• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

I keep not advancing dialogue just to listen to the music. My total playtime is going to be like 25% idle time at this rate.

I've literally had the MC just standing outside the cafe (I haven't even gone in for the first time yet) as I caught up on twitter while I was away at work, and I don't mind. I mean I want to play but if I don't catch up on my feed it gets hard to keep track and whatnot.

And with this music, its just soothing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I love hearing this shit. I know there are eventually gonna be contrarians that come out of the woodwork shitting on his performance, but they're fucking crazy. I don't want to pull rank as a guy with an acting degree (since, of course, taste is subjective) but this dude can act. His range is really tremendous for the circumstances. I would love to see what he could do in, say, a Neil Druckmann game -- acting out scenes live on a soundstage with excellent direction.

The character's not my favorite, but I can't deny that the performance is great.

wrongway

Oh shiiit. My copy's here but I haven't even thought of the name thing. Should I make something up? Use the guy's name from the manga? Try to pick some random japanese name? I AM NOT PREPARED

TheChaos0

2 hours in. Years of wait were worth it. I like how the game started off straight into the action, although I'm not too hot going into the interrogation sections every so often. Maybe I'll get used to it. I love the tone of the game so far, much closer to P2 and P3, P2 especially with red being the theme colour.

A couple small annoyances. I'm using the Japanese DLC but not all voice lines have subtitles for them, the news broadcast for example. I understand enough to know what they are saying but still. And game has a bit of an issue with overscan...Well not an issue per second but you can't adjust it in game! I've set my TV to fit the screen setting and that solved it, still.

Oh shiiit. My copy's here but I haven't even thought of the name thing. Should I make something up? Use the guy's name from the manga? Try to pick some random japanese name? I AM NOT PREPARED

There's always Charlie Tunoku.

My personal method: my first name + random Japanese last name from another Persona game.

I love hearing this shit. I know there are eventually gonna be contrarians that come out of the woodwork shitting on his performance, but they're fucking crazy. I don't want to pull rank as a guy with an acting degree (since, of course, taste is subjective) but this dude can act. His range is really tremendous for the recording circumstances and such an over-the-top character. I can imagine not liking the character near as much if his performance weren't selling it so well.

I would love to see what he could do in, say, a Neil Druckmann game -- acting out scenes live on a soundstage with excellent direction.
It's the same VA as Prompto in FFXV. I actually met him last month at a con, super cool dude, very funny. His Ryuji is waaaay better than Prompto though, and his VA for Prompto wasn't even bad. Also fun fact, he's Indian American

It's the same VA as Prompto in FFXV. I actually met him last month at a con, super cool dude, very funny. His Ryuji is waaaay better than Prompto though, and his VA for Prompto wasn't even bad. Also fun fact, he's Indian American

Oh man Prompto was great too! I have a new favorite lol.

OmegaDL50

Ugh...I hope you sent them an email.

Actually. Amazon really have awesome customer service. They fully refunded my purchase and I got to keep it. Something about a carrier shipping error.

I was annoyed when I created the support chat so I don't sound cordial it's because of that. I generally try to be polite when dealing with support folks, Being a former IT Tier 1 tech support agent myself, I can relate.

But yeah Amazon does exceptionally well by their customers.

ogV5Nje.jpg

Kindekuma

Banned
About 4 hours in, good so far. Digging the aesthetics, music and combat. Some VAs are really good, feeling really mixed about Igor however.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
~4 hours in now.

Yup, digging everything this game is doing. Haven't played a persona but saw the P4 ER and figured as much. Really excited to get deeper in.

Xeteh

Everyone in the game is crazy. I'm like 2 hours in and they're all mental, send help.

I used the name from the manga, anything I would have come up with would have been garbage.

pablito

No effin way. I'm definitely gonna listen more closely when I play again.

I liked the FFXV bros but Ryuji sounds way better acted.

HeelPower

I just got the TYH edition delivered and cripes this is like the 2nd biggest LE I've ever bought for a game.

I am SO impressed with the CE.I am in love!

I dunno if its because I don't get CEs often ,but I feel like this has gotta be one of the best ever made.

ymgve

I'm not a fan of the chest unlocking system in this game. Feels really wasteful to spend valuable evenings creating one lockpick each time. Is the loot in locked chests good enough to justify it?

Aurizen

So guys any tips on earning money? Leveling, studying and social skills and other stuff? And what about the options you pick does it affect gameplay

Kindekuma

Banned
I am SO impressed with the CE.I am in love!

I dunno if its because I don't get CEs often ,but I feel like this has gotta be one of the best ever made.

I've bought a fair bit of CEs and so far, this has been the best value for the money with all the items. I paid $76 on Amazon (with Prime), and $16 more (and some change) over a regular $60 price tag to get a steelbook, bag, soundtrack, plushie, and art book is a huge plus.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of the chest unlocking system in this game. Feels really wasteful to spend valuable evenings creating one lockpick each time. Is the loot in locked chests good enough to justify it?

Often, and as you rank up Proficiency, you can make more than one thing in a night.

There's also (confidant spoilers)
a person that can make them for you.

OmegaDL50

No effin way. I'm definitely gonna listen more closely when I play again.

I liked the FFXV bros but Ryuji sounds way better acted.

Robbie Daymond did Sorey in Tales of Zestiria as well as Alto from Stella Glow.

While he hasn't done many roles, he does good work from my experience of what I listened to so far.

pablito

So guys any tips on earning money? Leveling, studying and social skills and other stuff?

Level
the Sun confidant. You'll be able to ask multiple times for money from a demon, and then later on larger sums of money.
Also I level a little bit in the dungeon I'm in, then go back and just auto fight the weak stuff.

ymgve

Often, and as you rank up Proficiency, you can make more than one thing in a night.

There's also (confidant spoilers)
a person that can make them for you.

But for the first 1-2 dungeons when your Proficiency is low and I don't even think I have the correct confidant, is it worth creating them to get the loot in the locked chests?

I played it in Japanese already and I'm loving it as if It's alll new.

The added dub is great, the game feels fresh now that I understand everything.

Mengetsu

So are the personas in the palaces missable? I can't capture this one cause im to strong now and his weakness kills him in one hit so I can't get a chance at the mask :(

I feel like I might as well pick random dialogue options in a hold up. I try to win them, but the outcome can be so unrelated. I can't tell what the demons actually want to hear.

Robbie Daymond was the actor for Prompto, he's in P5 but he's Goro not Ryuji, Ryuji is voiced by Max Mittelman.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
But for the first 1-2 dungeons when your Proficiency is low and I don't even think I have the correct confidant, is it worth creating them to get the loot in the locked chests?

Eh. (Treasure chest time management)
They'll usually have three items, one will be a weapon/protection/accessory, and then a healing item, and then something else (I think I've seen materials, or a second healing item sometimes). So if you feel like you need better equipment, and don't have enough money, then it could be worth it. Otherwise, I'd say wait.

HeelPower

I've bought a fair bit of CEs and so far, this has been the best value for the money with all the items. I paid $76 on Amazon (with Prime), and $16 more (and some change) over a regular $60 price tag to get a steelbook, bag, soundtrack, plushie, and art book is a huge plus.

Check out the art book.

Character design is just absurdly good. Wonderous stuff.

outsidah

Has Atlus said anything about more copies of the TYH edition? Amazon lost mine which I preordered day one last year so I'm out in the cold.

First persona game, is there a set number of days? Is it like pikmin where you have limited time to complete the game or can I play through the game at my own pace?

cheez124

I feel like I might as well pick random dialogue options in a hold up. I try to win them, but the outcome can be so unrelated. I can't tell what the demons actually want to hear.
it depends on their personality type, which you can see in the top left during a hold-up, or when analyzing them in battle. upbeat shadows like joking answers, for example. check the tutorial section in the pause menu, there should be a section for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom