• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until you meet
Futaba
. Just... What the hell were they thinking? Ugh.

Hearing this really bums me out since I absolutely love her design and concept (from what I've seen, it's one of my favorite in the series). I was really hoping she had a VA to knock it out of the park.

So maybe a little of topic but I can't seem to find the Ann Takamaki theme and avatar set on the PSN store. I checked the DLC schedule and it says it's supposed to drop today but the only ones up are the Protagonist, Ryuji Sakamoto, and Morgana's sets. Am I just not looking hard enough or is it not up yet? I'm in Canada BTW so I dunno if maybe it's just not up on our store yet.

haolee

Neo Member
Hearing this really bums me out since I absolutely love her design and concept (from what I've seen, it's one of my favorite in the series). I was really hoping she had a VA to knock it out of the park.

If you plan to play the game twice, each with different dubs, I suggest playing English first and Japanese second. The character unexpectedly became my favorite when I played the Japanese version, mostly because the VA did such a good job.
She
was a standout. In contrast, the English VA is just so generic and out-of-tone with how the character is written.

I know a lot of people are really happy that Demon Negotiation is back but count me as one of the only people that has been playing SMT games for like a decade and literally cannot stand it.

I really hope there are other ways to get Personas because fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Demon Negotiation.

haolee

Neo Member
So maybe a little of topic but I can't seem to find the Ann Takamaki theme and avatar set on the PSN store. I checked the DLC schedule and it says it's supposed to drop today but the only ones up are the Protagonist, Ryuji Sakamoto, and Morgana's sets. Am I just not looking hard enough or is it not up yet? I'm in Canada BTW so I dunno if maybe it's just not up on our store yet.

I checked on both the Reg 1 store and Reg 3 store and it looks like the game's pages in the PS Store are messed up somehow. The Reg 3 English version of the game is even missing the "Purchase" button on the game page.

ViolentP

So I'm sort of in an impasse. My Take Your Heart edition arrived today but not sure if I should open it. I usually go all digital but this SKU sort of stuck out to me. Anything really worth keeping in this version?

JJShadow

Maybe this is obvious to most people, but is Ann
half-American, half-Japanese or something like that? Her design is the most western-ish so far in comparison with the rest

aravuus

I know a lot of people are really happy that Demon Negotiation is back but count me as one of the only people that has been playing SMT games for like a decade and literally cannot stand it.

I really hope there are other ways to get Personas because fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Demon Negotiation.

I don't like it either. Much prefer the systems of P3 and P4.

But at least picking the right options is pretty easy, so there's that.

Maybe this is obvious to most people, but is Ann
half-American, half-Japanese or something like that? Her design is the most western-ish so far in comparison with the rest

I'm like 99% sure one of the NPCs
called her a foreigner, yeah

haolee

Neo Member
So I'm sort of in an impasse. My Take Your Heart edition arrived today but not sure if I should open it. I usually go all digital but this SKU sort of stuck out to me. Anything really worth keeping in this version?

Personally, it's severely lacking in value for collectors. The best thing about it is probably the artbook and the big box.

TI82

Banned
UPS:

"Our scanner may be broken your package may be out for delivery"

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

silva1991

Ok fuck that
fortune teller lady. it takes forever to start her social link and on teh top of that she stole 100K from me.

I'm gonna load the save before talking to
her

Anyone knows what is the ultimate persona of the social link at least?

Neoweee

As far as I know, Merciless is just Hard but half XP and Money gain. So unless they changed it, it's best for a fresh run instead of NG+ where you inherit money and etc.

It sounds like it is a crit/weakness multiplier increase (3x?). The XP and Money change has the effect to mostly require you be more concerned about dungeon deadlines and preparing for the boss fights, and the change barely matters in NG+ if you're carrying stuff over.

I kind of liked the XP/Money reduction in P4G's Risky mode, but it is really hard to use that as a point of comparison due to how much variation there is in the series with respect to explicit level dependence in damage/accuracy algorithms, etc. Also, I belive in P4, being Strong against Physical straight up prevented Crits, which doesn't appear to be the case here?

Can you reduce the difficulty mid-game, unlike Risky?

aravuus

Anyone got a list of dates when you can initiate other social links? Don't want to miss them, but I don't have the time to be running around town every single day looking for them.

Just the dates are enough, I'll figure out the rest for myself.

Renkax

sae is like "I don't have much time" but then I'll be telling you the story that'll take about 100+ hours lmao

ViolentP

Personally, it's severely lacking in value for collectors. The best thing about it is probably the artbook and the big box.

Yeah. Not really feeling it. And can't remember why I preordered about a year ago. Never even finished a Persona game.

Shouta

It sounds like it is a crit/weakness multiplier increase (3x?). The XP and Money change has the effect to mostly require you be more concerned about dungeon deadlines and preparing for the boss fights, and the change barely matters in NG+ if you're carrying stuff over.

I kind of liked the XP/Money reduction in P4G's Risky mode, but it is really hard to use that as a point of comparison due to how much variation there is in the series with respect to explicit level dependence in damage/accuracy algorithms, etc. Also, I belive in P4, being Strong against Physical straight up prevented Crits, which doesn't appear to be the case here?

Can you reduce the difficulty mid-game, unlike Risky?

Yes, you can reduce difficulty midway through the game. That's how I tested Challenge mode when it released for JP.

How's Vita remote play? Switch has me aching for portability all over now, haha.

Can confirm it works well. Text is a bit small, but legible. R2 is only used for running in dungeons (which I rarely do), don't think L2 does anything. Textures aren't super high resolution in the first place, and of course the delay/lag doesn't matter much with it being turn-based.

Big Brett

Can confirm it works well. Text is a bit small, but legible. R2 is only used for running in dungeons (which I rarely do), don't think L2 does anything. Textures aren't super high resolution in the first place, and of course the delay/lag doesn't matter much with it being turn-based.

Just what I was hoping to hear! Only ask because my Vita is currently charging from being dead for who knows how long.

JJShadow

I don't like it either. Much prefer the systems of P3 and P4.

But at least picking the right options is pretty easy, so there's that.

I'm like 99% sure one of the NPCs
called her a foreigner, yeah

Ann is quarter-American, yeah.

Quarter-American.

Thanks guys!

How's Vita remote play? Switch has me aching for portability all over now, haha.

So far so good, I've been playing on my Vita most of the time and I love it. Texts are big enough to read and you only need R2/L2 for sprinting in dungeons and some situational actions, so no big deal

Gestahl

Ok fuck that
fortune teller lady. it takes forever to start her social link and on teh top of that she stole 100K from me.

I'm gonna load the save before talking to
her

Anyone knows what is the ultimate persona of the social link at least?

Uhhhhh
Lakshmi
maybe? It's one of the weakest ultimates level wise if I remember right.

You really need some prep time for that link, the requirements for unlocking it are the most intense in the game.

aravuus

I could swear someone shouted something like "Mr. Kamoshida, no bueno!" during (early May spoilers)
his confession after the first dungeon
lmao

Is there a trick to demon negotiation or is it all luck?

Recommended negotiation answers for (all?) 4 persona types, if someone wants to know them:

Timid:
Serious -
Playful x
Kind o
Ambiguous x

Irritable:
Serious o
Playful -
Kind x
Ambiguous x

Upbeat:
Serious x
Playful o
Kind -
Ambiguous x

Gloomy:
Serious x
Playful x
Kind -
Ambiguous o

o = positive, x = negative, - = neutral

Got em from gamefaqs board, not sure if they're 100% accurate.

If you recruit a persona when you're full and don't take them with you, do they get automatically added to the compendium?

Vic_Viper

Is the Protag's canon name still: Akira Kurusu

When I go to type in my Protags name, do I enter the last name first or first name first?
As in do I use the American or Japanese style for the name?

tiva

Neo Member
there's no way to get rid of the annoying border that's constantly around the entire screen, is there? because it's really ugly and distracting

silva1991

What gift should I get for the
clinic lady
and where do I buy it from?

Uhhhhh
Lakshmi
maybe? It's one of the weakest ultimates level wise if I remember right.

You really need some prep time for that link, the requirements for unlocking it are the most intense in the game.

I'll just leave it for NG+ aka the JP audio walkthrough lol.

Jesus that was a waste of time.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ann? You knew that
that other Ann with Kamoshida wasn't a real person
right? Cause you straight up just
slashed it with a sword without knowing

When I go to type in my Protags name, do I enter the last name first or first name first?

I would not call the name canonical, it's just what they used in the Manga adaptation, and history has shown us that Atlus plays fast and loose with protag names in spinoff media. The P3 protag has 3 names. P4's protag got two. It's the only actual name we have for now, I guess? I would just pick something else. :V

Weiss

Banned
I would not call the name canonical, it's just what they used in the Manga adaptation, and history has shown us that Atlus plays fast and loose with protag names in spinoff media. The P3 protag has 3 names. P4's protag got two. It's the only actual name we have for now, I guess? I would just pick something else. :V

Dammit, I thought it was Kurosu.

TankRizzo

Banned

I named my dude Chillbro Swaggins

ymgve

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ann? You knew that
that other Ann with Kamoshida wasn't a real person
right? Cause you straight up just
slashed it with a sword without knowing

probably just thought "I am the real me, therefore the other me is fake."

JJShadow

First name you type is the given name, second one is the family name (American style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom