• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

FluxWaveZ

PK Gaming

Gorramit, I read this before it was spoilered ;_;

I shall remove it from your memory

forget forget forget BEAM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep playing the game and don't think too much about it too much. It's only a small part of a very, very, very complex game. I'll just say this: In a list of things to get spoilered, that isn't even the worst offender, and remember:
The dead don't come back to life

I shall remove it from your memory

Sorry, but not gonna happen, bro. My memory's like a steel trap. It's part of the reason why I'm my school's Ultimate Trivia King!

I'll just press on with that bit of foresight. I've been able to guess all but one plot twist in this game so far, so hopefully this is one of the ones I'd've been able to figure out on my own! *Hina face*

cjkeats

Erin Fitzgearld posted some on her tumblr just now, so consider yourself warned if you follow her. Me and jello are not so lucky :/ screens from case 6 for Christ sake.

Goddamit Chie.

Levito

Banned
Erin Fitzgearld posted some on her tumblr just now, so consider yourself warned. Me and jello are not so lucky :/ screens from case 6 for Christ sake.

Goddamit Chie.

Oh Christ, I just looked at what she posted.

Sorry guys, that's like megaton spoilers. :(

FluxWaveZ

Erin Fitzgearld posted some on her tumblr just now, so consider yourself warned. Me and jello are not so lucky :/ screens from case 6 for Christ sake.

Goddamit Chie.

Really? Man, they really are rampant. Seeing how it's a game practically made for me, it's almost a miracle that I wasn't spoiled going in. Maybe that's my Ultimate ability...

From the look of things, it's gonna be a challenge to dodge all the DR2 ones until its release in, like, 6 months.

Edit: Saw what she posted. Yikes. At least... it's one of the funnier scenes in the game?

Sophia

I will say this one final time: Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL should a Danganronpa spoiler be present in this thread. It does not matter if it is spoiler tagged or not, it does not belong in this thread.

This is not the Danganronpa thread nor is it your personal twitter. Please keep that in mind and be respectful to others.

Famitsu provided a preview of their next issue.

and what's this?
lde0mlg.jpg

(from Famitsu themselves)
Everyone can equip different personae?

Whoa wait what. We might be getting Persona 1 style Persona switching?! O_O

arue

Speaking of ages, today is my birthday!

Happy birthday!

Famitsu provided a preview of their next issue.

and what's this?
lde0mlg.jpg

(from Famitsu themselves)
Everyone can equip different personae?

I think it would be interesting if everybody can equip different personae and have different affinity if they equip persona from different arcana, like in P2.

Thankfully I finished DR on PSP the day before the Vita version launched. I am immune to all DR1 spoilers.

Caladrius

Spoiling the game for yourself before you get to play it so you won't be spoiled. It's genius! Are you gonna do the same with Persona 5?

It's a lot less absurd to me since as far as I'm concerned the value of VNs are 95% the story itself in its entirety and 5% playing it.

Seeing the story in its entirety is more important than the fact that I'm spoiled on the story itself. The main pooper about spoilers (besides the fact that you're not going to be surprised) is that you go through the narrative with expectations already in place and it screws with the natural flow of the story, if I'm making any sense. Going through the entire narrative ahead of time is much less disruptive to me than having individual things spoiled and messing with the flow.

I have no such plan for P5 if the localization time is short.

Levito

Banned
Warning to everyone that has not been exposed to the second game at all:

Even looking up wiki pages for the characters in the first game may spoil you on the second game.

This happened to me last night.

Gazoinks

Whoa wait what. We might be getting Persona 1 style Persona switching?! O_O

Yeah! As I said above, this actually seriously increases my interest in the game. Assuming it's not just a linear upgrade of Personas, it means that it'll probably be much less of an EO clone than I was expecting. I hope the plot is that the Persona 1 cast is tired of being forgotten so they trapped everyone in a labyrinth. :p

PK Gaming

I'm reading the something awful thread for 2 so that this can't happen to me.
Muhaha
muhaha
muhahahahahahahahahaha

Guys... I think we've lost Caladrius...

We mustn't given to Despair! Keep playing DanganRonpa! Be extra vigilant when searching for DR's OST on youtube! Stay away from wikis! Refrain from searching up DR1 images on google!

Sophia

Yeah! As I said above, this actually seriously increases my interest in the game. Assuming it's not just a linear upgrade of Personas, it means that it'll probably be much less of an EO clone than I was expecting. I hope the plot is that the Persona 1 cast is tired of being forgotten so they trapped everyone in a labyrinth. :p

Watch the Persona 1 cast become playable like mid way through the game (and then we don't hear from buddha for 20+ years)

FluxWaveZ

It's a lot less absurd to me since as far as I'm concerned the value of VNs are 95% the story itself in its entirety and 5% playing it.

Seeing the story in its entirety is more important than the fact that I'm spoiled on the story itself. The main pooper about spoilers (besides the fact that you're not going to be surprised) is that you go through the narrative with expectations already in place and it screws with the natural flow of the story, if I'm making any sense. Going through the entire narrative ahead of time is much less disruptive to me than having individual things spoiled and messing with the flow.

I have no such plan for P5 if the localization time is short.

I guess I can see that, though I could never do it myself because I want to experience the games firsthand or else my overall enjoyment is diminished. In DR's case, I'd say the gameplay to story ratio is a bit larger than the 5% you cited, though.

What you stated about a story's flow is part of the reason why I absolutely detest inadvertently coming across spoilers. That and because I like to be surprised when it comes to significant events.

Why I asked concerning P5 is because the localization might not be short enough for people to resist going through the entire story before it's actually localized once it comes out in Japan later this year.

Levito

Banned
Also PQ is later this year, right?

Yup! I hope that means it'll get localized before the end of summer.

I'm so terrified about P5 spoilers appearing in this thread. You know it's going to happen too during that window between the Japanese and English releases.

Sophia

Yup! I hope that means it'll get localized before the end of summer.

I'm so terrified about P5 spoilers appearing in this thread. You know it's going to happen too during that window between the Japanese and English releases.

Yeah, I definitely anticipate a few people getting a smack on the head over that. We'll have to be pretty vigilant about directing people who want to talk about that into a spoiler thread or chat. >.<;

That said I'm gonna make every attempt to diligently consume ever spoiler anyhow. I like the implications of plotlines more then I do actually experiencing them first hand.

Gazoinks

I'm going to try to avoid spoiling myself on specific plot beats, but I'll consume more general stuff like party members and the general themes of the story.

Lunar15

What does that meter even mean? I got on this morning and suddenly it was there.

Also PQ is later this year, right?

People can type "Anarchy" or "Democracy" to vote for which they want more. The meter on the top tracks where the current shift is. If they are in anarchy mode, for example, there will be a line close to democracy. If it gets enough votes to cross that line, we switch modes.

Democracy mode makes it so that inputs are tallied, and then the most typed input is used. It is far slower, but infinitely more effective. Some people argue that this isn't entertaining, and believe that it basically turns it into a really really slow walkthrough.

Put differently, this is basically Law and Chaos in its rawest form. No black or white, only grey.

Hmmm so that Seigfried is the old art/model, but Jack Frost and Cu Chulainn appear to be new art? Cu Chu kind of looks like his art actually belongs in the game, which is weird because haven't all the character Personas they've shown so far just been straight up the old art from P3/P4?

CorvoSol

People can type "Anarchy" or "Democracy" to vote for which they want more. The meter on the top tracks where the current shift is. If they are in anarchy mode, for example, there will be a line close to democracy. If it gets enough votes to cross that line, we switch modes.

Democracy mode makes it so that inputs are tallied, and then the most typed input is used. It is far slower, but infinitely more effective. Some people argue that this isn't entertaining, and believe that it basically turns it into a really really slow walkthrough.

Put differently, this is basically Law and Chaos in its rawest form. No black or white, only grey.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. The only thing I really wish they'd do is put some kind of limitation on when someone can say "START". Of course you could, technically, jam things almost as well by infinitely pushing Select.

FluxWaveZ

haven't all the character Personas they've shown so far just been straight up the old art from P3/P4?

Not as of the latest Nintendo Direct PQ video they haven't.

The PQ art for the P3/P4 Personas has been new since the game was first revealed.

Looking back, I don't know why I thought they were re-used art from the previous games. It's cool to see how the art was redrawn in the Nintendo Direct, regardless.

Watch the Persona 1 cast become playable like mid way through the game (and then we don't hear from buddha for 20+ years)

Honestly, if any characters from prior Persona games popped up in PQ, I'd be tempted buy copies for all my friends just to give the game more support.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. The only thing I really wish they'd do is put some kind of limitation on when someone can say "START". Of course you could, technically, jam things almost as well by infinitely pushing Select.

Adding multipliers was probably one of the more detrimental changes to the stream (i.e. "start9") since it freezes up progress completely.

I think the Siegfried art is drawn in a very similar pose but otherwise new. His sword's at a different angle and he seems a lot more orange compared to Kaneko's drawing below, but it's hard to tell with such a small picture.

C%C3%B3pia_de_Seigfried.png

Top Bottom