• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Caladrius

I guess I can see that, though I could never do it myself because I want to experience the games firsthand or else my overall enjoyment is diminished. In DR's case, I'd say the gameplay to story ratio is a bit larger than the 5% you cited, though.

What you stated about a story's flow is part of the reason why I absolutely detest inadvertently coming across spoilers. That and because I like to be surprised when it comes to significant events.

Why I asked concerning P5 is because the localization might not be short enough for people to resist going through the entire story before it's actually localized once it comes out in Japan later this year.

I think the most fun part of the trials were the character interactions, the actual gameplay didn't do much for me.

The two months SMT IV spent in Japan were more than enough for spoilers to spread like wildfire. I can't imagine what the landscape would look like if P5 was more than a month between regions.

How much is the danganronpas?

My jet interview is today so afterwards.com gonna buy a heap of games

40 US dollars (I don't know how much it is elsewhere.)

PK Gaming

The Naoto vs. Yukari MU must be a particularly strange one.

My favorite part was when the Yukari player baited the Naoto player into using their counter, and punished them with that Magarula super.

I really like how Yukari has both a strong close up game, a solid keep away game.

Dantis

I actually might get a US 3DS and then buy SMT4, Soul Hackers and PQ for it.

You just couldn't keep that for yourself, could you?

ibtlU6GO3MosFd.gif

LOL.

Do you know what the source for this is? Clooney looks sour as hell, haha.

Gazoinks

I think the Siegfried art is drawn in a very similar pose but otherwise new. His sword's at a different angle and he seems a lot more orange compared to Kaneko's drawing below, but it's hard to tell with such a small picture.

C%C3%B3pia_de_Seigfried.png

This drawing always cracks me up. Seigfried's posture is just like "Ayup, I'm ready to go guys!"

Someone on 2chan pointed out that Yu has "Leader Skill" instead of a "Boost" option on his battle menu (Aigis has "Orgia" instead of boost). I wonder if that means he and P3ro are the only ones who can use Limit skills?

Acid08

Banned
Yukari and Junpei look awesome in P4U2. I doubt I'll ever want to put the time into playing the game seriously but I'm really looking forward to their stories.

I just wanted to chime in say that man Yukari's hair looks really, really stupid. I've liked all the character designs in P4/P4/P4A so far but those like side curl things go waaaaay too far.

Dantis

Elliot Gay (Whose GAF name I have forgotten) has written up impressions of the first P3 movie. It's an interesting read, but it seems like my assumption was correct, and the S Links have been cut out entirely. I think it's not really something I'm bothered in seeing because of that, to be honest. I've always found the main plot in Persona 3 and 4 to be rather lacking, and 3 lacks all of the interesting symbolism of 4.

I just wanted to chime in say that man Yukari's hair looks really, really stupid. I've liked all the character designs in P4/P4/P4A so far but those like side curl things go waaaaay too far.

In Persona 3 or in Arena?

Sophia

Elliot Gay (Whose GAF name I have forgotten) has written up impressions of the first P3 movie. It's an interesting read, but it seems like my assumption was correct, and the S Links have been cut out entirely. I think it's not really something I'm bothered in seeing because of that, to be honest. I've always found the main plot in Persona 3 and 4 to be rather lacking, and 3 lacks all of the interesting symbolism of 4.

I haven't read his impression yet, but previous impressions said they incorporated the social links into the story (I.E. Junpei as Magician, Fuuka as Priestess after the rescue event.) Which isn't bad at all because P3's non-party member social links are a hit and a miss.

Surely you don't want 10-30 minutes of screentime dedicated to the likes of Kenji Tomochika or Nozomi Suemitsu?

Necrovex

I haven't read his impression yet, but previous impressions said they incorporated the social links into the story (I.E. Junpei as Magician, Fuuka as Priestess after the rescue event.) Which isn't bad at all because P3's non-party member social links are a hit and a miss.

Surely you don't want 10-30 minutes of screentime dedicated to the likes of Kenji Tomochika or Nozomi Suemitsu?

I want an hour focusing on a pink alligator.

Dantis

I haven't read his impression right, but previous impressions said they incorporated the social links into the story (I.E. Junpei as Magician, Fuuka as Priestess after the rescue event.) Which isn't bad at all because P3's non-party member social links are a hit and a miss.

I mean, I guess it depends how it's structured in the actual film? But pretty much everything in the plot outside of the finale in P3 feels like pretty much standard videogame nonsense to me. Not really something I'd want to see.

Outside of one or two shadow confrontations (Yukiko and Yosuke), the actual plot parts didn't interest me in P4A either. The bits I enjoyed the most were the bits with the actual characters.

Elliot is Ryougasama. Or Mara.

Can't imagine why I forgot an easy to remember name like that.

Sophia

I mean, I guess it depends how it's structured in the actual film? But pretty much everything in the plot outside of the finale in P3 feels like pretty much standard videogame nonsense to me. Not really something I'd want to see.

Outside of one or two shadow confrontations (Yukiko and Yosuke), the actual plot parts didn't interest me in P4A either. The bits I enjoyed the most were the bits with the actual characters.

Well, the supporting social links weren't ever going to work in a movie format; no respected director is going to waste screen time on something that doesn't have relevance to the story at all. Likewise from all the impressions I've read it sounds like the main story benefited significantly from the increased focus on the main cast.

Even in Persona 4: The Animation most of the non-party member social links were just filler episodes anyhow. Half of them weren't even great either. The ones that did stand out were because the original social links were already really strong.

It's understandable that you'd find most of the shadow confrontation and plot points non-interesting too by the way. That's because they weren't, because Kishi is an awful director. Shadow Yukiko is one of the only few spots where the plot was good because they actually incorporated the social link into the story.

PK Gaming

The film runs with the concept that Makoto is left broken after his parents died. He doesn't seem to care about anything, leading his teammates to eventually distrust his leadership. Junpei's frustration with Makoto being assigned the leader of the group, Yukari's concerns that he simply doesn't care about what happens to them; these are major beats that ultimately lead to him growing as a character. The subtitle of the film, Spring of Birth, undoubtedly refers to Makoto and the forward progress he makes as a person.

So psyched~

I don't want 10-30 minutes of screen time dedicated to Junpei or Ken either.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Welp, if we're on the subject of derp faces in Persona 4 The Animatronic Husk, might as well dig up this old classic. I continue to advocate that they should release a special edition Blu-Ray set with none of the corrected animation so we can enjoy it as God intended for all time, but apparently not even the constantly cash-hungry Japanese anime industry is keen on the idea.

Edit: Also available in a dubbed format!

Gazoinks

Welp, if we're on the subject of derp faces in Persona 4 The Animatronic Husk, might as well dig up this old classic. I continue to advocate that they should release a special edition Blu-Ray set with none of the corrected animation so we can enjoy it as God intended for all time, but apparently not even the constantly cash-hungry Japanese anime industry is keen on the idea.

Being Pursoner is suffering.

This is bad case adchee
I need to puke
LOL

And Nanako voiced as a boy
/dead

Though Chie looks like Misty from Pokemon in that one pic where she is running.

arue

I never noticed how bad the animation job in P4 the Animation was until I saw this and the double Chie. I never played P4, but I really enjoyed the anime until the last episode. It was so confusing, especially with P4 anime spoiler
Yu's imagination and the Margaret's battle.
The last episode really let me down, considering I was really looking forward to it :/
Nanako's Arc was spot-on though, Yu's tears and Dojima's determination almost brought me to tears.

QgZo30c.png

No, but you should seriously find a way to play P4. Watching the anime before playing the game isn't a great idea, imo.

I finished P4's let's play before watching the anime, so I guess I was expecting everything except for how the ending was handled. Besides, a let's play is almost the same as playing the game right?

Top Bottom