• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the second main story boss, I didn't want to experiment all the options but generally speaking (boss mechanic)
Are the eyes and nose immune to all magic? While the mouth is immune to all physical?

Also I aimed for the eyes and nose first because they were weaker but does taking out the mouth leaves him with no attacks?

benbeaux

Banned
Played the game 4 hours straight. The wait was worth it, holy shit this game is incredible. Absolutely in love with it right now.

Talonz

I'm sure this is old news, but for those who may not have seen it Atlus put out a statement regarding P5 and streaming

- Basically, all video, streamed or otherwise must be from before 7/7 (in game date)
- No longer than 90 minutes long
- No boss fights or "major story spoilers"
- If you stream past 7/7, ATLUS threatens to hit your channel with content ID claims, potentially putting a strike on your YT or Twitch account (which can lead to account suspension)

Atlus likes undermining their sales apparently.

Ha ha, I actually always like doing the 100% Confidant Guide runs as my first run because it makes it so much more challenging. At the beginning of the game it's basically "Alright, you have no S. Links, no money, no better items and are fighting with a ham sandwich. Beat this dungeon in one day" Most of the time you're underleveled or underpowered or don't have everyone fully outfitted and it just makes so much of the game nail-biting. I'm in the first dungeon with 0MP on all my characters and I have like...another floor to go and it's seriously heart-pounding around enemies.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Ha ha, I actually always like doing the 100% Confidant Guide runs as my first run because it makes it so much more challenging. At the beginning of the game it's basically "Alright, you have no S. Links, no money, no better items and are fighting with a ham sandwich. Beat this dungeon in one day" Most of the time you're underleveled or underpowered or don't have everyone fully outfitted and it just makes so much of the game nail-biting. I'm in the first dungeon with 0MP on all my characters and I have like...another floor to go and it's seriously heart-pounding around enemies.
But then how do you beat the boss?

Shouta

I just noticed a line that is totally fine grammatically but got translated in a way that removed the joke.

Spoilers for folks that have gotten into or past the 2nd dungeon.

When Ann joins the party in the intro, Sae's goes "It wouldn't be odd if you had someone that was proficient in deceiving the eyes of others." in the part where the Lover's arcana opens up. This actually is missing a key word here from the Japanese version. It's missing the word acting here. Considering what happens with Yusuke, yeah... lol

"C'mon dude, you
can't go after Kamoshida's bitch!"

tenor.gif
sameee

and fuck.. 4/15 spoilers
everyone having their phones out was so fucked up but completely realistic

Strimei

Hm, is there no way to have the camera turn if you hold the right or left shoulder buttons? I liked being able to control the camera that way in P4.

First persona game, is there a set number of days? Is it like pikmin where you have limited time to complete the game or can I play through the game at my own pace?

You're "timed" as in limited to the total number of events you can do but there's no actual timer. You could take 1000 hours to beat this game if you wanted.

matmanx1

It's been a bit of a strange journey (heh - Atlus pun!) with me and this game. I went from 'ALL IN" PS4 - Take My Heart Edition awesomeness last fall to selling my PS4 early this year and cancelling Persona entirely for a couple of weeks. I tried telling myself I didn't really want to play console games anymore and for the most part I would rather game on the PC.....

But then I started eyeing my old PS3 sitting there collecting dust. And this weekend I booted it up and played Dragon's Crown for an hour or so (I still love DC to this day) and realized I had $20 PSN credit sitting there doing nothing.

So yeah, long story short, the PS3 version of P5 is now installing on my PS3. 25% and counting. I totally caved.
and it will be so worth it

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh god. The game just took the training wheels off and is letting me free roam. I can already feel the paralyzing indecision setting in.

ubiblu

Atlus likes undermining their sales apparently.

Bullshit. Not allowing streaming should have zero impact on sales to rationally-minded people. Carrying on over some 'principled' sense of entitlement is making a lot of users on here look petty and cheap.

megalowho

Barely scratched the surface, but right now it's raining and the chill version of Behind the Mask is playing and everything is good in the world. Just trying to live that honest student life, one day at a time.

Bullshit. Not allowing streaming should have zero impact on sales to rationally-minded people. Carrying on over some 'principled' sense of entitlement is making a lot of users on here look petty and cheap.
It significantly reduces the effect of word of mouth which played a big role in P4's success outside Japan.

So are we missing way too much random lines of dialogue if we play with the Japanese VO?

Are most people completely fine with the English voice acting so far?

Szadek

Played 6 hours today. It's really good so far.
This comes from someone who played every game in the series btw.
Very glad that negotiations are back.

Crosseyes

Banned
Still on the first school day and so far it's been 'edgy', but in a very enjoyable and completely not in a derogatory way.

Like... I can't wait to slaughter some of these hinted antagonists because there sure are a lot of people who really need their lives snuffed out and by god I hope this game let's you do that.

Ooooooh this Bill O Riley, Kagoshima motherfucker. I want to slit his throat already and it's only gonna get worse isn't it.

mileS

Just the Ann theme is up on ps4 If you search under themes. If you go to the store page and scroll down the rest of them are up. Just got the Joker theme myself.

Caim

Just the Ann theme is up on ps4 If you search under themes. If you go to the store page and scroll down the rest of them are up. Just got the Joker theme myself.

If you go to the add-ons section in the game's details section they are there too I think.

Renmyra

Can you find Ann anywhere after school? Sometimes she's still sitting in the chair in front of you, but most of the time she's not.

Atilac

When does the tutorializing end? And I'm able to do what I want at night and buy stuff from vending machines? I'm at the castle for the second time, and this cat is still spoon feeding me gameplay I know already.

bryt

Wow I haven't watched any trailers or anything and Igor's voice caught me super off guard. I'm not sure if I can handle this change lol

Having only watched a couple of trailers, I'm surprised by how dark this game is from the get-go. I mean, they start right off with
teens being abused
. I'm going to nuke that
coach
into outer space.
Also, fuck volleyball forever.

Awesome, I'm almost there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom