• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

schaft0620

UPS is now 2 for 2 on release day delivery issues/delays with my recent orders.
Now it's Persona 5, first it was Horizon. It's going to be in-store pickup or nothing from now on with Best Buy GCU.

They're contacting the driver since my package was "delivered" but is nowhere to be found. I'm at work anyway but chasing down packages is one of my least favorite things.

But ya know I was the same way and then games started coming in a day early via UPS. I can never win. Even when Horizon came in a day early I was out of the state for work. When I do in-store Gafers get it that Monday, vice versa.

SkylineRKR

I did Temperance and Death ASAP, not because I knew they were the best but I liked those NPCs the most. Its good that the payoff is nice.

What's the recommended level for the second dungeon boss ?

I did it at 17 but it was still kind of difficult. I think 18.

Ydelnae

2 hours in, I find myself getting lost in the maps easily. That Shibuya station sure is something.

Also, the game looks pretty but the are some low res textures in places that you would normally stare at.

Small question about the confident/social-link!

Do i get more point with the corresponding arcana when i go spend time with someone for RANK 1 ? Or it works only for RANK 2 and so on? thanks

But you have to activate those subs in the options menu.

even then, some audio aren't subtitled at all

Vic_Viper

Probably pretty spoilerly but do we know how far into the game the Casio Heist opening takes place? Is it at the very end or more in the middle?

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, why is there so much unsubbed audio???! Especially during the anime cutscenes. This JP audio DLC is completely useless lol.

I keep hearing about this. What is really not subbed? Obvious "oi"/"hey" words, or complete sentences? If the latter, what the hell Atlus?

Don't forget this has the standard Persona hidden mechanic of boosting your Confidant earnings if you have a corresponding arcana with what you're trying to level. So if you do a social link with the Death confidant, make sure you have a Death persona to boost the amount of gains you're getting from the interaction.

Lotta people forget or don't know this.

Don't forget this has the standard Persona hidden mechanic of boosting your Confidant earnings if you have a corresponding arcana with what you're trying to level. So if you do a social link with the Death confidant, make sure you have a Death persona to boost the amount of gains you're getting from the interaction.

Lotta people forget or don't know this.

yeah i'm aware of that, but i can't remember if that works for RANK 1, as i asked a little earlier! Do you know? Thanks

Gigaryu

Neo Member
Something is wrong with my game i think. I downloaded and selected the japanese voices but none of the characters talk and instead of the character audio, all i hear are the protagonist grunts like "huh, hey", etc. Anyone knows whats going on, would apreciate some help. Cant play like this...

Something is wrong with my game i think. I downloaded and selected the japanese voices but none of the characters talk and instead of the character audio, all i hear are the protagonist grunts like "huh, hey", etc. Anyone knows whats going on, would apreciate some help. Cant play like this...

not every dialogues are voiced

haolee

Neo Member

Where are you at, in the story? Most scenes actually don't have any audio aside from the "Huh, hey" etc.

Ydelnae

Not every dialogue is voiced, characters say stuff like "huh?", "duuude", etc. Keep playing and if you still don't encounter actual Japanese conversations, then it would be a problem.

Dumb question: I'm on the first dungeon and I am trying to figure out this timer thing. If I finish the dungeon now, do I still keep all the days to go do other stuff, or should I do other stuff first and then the dungeon? Thanks!

Hagi

Can you change audio language whenever? Would suck if you have to start a new save just to have JPN voices.

aravuus

Dumb question: I'm on the first dungeon and I am trying to figure out this timer thing. If I finish the dungeon now, do I still keep all the days to go do other stuff, or should I do other stuff first and then the dungeon? Thanks!

You're free to do anything when you're done with the dungeon, it won't fast-forward to the date or anything like that

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

The game doesn't skip days, so if you get the dungeon done early, you can use those extra days on social stuff.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
As someone whod be playing their first Persona game if I grabbed this, I have a question about the dating/romance stuff.

What I'm hoping for is that it ISNT a huge part of this game and for what is there, that it isn't full glorified sex scenes like Mass Effect. I really don't play games for that reason so I'm hoping that its not like that.

Can someone share a bit about how this game handles this stuff and how much of it there is?

Ydelnae

The best strategy in Persona 3 and 4 was to clear the dungeon in one day and then come back during the last day to finish the boss, iirc.

Edit: Maybe the bosses got tougher this way? I think I'm wrong and there's no downside by finishing the dungeon in one sitting.

But ya know I was the same way and then games started coming in a day early via UPS. I can never win. Even when Horizon came in a day early I was out of the state for work. When I do in-store Gafers get it that Monday, vice versa.

I can only get them late or on time, never early. For Horizon, I went digital since it was delayed and just returned the unopened copy to Best Buy. May end up doing the same this time.

Still waiting on my copy from USPS. It's gotta go through a dorm office as well, so I'm losing faith that it's gonna make it here today. Feels bad man.

Edit: Never gotten a game early. Only late. Lucky bastards

Spman2099

Amazon isn't going to ship my order until tomorrow... Worse yet, they are saying it isn't going to arrive until Friday. Lame, Amazon. Lame.

Gigaryu

Neo Member
Not every dialogue is voiced, characters say stuff like "huh?", "duuude", etc. Keep playing and if you still don't encounter actual Japanese conversations, then it would be a problem.

I understand not every line is voiced but what im saying is there is no voice over what so ever. Im on the 2nd day of school and nothing. Forgot to mention theres also weird noises instead of the character voices, like money dropping on the floor or the protagonist grunts instead of the supposed character speaking... Right at the start of the game in
the interrogation room
my game was completely mute. Something is going on for sure.

I did Temperance and Death ASAP, not because I knew they were the best but I liked those NPCs the most. Its good that the payoff is nice.

I did it at 17 but it was still kind of difficult. I think 18.
I'm on LV 17 and almost won once but every other try it seems to get harder lol

yeah i'm aware of that, but i can't remember if that works for RANK 1, as i asked a little earlier! Do you know? Thanks

If you mean when it reaches Rank 1, no, everything before Rank 1 isn't affected. Rank 1 is where it starts counting.

I think, if I heard right, that there are 3 you don't have to do that because their SL ranks automatically based on just doing it.

Ydelnae

I understand not every line is voiced but what im saying is there is no voice over what so ever. Im on the 2nd day of school and nothing. Forgot to mention theres also weird noises instead of the character voices, like money dropping on the floor or the protagonist grunts instead of the supposed character speaking... Right at the start of the game in
the interrogation room
my game was completely mute. Something is going on for sure.

Then that's weird, that part is supposed to be voiced. Does it happen to you on both languages? Try to contact Atlus or try and delete the DLC and download it again.

Jb

As someone whod be playing their first Persona game if I grabbed this, I have a question about the dating/romance stuff.

What I'm hoping for is that it ISNT a huge part of this game and for what is there, that it isn't full glorified sex scenes like Mass Effect. I really don't play games for that reason so I'm hoping that its not like that.

Can someone share a bit about how this game handles this stuff and how much of it there is?

You can completely ignore the dating component of the game and even if you don't there were no actual sex scenes in previous Personas, and I doubt that's changed in 5.

Persona detractors like to mock it as a dating game but honestly it's more of a friendship simulator.

aravuus

Is there a way to grind after you're done with a dungeon but before the next one opens up?

Not after the first dungeon at least, but I'm pretty sure there are other, optional dungeons you can visit any time between palaces a bit later on.

Huh. I prolly didn't notice since I used the default.

Well, I know I'm gonna notice. Wasn't sure how crude I could be, so I went with "The &$?#%s" lol.

You can completely ignore the dating component of the game and even if you don't there were no actual sex scenes in previous Personas, and I doubt that's changed in 5.

Persona detractors like to mock it as a dating game but honestly it's more of a friendship simulator.

In addition to this, even with the female social link characters you could romance, you can just stay friends with. And if you do initiate romantic relations, it's usually just a short scene or two with some cute dialogue and blushing lol.

jrush64

Banned
Been playing for 2 hours now. My impressions so far, the game's lot like Persona 3 and Persona 4. Not saying that's a bad thing, but for some reason I expected it to be radically different I don't know why. Battle's are different though.

Fuck
Sojiro! He's not even letting me stay in his home

Ok, so, quick question since I'm not familiar with the PS4 and had to jump in with the price I got one. Is the dead zone of the controllers specific for each game? It's small, but it's bothering me slightly in Persona 5. Has anyone noticed it, maybe I got a bad controller?

Or can I adjust the dead zone in the console settings?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do you have to start a new game to use the Japanese audio?

Nvm I see the option to switch the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom