roam around the dungeon freely as usual, so just go grab the chests you missed when you do that. But once you steal the treasure, you're out for good, so leave that till after you get the chests.

I see, so I have to leave, I am at the save room at the Central Tower and need to craft the lock picks it seems

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I see, so I have to leave, I am at the save room at the Central Tower and need to craft the lock picks it seems

Don't leave just yet, the game will make it very clear to you when you need to.

Second dungeon boss is kicking my ass, I almost won once I think I'm underleveled

You have to keep your hp up, as some of the attacks hit really hard. So have one person dedicated to that. I had and MC with Media, so he was my dedicated healer. Also make sure to use your debuffs.
The order I took them out was the eyes nose then mouth.

aravuus

I've been studying at the diner (with coffee), going to the doctor for clinical trials, and renting a DVD.

This (the bolded) was only during rainy days, am I correct? But thanks, got myself a DVD!

The doctor is the main reason I'm trying to raise my guts. I want, no, need anything that'll help me regain SP in the dungeons.

dolabla

MSMrRound

This (the bolded) was only during rainy days, am I correct? But thanks, got myself a DVD!

The doctor is the main reason I'm trying to raise my guts. I want, no, need anything that'll help me regain SP in the dungeons.

Remember that you can borrow a book from the library. Spend one evening reading one section of it and read the next one when you get a seat on the train and you will get a +3 bonus to Guts

Cancelled my amazon order. They gave me free 5 dollars to spend with them, but man fuck everything. Never ordering games from them again. Ridiculous. 40 minutes waiting time only to tell me I'm on a wait list and that if they don't ship it today they'll ship it tomorrow. Fuck that. Went to Gamestop and got their last limited edition

As a first timer, this game is fucking awesome.

I haven't watched or played any anime games in a long time. This is a refreshing dive back into all that crazyness.

Honestly, as of late my satisfaction with Amazon is at an all time low so I've just taken to picking up games at Gamestop. It's literally behind my work so it's just convenient. I absolutely do not trust their release day delivery at all.

LProtag

My copy is now waiting for me at home.

I need to get out of work. I'm sitting here teaching high schoolers while all I want to do is go home and play a game about being a high schooler, haha.

Dany

Banned
My copy is now waiting for me at home.

I need to get out of work. I'm sitting here teaching high schoolers while all I want to do is go home and play a game about being a high schooler, haha.

image.php

I'm giving Amazon 2 more hours. If they haven't sent it out for delivery by then (it's at their facility 20 minutes from me yet still not scheduled to arrive until tomorrow around 8), I'm going to Best Buy and picking up the Steelbook version.

Reszo

Sigh I hate when Amazon uses USPS , the lady doesn't get to my apartment complex until 4pm. UPS however always gets here around 12.

Pachimari

This game seems so complicated if I need to choose the right Personas, fuse the right ones, have the right team combination, being careful with ones money, having to complete the palaces as fast as possible, upgrading the right skills etc. I haven't opened my copy cause it all seems so stressful just reading about it.

Mana Sin

Sigh I hate when Amazon uses USPS , the lady doesn't get to my apartment complex until 4pm. UPS however always gets here around 12.

Our USPS lady has actually started delivering our mail to the wrong house recently. That's makes the wait for my TYH edition even more exciting. You never know if she'll show up to the right house.

barybll

Banned
This game seems so complicated if I need to choose the right Personas, fuse the right ones, have the right team combination, being careful with ones money, having to complete the palaces as fast as possible, upgrading the right skills etc. I haven't opened my copy cause it all seems so stressful just reading about it.

Veteran of the megaten franchise here
Just make a collection of personas with complementary resistances and throw spells in at random

Has always worked for me and I played about 8 megaten games by now

Philippo

Once you get in the routine it becomes natural being able to plan out things better.
Regardin personas fusion, we'll it's an RPG (a good one), so it's normal that there is a degree of complexity behind it.

sam777

Odd question but are people's name spelt out in block capitals on the subtitles?
Need to know as I am about to write my name.
Thanks

It's less stressful than it sounds in regards to Persona composition and party members. General rule of thumb is keep the protagonist flexible (Personas are expendable and you can always get new ones/summon old ones) and make sure you pick a strong healer for your party. Beyond that you can choose whatever.

Time management can be hard if you're going for a 100% run of everything, but I wouldn't bother with that for the first playthrough. Just pick and choose what you find interesting to spend your spare days on. I think these games are very relaxing at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom