• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the opening so far. It's rather slow but not P4 slow.

At least there are some actions here and there right from the beginning.

So happy to finally play a new Persona game.

So how long can you put off meeting with Confidants? I haven't started Tae's yet and Morganna just made about a comment about meeting with her to keep up a good relationship. I want to do but it's raining so I want to get that studying boost.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really wish they showed you the max HP of a party member more easily... Makes using healing items a bit more challenging.

Mediking

Sad how Joker and Ryuji being treated in school and I may not know the full story of Kamodoshi yet but also sadly reminds me of creepy teachers.

VegiHam

Okay what the fuck? I open a door get thrown into a fight with a dude who instakills my whole party and lose 30 mins work with no warning?

Fuck that. That isn't fun game design that's just tedious.

Xeteh

*gasp* "Does that mean you've got a phone?!" might be the dumbest/greatest line ever. Of all the questions, that is what Ryuji was most curious about.

Wubbys

So im like 30 minutes in whats up with sojiro dropping all these homophobic lines. My teacher as well said a male would be better equipped to handle this situation lol wtf. Is the whole game full of these unlikable characters? Hopefully they all warm up to me.

Jiraiza

bp1o3NS.jpg

You can't stop me, Atlus.

kromeo

So im like 30 minutes in whats up with sojiro dropping all these homophobic lines. My teacher as well said a male would be better equipped to handle this situation lol wtf. Is the whole game full of these unlikable characters? Hopefully they all warm up to me.

All I remember him saying is he doesn't ride with dudes in his car or keep men's phone numbers?

I'm still in the first Dungeon how do I do that hiding behind cover to proform a ambushed on shadows?

There's no prompts and I pressed every button.

Maybe it's just because I'm thirsty for the shady gun man but about half of what Iwai says seems like innuendo to me. "The good stuff", "special menu"... 🤔😍

*gasp* "Does that mean you've got a phone?!" might be the dumbest/greatest line ever. Of all the questions, that is what Ryuji was most curious about.

Ryuji has some great lines. His VA's delivery is absolutely spot on, too.

what does it mean when a shadow has a letter highlighted in their name?

Nothing, it's just a stylised flair.

I'm still in the first Dungeon how do I do that hiding behind cover to proform a ambushed on shadows?

There's no prompts and I pressed every button.

X hides behind cover, then wait for the shadow to come into range for the ambush prompt to appear.

Sojiro doesn't seem homophobic to me, just really into the womenfolk to an almost obnoxious degree.

About to start now. Think I'll go with Akira Kurisu as the name since Steins Gate is the first thing I thought of when I saw his name lol

Just started. Met the principal and teacher. First ever JRPG if Pokémon doesn't count, definitely my first Persona.

I love the look so far, and the music is really good. It seems to control like ass walking around town and stuff but maybe I just have to get used to it, coming from Zelda.

I named myself Saitama Miyazaki because I'm an uncultured swine and know very little about Japan.

Rodin

Ended up buying this. It's my first Persona and I'm loving it soooo much. Played 5 hours today.

I have an item that can completely heal my entire party but it sells for 50.000 yen. Should i sell it to buy better equipment or keep it? I'm preparing for the first palace.

Strimei

Sojiro didn't come across that way to me at all, he just is woman-focused.

Perineum

What is the best comprehensive guide to make sure I get to the true ending to follow?

I was using Polygons guide so far and am up to meeting Ryu on the roof next.

I am unsure if I missed anything up to this point for extras except the extra phone call to flip the sign before bed.

Is Polygon guide good to stick with?

I wonder if that's a cultural thing like maybe there is sometimes a lack of respect for female teachers in Japan and having a delinquent would only strengthen the chances of that. I have no idea if that's a real thing or not, I just know that this game deals with a lot of issues in Japan and I'm trying to give them the benefit of doubt.

What is the best comprehensive guide to make sure I get to the true ending to follow?

I was using Polygons guide so far and am up to meeting Ryu on the roof next.

I am unsure if I missed anything up to this point for extras except the extra phone call to flip the sign before bed.

Is Polygon guide good to stick with?

dude, dont use guide. Just go with it, you will enjoy it more.

LiK

I LOVE THE ENGLISH DUB. Just as good as P4G and in some cases, better. Good casting so far too. Nothing weird or off. Loving it!

Thewonandonly

Damn if subway stations are really like this then I will be fucked if I ever visit there.

Signs should be in English tho so I know where I'm going but all eventually figure it out hopefully...

Man fuck demon negotiation. They should have left that shit in SMT.

Yeh I said it

I don't know that I miss the demon acquisition mechanics from P4/P4G. "Here's a quick time event, don't accidentally pick a penalty card, tee hee!" or "Fuck it just pick the reward you want. Oh you got a good shuffle just take everything!"

Perineum

dude, dont use guide. Just go with it, you will enjoy it more.

I lost out on nothing doing a guide with Persona 4 when I played it, and it is tied for my favorite game of all time.

I have 0 intention of retreading 100+ hours.

Thanks though.

Anyone think the Polygon guide is good, or is there a better one to use ?

Oh man, okay so yeah there is no way I can complete this dungeon in one day as I am. I'm going to have to come back which might mess up some things I was planning but whatever.

AEREC

So whats the verdict on difficulty? Should I start on hard? Ive played P4 on normal and thought it was pretty easy but never finished it.

Tamanon

Banned
Three hours in and loving it. Glad I didn't spoil myself even on early events as the story is pretty cool thus far. Loving Ryuji also. Hothead but deep down seems to be all about justice .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom