• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the game. Should I go with Akira Kurusu? Is that the closest we have to a canon name? I hate not having an in-game canon/default name.

Now that I have it on my TV I just want to comment on the pre menu intro one last time. It is more beautiful, stylish, and evocative of its theme than any I've ever seen. 100% perfection.

I'm really confused. Why is everyone acted like I murdered someone for scratching a man that was attacking a woman? Or maybe they are leaving me in the dark about what happened.

Because your side of the story never got out. It's implied the drunk guy used his political influence to put your reputation in the shitter and when the news broke, you were painted in as negative a light as possible.

Yep haven't gotten super far but a flashback right at the beginning the guy you stop says "The police are my bitches!" Also there's a line from Sojiro about how you are a minor and should have just kept out of business between adults. Not familiar with minor's rights in Japan but maybe they aren't great?

Whenever i think Ryuji or Morgana might be getting on my nerves i just think back to Yosuke and Teddy, truly testing times.

Yep. On Normal at least, it took me about 6 hours just to get to the first dungeon.

Do you mean beat the first dungeon? The game starts you out in the first dungeon within the first half hour.

DVCY201

Whenever i think Ryuji or Morgana might be getting on my nerves i just think back to Yosuke and Teddy, truly testing times.

Morgana is redeemed thanks to the bus and for being a cat that watches movies with me in my crappy bedroom. Teddy never did anything for me like that.

FHIZ

Still waiting for UPS to deliver. While I wait, what do we think the chances are of Altus releasing P3:FES as a PS2 on PS4? I've got a vita, but from what I'm looking at, Portable doesn't seem like a good option.

Seems like easy money, but with even the idea of a remaster that got floated around in that survey earlier this year (or late last?) I figure chances might be slim.

FluxWaveZ

The whole I'm smarter than you thing was testing me

Whenever Ryuiji misses in battle "you're pathetic"

Morgana is actually more annoying than Ryuji to me

I really appreciate Morgana's wisdom and knowledge. Especially compared to Teddie, I like how he seems that much more experienced, and actually like the core of the team.

I also do like the line "Skull, you're pathetic" when he misses. It's what I think.

Kensation

It's here. See y'all in 100 hours.
079qct4.jpg

Ryuji is gettin' on my nerves, it's like Atlus intentionally makes the first male member the worst. All. The. Time.

I mean, that's your opinion? I'm five hours in and think Ryuji is one of my favorite Persona characters ever. His voice actor is so fucking good and just sells every moment as far as I'm concerned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I have both the PS3 and PS4 version... is there any reason to keep the PS3 version (other than the obvious "I can play it on PS3").

I'm wondering if it's going to be a silly super rare version of the game in a couple of years or something. lol

Neoweee

Well, there's virtually no way I would play through a game this long and linear twice these days, so Merciless it is. I'm glad I can bump it down if I have to.

haolee

Neo Member
I mean, that's your opinion? I'm five hours in and think Ryuji is one of my favorite Persona characters ever. His voice actor is so fucking good and just sells every moment as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, you'll see. The voice actor is great, but the writing insists on making him the dumbest guy you'll ever meet. Even Junpei was smarter than him.

pablito

I really appreciate Morgana's wisdom and knowledge. Especially compared to Teddie, I like how he seems that much more experienced, and actually like the core of the team.

I also do like the line "Skull, you're pathetic" when he misses. It's what I think.

It's not that Morgana had the knowledge, it's that he points it out a lot. I like learning from people but if they're going to keep pointing out that I'm stupid then deuces I don't even care anymore.

We'll agree to disagree about the pathetic line, I can totally do without it.

Ydelnae

These NPCs are lucky there's no serial killer on the loose like in P4 or else there would be all dead if I were to stop their rude and nosy asses from getting murdered.

Wow Kamoshida is such a scumbag lol

Yup. His VA is great and he's able to express how much I despise Kamoshida better than the protag

Amazon said it was delivered but its nowhere to be found, asked my apartments office and they don't have it. They better not of delivered it to a wrong address.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Is there a way to adjust the screen area for overscan? The TV I'm using has overscan with no way to turn it off, and some of the HUD is getting cut off on my screen.

5 hours in, just returned home on 4/15 I think! Loving it so far, slow pace to begin but that was expected, I'm excited for things to open up more. I'm enjoying all of the characters so far and appreciate how much attention the NPCs are getting too. The game is dark and I'm loving it.

Also really glad I'm playing with dubs and headphones. It's cool hearing all of the minor chit chat that goes on in the halls that isn't getting subtitled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom