• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

V2vIFev.jpg

Forever 16.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So whats the verdict on difficulty? Should I start on hard? Ive played P4 on normal and thought it was pretty easy but never finished it.

May as well. You can change at any time(outside of the easiest or the hardest DLC difficulty) and there is no trophy penalty.

Bladenic

Is the art book super spoilery?

Edit : "men aren't allowed in my passenger seat" um okay what's the big deal? That seems harmless to me

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Once you realize the personality plays into the questioning getting new personas is so easy.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HOLY SHIT I DID IT, I BEAT THE DUNGEON IN ONE DAY AFTER HAVING NO HEALING ITEMS AND 0 MP 75% OF THE WAY THROUGH PRAISE ME AS YOUR GOD AND KING AHA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh my god that was one in a million of actually happening and I fucking did it, I'm so fucking hyped up I just did a victory lap around my apartment.

Zyrox

Played quite a lot today.
First up: The game is even mote stylish than I thought it was. All these unnecessary but totally awesome little UI quirks my gosh
Second: Can't believe I'm actually playing this. Been waiting for this moment for about 5 years now, feels so good to play a Persona game again.
Third: Well, let's get down to business. I just got to the part where you get freedom to decide how you spend your days. My question is, what's a good strategy here? I want to see as many S links as possible. Are there any obvious regular rainy days where nobody is available for some S-linking like in P4? That's when I hopped into dungeons in that game. Just want to know if those days will be coming up. Don't wanna waste this perfectly fine day with dungeons if better opportunities for that will arise.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
What's everybody's favourite piece of music so far

The weapon shop theme is so ducking good. And I love the after school music

Hero

So can you not switch audio settings once you start a game? I started with Japanese and saved and have tried going to English and my save file keeps going to Japanese audio.

Mothman91

So can you not switch audio settings once you start a game? I started with Japanese and saved and have tried going to English and my save file keeps going to Japanese audio.

Yeah, tried switching to Japanese to check it out, seems like it only works right when you start unfortunately.

Wanted to see how Japaeses VA is.

Thewonandonly

God I love the Japanese way of story telling and how invested u get in the characters. This is the first one I'm going to finish tho sense I don't like hand helds to play games on. Played part of dangonromba and p4 but never beat them. Playing p5 has made me remember just how fond I am of the character interactions in this games.

After this I will buy dangonromba and finally beat it seeing as I only made it to the second murder.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Yeah, tried switching to Japanese to check it out, seems like it only works right when you start unfortunately.

Triangle on the load game menu.

Caim

Press triangle on your save at the Load menu to toggle between languages.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamnnnnnnn the 2nd major boss in the main story is a major pain in the arseeeeeeeeeee.

Man, don't forget to upgrade the melee weapons for your party, people, otherwise you'll be having a rough time, damn.

Anyways, has it been known which Confidants that will automatically get a rank up for each meeting? Meaning that you don't need to bring a corresponding Persona to your meetings with them; Fool is a given but what else?

taoofjord

Holy shit I don't think I'm going to get used to the feel of movement in this game. It's low-budget PS2 era awful. There's lag, a turbo walking speed that in no way matches the animation, and some weird kind of inertia that makes turning feel like shit.

jediyoshi

It's described on the DLC page's description

Once installed, the audio for a New Game can be set from the title screen via the Config menu. To change the audio for a game already in progress, toggle the Language option for the saved game between ENG and JPN at the Load Data menu. (Saving your progress afterward will commit your changes.) Enjoy!​

Holy shit I don't think I'm going to get used to the feel of movement in this game. It's low-budget PS2 era awful. There's lag, a turbo walking speed that in no way matches the animation, and some weird kind of inertia that makes turning feel like shit.

The inertia is maybe the only thing not making it feel ancient. If you stopped on a dime and could change directions on a dime, then it would be PS2 JRPG era movement.

ubiblu

Trust me, you get used to it. One of my only real complaints when I played the import, but after the first 20-30 hours, you just forget about it completely and adapt.

Is there like a max s link guide somewhere?

Gamefaqs have a spoiler-free one.

Is the setup realistic to Japan? I hope not because wtf

save a woman from an asshole, get expelled?
The implication in the flashbacks is that the person you stopped has ties to the police and the government so he has the power to make it look like you just assaulted him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Only on the 3rd day.. and this is without a doubt the slickest and most stylish jrpg I have ever laid hands on.

So much care and attention was put into this. Hot damn does it show.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HOLY SHIT I DID IT, I BEAT THE DUNGEON IN ONE DAY AFTER HAVING NO HEALING ITEMS AND 0 MP 75% OF THE WAY THROUGH PRAISE ME AS YOUR GOD AND KING AHA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh my god that was one in a million of actually happening and I fucking did it, I'm so fucking hyped up I just did a victory lap around my apartment.
Nice, was it the first or second dungeon, cause it gets easier to pull that off the farther you get.

Bladenic

The implication in the flashbacks is that the person you stopped has ties to the police and the government so he has the power to make it look like you just assaulted him.

I saw that but then
the guy who's housing you states what you did and still treats you like shit. I haven't met anyone else but it seems like people know exactly what happened but they don't care, it's still the protagonist's fault?
again I'm really early though

Man this game is fucking crack. About to hit the 10 hour mark and my enjoyment has not waned 1 bit. I'm still as into as I was when I first started. I like literally don't want to stop playing, and only stopped just so I could eat, lol.

I saw that but then
the guy who's housing you states what you did and still treats you like shit. I haven't met anyone else but it seems like people know exactly what happened but they don't care, it's still the protagonist's fault?
Japanese cultural attitude for a lot of the older adults (which Soujiro is) toes the line if "it's not your business, don't get involved". So he doesn't think you did it per say, but that you got involved so it's your own fault regardless.

I had such an awful time with Amazon. Ever since last night, it has sat in an Amazon facility. Spoke to customer service for over an hour and finally got a refund.

I just bought it from Target and now ready to dive in! So pumped!

pablito

Ryuji confidant rank 6 to 7 question

He keeps saying he needs to find out Yamauchi's drinking schedule? How do I get past this?

I saw that but then
I think in his case he's just recounting your side of the story, which he clearly doesn't totally believe. Everybody else is just going off your record.

So did the blonde chick
had sex with the teacher
? When he mentioned that she suffered an
appendicitis recently I couldn't stop thinking about it was actually an abort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom