• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
First Persona game, my first JRPG in at least a decade, and I'm enjoying it so far. I think the last JRPG I completed was Final Fantasy IX-- I tend not to finish them (which is why I stopped buying them)-- but the hype for this was insane, so I caved. I hope I'm able to finish it...

Ok, so, quick question since I'm not familiar with the PS4 and had to jump in with the price I got one. Is the dead zone of the controllers specific for each game? It's small, but it's bothering me slightly in Persona 5. Has anyone noticed it, maybe I got a bad controller?
They're generally game specific to a certain degree. Try downloading a few demos off the PSN. An rpg isn't the best test for it.

cheez124

so it seems that the
4th dungeon
gives you more time to complete it than the others. i know most people here haven't made it that far yet, but is there a reason for that?

Masx

Banned
Sigh, was suppose to receive my copy today but some how Amazon/USPS routed it to another state, So now it's delayed till it is rerouted back... fun stuff

Weiss

Banned
Ryuji flipping out when
Shiho tries to kill herself
and everyone is taking pictures is the most goddamn real thing to me.

The scene afterward is just horrifying. I am in love with this game.

TheFlow

Banned
Sigh, was suppose to receive my copy today but some how Amazon/USPS routed it to another state, So now it's delayed till it is rerouted back... fun stuff
Literally the same happened. Worst part is watching it come to your state only to leave again

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Impressions 2hrs in from a series fan:

Dub is great. "Sakamoto" is overblown. Low bitrate is the bigger news.

I'm liking Ryuji. He's not the Yosuke or Junpei clone people led me to believe. Maaaaybe like a cross between Yosuke and Shinji. Still a stretch.

Opening is really barely faster than 4. Just because they tease you with 3 battle sequences doesn't mean it really starts off flying. But the premise is much more interesting.

Is it just me or does the character move around the world waaay too quickly? I'm constantly overshooting and having trouble doing little things like turning corners and walking through doorways. Especially with how small the "hitboxes" are to examine things.

No wonder this school is fucked, just looked at the kids
GuTv2Wr.jpg
This imagine being the parent of that kid. 2 people got together and made that. They brought her into this world and she just stands there on the corner in the hallway watching some other student. She's not even looking at her phone while texting or snap chatting or tindering or whatever. How does she do it? I dunno. But I don't think that her interest even knows she's there. Maybe that's the true story of Persona 5 and our story is just a small story in the grand overall story? Maybe there is a build of the game where we follow her on her adventures. I hope it's DLC.

That is why I love this game because, because it turns you into a philosophical master!

I'm liking Ryuji. He's not the Yosuke or Junpei clone people led me to believe. Maaaaybe like a cross between Yosuke and Shinji. Still a stretch.
Ryuji is easily the best of the "best-bud" characters, and his dub actor keeps impressing me with how much range he can put into the delivery of the simplest exposition.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This HUD is way too cluttered. I wish you could turn off the meaningless chatter bubbles.

1upsuper

Well, just got a GameStop email letting me know they canceled my Take Your Heart Edition. Gave me a ten dollar promo code. Ironically, it would *still* be cheaper for me to order the regular edition on Amazon rather than get it from GS.

This is so frustrating. D'you guys think it'll become available again or should I just go for the steelbook?

haolee

Neo Member
Man, I love Ryuji but let's not undermine Yosuke and Junpei like that. It's somewhat irritating that they deliberately wrote Ryuji as an utter idiot, even compared to Junpei. It feels like lazy writing for an otherwise great character, and it's not helping that the game keeps reminding us just how stupid and oblivious he is.

kai3345

Banned
I'm sure this is old news, but for those who may not have seen it Atlus put out a statement regarding P5 and streaming

- Basically, all video, streamed or otherwise must be from before 7/7 (in game date)
- No longer than 90 minutes long
- No boss fights or "major story spoilers"
- If you stream past 7/7, ATLUS threatens to hit your channel with content ID claims, potentially putting a strike on your YT or Twitch account (which can lead to account suspension)

Ferrio

Banned
I'm sure this is old news, but for those who may not have seen it Atlus put out a statement regarding P5 and streaming

- Basically, all video, streamed or otherwise must be from before 7/7 (in game date)
- If you stream past 7/7, ATLUS threatens to hit your channel with content ID claims, potentially putting a strike on your YT or Twitch account (which can lead to account suspension)

Wait you can't stream more than 90 minutes? Atlus what are you doing?

Atlus y are you like this

First Story arc:
Just got through Shiho's attempted suicide and holy shit this game is getting good. P4 took a while to get to this point I admit

aravuus

Like I said

Fucking Atlus, ass backwards weirdos

cheez124

what the hell, atlus? they're really taking spoilers way too seriously

silva1991

Just beat 3rd dungeon boss.

Really loved it.

What is wrong with this company?

Kumo

I think my Japanese audio dlc is bugged. Voice lines keep getting repeated after I already heard them during cutscenes and any time I make a selection, it does the same thing. Is there a way to uninstall dlc or can I just redownload it?

TheChaos0

I can't believe Persona 5 is finally in my very hands. It's been a very long wait indeed since P4. Can't wait to try it out later tonight!

Jiraiza

Simply put, we don’t want the experience to be spoiled for people who haven’t played the game.

Are they dumb? People don't have a gun pointed to their head forcing them to watch the streams. Curious if they'll do anything with Beam since that's where I've been streaming the past few days.

I mean, it's Atlus. It's fucking stupid as shit but that's par for the course. I love their games but their company is run by space aliens from planet Asshole.

Meanwhile, "Mission Start" showing up on the blackboard in the background of my classroom is fucking awesome.

Meowster

Picked this up. It has been awhile since I played Persona but my friend kept telling me how good this one was and I bit the bullet. Any first time tips? Same friend told me I should go ahead and start on hard.

Shouta

I streamed the entire JP version of the game. Nothing happened to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Atlus USA starts enforcing it, oh boy.

It's baffling how a video game company could be so backward like this tbh. Well, I'd like to see them try to ban every single stream out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom