• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromeo

The OST is a massive disappointment so far.. The camera shake is horrible as well, only just realized you can turn it off

Alucrid

Banned
game arrived. can't wait to share my experience through non-spoiler, low quality, crooked, vertical camera shots with the flash on

jkGnKp9l.jpg

damn! this game's first hour is just terrible! i mean, just so bad compared to the previous 2!...

now downloading the 2gb japanese vocals. just as well - i needed the break :) ...

Weiss

Banned
Well I'm stopping after six hours now, so here are my thoughts.

Ryuji, Morgana and Ann are far and away better than Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko could ever dream of.

The game has the same problem of having a really railroady beginning but the plot and characters are so good I don't mind. It wasn't until
my fourth return to the Castle, and having a full party of four, that the regular game structure really begins.
It's annoying for sure, but I'm also having too much fun to care.

Fuck this game is so cool looking. Everything I do is drenched in style. Even the menus! When was the last time you excitedly checked out the menus?

I hope someday Atlus lets me keep my starter Persona because Arsene was fucking baller.

The first villain of the storyline is one of the best antagonists the series has ever seen.
He's entirely real and such a creepy jackass that I'm deeply looking forward to caving his face in.

Lunar15

The OST isn't as vocal as past games. I can definitely see why some wouldn't dig it as much. Same impressions from the JP release, basically.

totowhoa

Banned
So I got the game today. It took a lot of effort.

When I woke up, I checked Amazon tracking and saw something unfortunate: it was being delivered to my old address when I pre-ordered the game which was in another city about 30 minutes away. While it would have ultimately been forwarded to my current address, it would have take a couple extra days.

So, I did what anyone would do and called in sick to work and drove to the post office in that city. Aaaand my package was already in a truck. This town has a population of about 100k and a lot of that is from the university. So, it's not huge. And the supervisor at the post office told me the name of the driver who had my package.

So, I drove around for nearly 90 minutes in an 8 block radius or so from my house. The third mail truck I found was my guy. Got the package from him, drove home, and so far I've played almost 4 hours.

Totally worth it. Loving this game.

SkylineRKR

Well I'm stopping after six hours now, so here are my thoughts.

Ryuji, Morgana and Ann are far and away better than Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko could ever dream of.

The game has the same problem of having a really railroady beginning but the plot and characters are so good I don't mind. It wasn't until
my fourth return to the Castle, and having a full party of four, that the regular game structure really begins.
It's annoying for sure, but I'm also having too much fun to care.

Fuck this game is so cool looking. Everything I do is drenched in style. Even the menus! When was the last time you excitedly checked out the menus?

I hope someday Atlus lets me keep my starter Persona because Arsene was fucking baller.

The first villain of the storyline is one of the best antagonists the series has ever seen.
He's entirely real and such a creepy jackass that I'm deeply looking forward to caving his face in.

Yes yes, I agree. The first villain, I'm a huge fan. The menu's, well, it made me realize how fucking awful that completely by the numbers menu of FFXV is. And how these battles transform back to gameplay, its just fucking swagger.

In fact, swagger is how I summed up my first eve with this game. You can just feel when there is love poured into a game, this isn't focus tested. They rolled with what they thought is cool.

Well i'm about 2 hours in and it's mostly been background jazz and funk so far.. I really liked the music in 2, 3 and 4...
I've been so addicted to the OST these past few weeks, listening to every track I can on YouTube. I absolutely adore it but then again, this will be my first persona game so I never listened to previous games music.

Big Brett

When I woke up, I checked Amazon tracking and saw something unfortunate: it was being delivered to my old address when I pre-ordered the game which was in another city about 30 minutes away. While it would have ultimately been forwarded to my current address, it would have take a couple extra days.

So, I did what anyone would do and called in sick to work and drove to the post office in that city. Aaaand my package was already in a truck. This town has a population of about 100k and a lot of that is from the university. So, it's not huge. And the supervisor at the post office told me the name of the driver who had my package.

So, I drove around for nearly 90 minutes in an 8 block radius or so from my house. The third mail truck I found was my guy. Got the package from him, drove home, and so far I've played almost 4 hours.

lmao this is awesome, nice get!

Chaos17

Just finished first arc and the reason why the story continue is just shit, IMO. I would like to enter Ryugi palace to fix him like in Persona 4.

I prefer the direction they took with the ost in this game, the more jazz inspired soundtrack fits with the style of the game so well. Also really dig the hard rock style boss themes, reminds a bit of some of the other Megaten games

Last update: My steelbook package was apparently stolen from our doorstep not long after it was delivered. UPS/BB are running a tracer investigation so I can only hope for a refund eventually.

I guess I'll be firing up the download shortly. I wasn't really attached to the physical version, just the GCU discount, so I'll be fine.

Side note: evidently the P5 steelbook edition is selling well, there was no stock available to reship my order.

Why does the ps4 even have that display area setting if no games seem to want to use it?
Yes I'm basing this off the two games I've had overscan issues on.

Philippo

Hmmm, await for my go-to online store to sell it WHICH THEY ARE NOT DOING YET that will sell it for around 49-55€ and get it probably as late as monday, or buy it from a private seller tomorrow at 60€?

Ydelnae

I'm sorry guys but the battle theme is nowhere as good as the P3 and P4 ones. The singer sounds like she's being threatened to sing at her last breath.

wig

This game oozes style. Everything is so well presented. I'm barely entering my MC's name and I'm already in love lol.

That's dedication and it has a happy ending, nice.

haolee

Neo Member
I prefer the direction they took with the ost in this game, the more jazz inspired soundtrack fits with the style of the game so well. Also really dig the hard rock style boss themes, reminds a bit of some of the other Megaten games

IMO they made a mistake in reusing variations of Beneath the Mask as the daily track. They just blend together and get old really fast. The other music are fine, but Beneath the Mask gets fucking repetitive and annoying.

Mazre

Is there any way to adjust the display area? I'm cropped on the edges of the screen slightly on my TV, PS4 settings don't seem to affect it

DVCY201

I mean, that's your opinion? I'm five hours in and think Ryuji is one of my favorite Persona characters ever. His voice actor is so fucking good and just sells every moment as far as I'm concerned.

Yea, that's my opinion. I mean, like 99% of what I post is probably my opinion and is there for others to share in it.
VA is good, I enjoy the dub (bar the mispronunciations)

Is there any way to adjust the display area? I'm cropped on the edges of the screen slightly on my TV, PS4 settings don't seem to affect it

Would like a solution as well, haven't figured out what to do.

pablito

I'm sorry guys but the battle theme is nowhere as good as the P3 and P4 ones. The singer sounds like she's being threatened to sing at her last breath.

5's is on par with 4's, but 3's is better imo.

However none of the city songs are as good as Your Affection or Heartbreak.

Steiner

Banned
I wrote a lil' diddy here about five things you'll learn in the first five hours of the game coming from Personas past. I'm going to copy and paste one point here for you all, and I'd be interested in hearing other players' opinions.

This is a PS3 game first.

Persona 5 has been in development for a long time, and at times, that shows. Coming from Persona 4, which looked gorgeous on PS2 and on the Vita with Persona 4 Golden, I was very much looking forward to Atlus stepping things up to an entirely different level with Persona 5.

Make no mistake: this is one of the most beautiful, stylish, and thoughtfully designed games you'll ever play. Don't doubt that for a moment. There are times, though, when really detailed textures and patterns will clash jarringly with some muddy, dated textures. There is some pretty noticeable aliasing throughout, as well. I couldn't help but wonder at points how much different this game might have looked if it began its life on the PS4. Even Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on the Wii U seemed to have sharper little details on simple things like building exteriors, food labels, and environmental details.

Seriously, one of my favorite things to do in Persona 4 and TMS #FE is go into grocery stores and shops and just look at all of the neat little items that line the shelves and how detailed they are. While that is still my great delight in Persona 5, those details don't surprise me on the PS4 like they surprised me on the PS2, Vita, and Wii U.

Do the inconsistent textures pop out to anyone else? I love the game very much, and no one in this thread needs reminding of its accolades or accomplishments. This is just a weird, minor issue that keeps poking at me.

robotrock

Banned
So...playing the english dub. Does it sound like...oddly compressed to anyone else? A lot of the voices sound like its clipping or something. Not sure what the deal is.

Might try the Japanese voice pack, any idea what I'm gonna miss out on? I hear there aren't subtitles for in battle dialogue or something.

muteki

I wrote a lil' diddy here about five things you'll learn in the first five hours of the game coming from Personas past. I'm going to copy and paste one point here for you all, and I'd be interested in hearing other players' opinions.

Do the inconsistent textures pop out to anyone else? I love the game very much, and no one in this thread needs reminding of its accolades or accomplishments. This is just a weird, minor issue that keeps poking at me.

Yeah the textures on the signs and advertisements around the train station are really bad.

robotrock

Banned
Did anyone else crank the brightness to the max? Default seemed too dim. Also kind of hate the borders show up. Also the UI when walking around with the minimap and then the chatter of everything all cluttering the screen drives me insane

I'M EMANCIPATED AT LAST!

Ryou Suzuki it is for my MC. (Taking parts of the name from my P4 MC back in the day and a ranger from a Super Sentai series.) :)

game arrived. can't wait to share my experience through non-spoiler, low quality, crooked, vertical camera shots with the flash on

jkGnKp9l.jpg

Hahahahahahaha, I've been mulling over making a screenshot thread like this.

damn! this game's first hour is just terrible! i mean, just so bad compared to the previous 2!...

now downloading the 2gb japanese vocals. just as well - i needed the break :) ...

Ummm...

The singer is really subpar. I think all the jams are great but her voice is weak, absolutely. I much prefer the version of the Opening song with the guitar instead of vocals.

I feel like I've noticed more common issues with Japanese singers and breath support, anecdotally, but this lady is something else. It sounds like she's constantly reaching.

Probobly a late warning, but using the JP voices, and some scenes will not be subtitled, mostly the animation cutscenes.

Gotta turn animation subs on in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom