• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

Don't support them! Support the shopping district!

Those prices are insane for those local stores. They can't compete, and Junes offers all we need for much better prices!

Them's the breaks.

tumblr_m6k37s2PaA1r96br0o1_500.png

Venfayth

But that is how the big chains work. They move in, undercut the moms and the pops, and then once they're gone, that's when they gouge you!

Astra

But that is how the big chains work. They move in, undercut the moms and the pops, and then once they're gone, that's when they gouge you!

That's when we have to destroy the heart of Junes. In the electronics department, behind the plasma screen televisions.

Sophia

I wish we had a good Japanese restraunt like Aiya's around here. All we have is a crappy Chinese Restraunt and an okay Chinese one that's all you can eat... :\

Squire

Banned
I wish we had a good Japanese restraunt like Aiya's around here. All we have is a crappy Chinese Restraunt and an okay Chinese one that's all you can eat... :

Me and my family like to eat at this place called Twin Dragons. Apparently it's a franchise. I just found out a few days ago, but we've been going once or twice a year since I was little.

Sophia

Me and my family like to eat at this place called Twin Dragons. Apparently it's a franchise. I just found out a few days ago, but we've been going once or twice a year since I was little.

There's an exceptionally good Chinese restaurant in Warren, Michigan that my World of Warcraft friends took me to when we met in real life. It was some of the best food I've ever had, and I wanna go back there one of these days.

I don't know of any good Japanese ones tho. :(

Squire

Banned
I've never had any Japanese food, which is a shame. :/

There's another small Chinese place in downtown LA called Lillia's. Occasionally I have lunch there with my mom.

Moonlight

Banned
Yes, new thread with a superior OT name. Glorious day!

I'd totally eat at this place.

aUzm5iW.jpg
Holy shit, this is the greatest. I need an artist name, stat.

And to catch up on things, I don't think I've ever attempted any romance that's not Rise. Even when I go into games thinking to myself, like, "okay, this is absolutely a Chie run", I just decide to roll with Rise by the time I actually get to that particular bridge.

On a more topical (well, at least more current note) - there's this nice ramen place I live by that I like dropping in on. It's good, if a little expensive, heh.

Dantis

Yeeaaah, I found Gravity Rush to be mediocre to be honest.

So did I. Incredibly technically impressive, and really great art style, but man, that combat was janky. By the time I got to the end of it, I didn't want to play it any more.

jaxword

I'm genuinely surprised not a single person here remembers the Persona 1 storyline. I really did want to give it another chance.

Jintor

My exact thoughts

I was glad to have played it, I quite liked Kat, but pretty much everything else was like... eh

gravity mechanic was rad though but fuck the aiming was so terrible even with the gyros (or maybe especially with the gyros)

Dantis

I'm genuinely surprised not a single person here remembers the Persona 1 storyline. I really did want to give it another chance.

Me, Buddha and CJ all know the Persona 1 story line.

My exact thoughts

I was glad to have played it, I quite liked Kat, but pretty much everything else was like... eh

gravity mechanic was rad though but fuck the aiming was so terrible even with the gyros (or maybe especially with the gyros)

Yup. Agreed. The bigger enemies were especially frustrating.

jaxword

Me, Buddha and CJ all know the Persona 1 story line.

May I please get a refresher so I can get back in? I barely remember how it started, though looking at the movies reminded me that it was some sort of game-ritual they did in high school, though I'm ot sure what happened next.

Savegame is at :
some sort of alternate universe, supposed to go to a castle. Only accessible mall is a cross shape that has people in weird costumes at the stores.

Don't even remember the characters or their significance. We have stuffy glasses guy, yellow hat, girl with vaguely reddish hair, smug guy with shades on his head...none of these guys ring any bells for their personal history, and looking them up in the wiki will spoil what little the game hasn't revealed yet...

Meia

Considering I just beat persona 1 like a month ago, I too know it. It's just not that good until 95% in.

The "game" doesn't really start story or character wise until you're locked on a good ending path. That's kind of......sad. Also sad is the ultimate personas of pretty much everyone are terrible(exception of Maki probably).

Gravity Rush is also in my backlog. I should post the whole list sometime, should be fun/suicide inducing seeing it.

May I please get a refresher so I can get back in? I barely remember how it started, though looking at the movies reminded me that it was some sort of game-ritual they did in high school, though I'm ot sure what happened next.

Savegame is at :
some sort of alternate universe, supposed to go to a castle. Only accessible mall is a cross shape that has people in weird costumes at the stores.

Don't even remember the characters or their significance. We have stuffy glasses guy, yellow hat, girl with vaguely reddish hair, smug guy with shades on his head...none of these guys ring any bells for their personal history, and looking them up in the wiki will spoil what little the game hasn't revealed yet...

The funny and sad thing is, you haven't missed anything, there's not much to tell about the characters or story at this point.

Necrovex

OT2? I feel old now. :-(

I went to a video game bar last night for the Central Florida Gaf meetup, and I saw one of the bartenders in a Rise cosplay outfit. I was on my knees when I saw my 2-D waifu in 3-D form.

cj_iwakura

Savegame is at :

Sounds like you're at the Deva Yuga dungeon. Have fun with that!

Your cast are Mark/Masao, Nanjo, Brown, Eriko, and protagonist, sounds like.

Mark's a laid-back graffiti artist, Nanjo's a stuck up scion of his family's financial group, Brown is a silly prankster, and Eriko's an elegant debutante who specializes, oddly enough, in the occult.

Dantis

OT2? I feel old now. :-(

I went to a video game bar last night for the Central Florida Gaf meetup, and I saw one of the bartenders in a Rise cosplay outfit. I was on my knees when I saw my 2-D waifu in 3-D form.

Speaking of feeling old, I'm 24 next Saturday. I'll essentially be an old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom