• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have one complaint so far it's the ambient dialog bubbles popping up in your view. Seems every time I'm trying to read a door label or sign a speech bubble gets in the way.

20cent

Banned
Like I said
Fucking Atlus, ass backwards weirdos

Good decision.

Persona is played (esp. in safe mode) / seen by many as kind of VN. What's the point of buying or playing it if you are lazy enough to watch a virtual friend playing it instead. The game is lengthy but has a very low replayability IMO, at least for people not in the "waifu" weirdness.
Yes, other very short games with no replayability and story driven allow it, their choice.

Plus I don't want to get spoiled by a shitty Tumblr account / Youtube video thumbnail or title while googling for some hints.

mike6467

Man this game is fucking crack. About to hit the 10 hour mark and my enjoyment has not waned 1 bit. I'm still as into as I was when I first started. I like literally don't want to stop playing, and only stopped just so I could eat, lol.

Same. I'm actually outside the dungeon after school and I'm just wandering around the city, talking to people, messing around and taking it all in before I decide how to pass time (I've been in the 1st dungeon 3 times so far and done a few of the confidants). I'm excited to go back and get through the dungeon but right now I just want to bathe in the atmosphere and lore of it all.

Shouta

I saw that but then
the guy who's housing you states what you did and still treats you like shit. I haven't met anyone else but it seems like people know exactly what happened but they don't care, it's still the protagonist's fault?
again I'm really early though

Actually, I think this is because of a careless translation. Spoilers for it but

The English translation makes it look like it was recognized as the bad guy there was going to rape the woman. However the wording in Japanese wording reads as him trying to hit on her/get friendly with her. This is a super important distinction because the latter makes it easier to understand how it could be covered up. It might actually be a bit of a big fuck-up.

BriGuy

It feels good to play a new Persona again. It's been a hell of a long time, but it does not disappoint (coughFinalFantasycough).

I have the Take Your Heart edition but also bought it digitally because I'm afraid to open the former.

Zyrox

Third: Well, let's get down to business. I just got to the part where you get freedom to decide how you spend your days. My question is, what's a good strategy here? I want to see as many S links as possible. Are there any obvious regular rainy days where nobody is available for some S-linking like in P4? That's when I hopped into dungeons in that game. Just want to know if those days will be coming up. Don't wanna waste this perfectly fine day with dungeons if better opportunities for that will arise.

No one able to help me out here? :(
I consulted the activity log (thank the stars this feature returned - helped me out a lot in P4) and 70% went straight into the dungeon. 10% did a job/studied and 20% did an S link. Again, just wanna know if there are basically "no S link" days coming up like the rainy days in P4 where I can safely hop into dungeons without missing much else.

Dugna

so I downloaded the japanese voice DLC, and I see the option to change in the config on the start screen, but when I load up my save it doesn't change the voice.

Strimei

Screw this subway station seriously

Yeah that's one of the few problems I'm having with this game. "Go to the Gizca line" (or whatever it was) and I spent a good while just squinting at signs.

...which is probably pretty realistic but they could've used some better signage for a game.

Mik317

4 hours in.

And yep das it mane.

Was initially a little bored but then things started to get real.

I will say they do lay it on a bit thick with the "look at this POS. watch out he might shank you" stuff....like I want to know what did the guy who pushed (?) said to the press for you to get that kind of rep. Then again HS rumors do tend to get out of hand so I guess it accurate...but damn everyone treats you like shit.

which is also kind of a breath of fresh air after being God in P4 and Jesus in P3....although I am sure one will end the game as a diety too.

ramyeon

Yeah that's one of the few problems I'm having with this game. "Go to the Gizca line" (or whatever it was) and I spent a good while just squinting at signs.

...which is probably pretty realistic but they could've used some better signage for a game.
You can talk to the staff there and they give directions too. Didn't have a problem with it (Although I have been to the actual station before) and you only really have to do it once anyway.

Strimei

You can talk to the staff there and they give directions too. Didn't have a problem with it (Although I have been to the actual station before) and you only really have to do it once anyway.

Ah didn't know that. Felt a bit lost but that makes sense to talk to staff, haha. Good to know!

HoJu

1 hour in. Dont thimk its fair to really judge, but besides presentstion im not impressed. I thimk im just not into story driven games anymore, because I just find the writing incredibly stilted, and when thats all im doing, its not fun. After the tenth time my new dad told me not to do anything stupid, its just annoying and not in a funny way.

Cool menus tho.

I absolutely cannot believe that not everything is subtitled in cutscenes. I'm watching one of the first cutscenes and they focus on a newscaster for 20 seconds of pure untranslated unsubtitled Japanese audio. Then they do it a second time.

What on earth? Why would this choice ever be made?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I admittedly used a guide for P4G but think I might do P5 blind..

That's the only way to play IMO. It's fun to juggle all of the choices on your own. Plus there's always NG+ for mopping up anything you missed. It's impossible to Platinum the game in one playthrough anyway. So I'd go for blind run for the first time, then use a guide to max everything out in NG+.

Ooccoo

I got a bit emotional when I played the first few hours earlier. The game is just perfect (to me), been a long wait.

wrongway

This is already lovely and I've hardly done anything (just passed school day one). There have been so many amazing games recently, but this is immediately like a warm blanket. And I think that's kind of funny considering how aggressively stylish this is. Even the damn menus are cool.

Liking the english VA so far too, for what it's worth.

dugdug

Banned
Y'all, please tell me this weird blue bubble thing outlining the screen goes away. Why are they obscuring the screen like that?

Zackat

just started a little bit ago. seems like they are coming out swinging early with the first dungeon. like it so far

Anyone in the same boat, never played any of the Persona series but overwhelming hype and ridiculous high reviews made me look..in nother words would I/you enjoyed this type of RPG as a NEW comer?

Strimei

Anyone in the same boat, never played any of the Persona series but overwhelming hype and ridiculous high reviews made me look..in nother words would I/you enjoyed this type of RPG as a NEW comer?

The Persona games are all pretty much stand alone so you're good on that front. There are a few references and maybe a cameo or two that you may not get but nothing big.

Its the most polished Persona title yet so go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom