• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Tatsuya needs a hug pls.

I like this picture, the artist did a really good job with it. Also like Raidou in that picture
Speaking of him....
KwtrttV.jpg

Gazoinks

As soon as I enter a dungeon in P4G I immediately kill all tension and pacing by swapping through every costume I have with every party member for the unique dialog. :D

Musolf815

Did you bring a light?

WEN YOO PINSH DEEZ PENNEZ DEY PINCH BAK

Man, now I'm remembering when my brother first showed me 'All Toasters Toast Toast' ... we laughed for a good twenty minutes straight at the one where all nouns are replaced with toast or toaster, then just dying at all words replaced with toast.

hao chi

Good review! I'm surprised the game's that long too. Definitely plan on picking it up this year, want to go through at least Zero Escape first though.

You don't want to save the best for last? :p

DanganRonpa is really good though, but just not as good as either of the Zero Escape games IMO.

And regarding DanganRonpa,
I don't get the point of the Killing Game when a greater amount of despair could be caused by forcing everyone to watch Trinity Soul.

(not really spoilerish, I think, but just in case)

Gazoinks

You don't want to save the best for last? :p

DanganRonpa is really good though, but just not as good as either of the Zero Escape games IMO.

And regarding DanganRonpa,
I don't get the point of the Killing Game when a greater amount of despair could be caused by forcing everyone to watch Trinity Soul.

(not really spoilerish, I think, but just in case)

Haha, well I ordered 999 before Danganronpa was released. :D It's also cheaper. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
WEN YOO PINSH DEEZ PENNEZ DEY PINCH BAK

Man, now I'm remembering when my brother first showed me 'All Toasters Toast Toast' ... we laughed for a good twenty minutes straight at the one where all nouns are replaced with toast or toaster, then just dying at all words replaced with toast.

I remember those.

Best one.

HOW THE FUCK DO I KILL THEM WHEN THEY GET FIRST TURN ALWAYS AND THEIR FIRST TURN IS TO RUN.

Fuck these things.

Yeah, they are a pain. I don't remember any specific strategy against them, I think it just boils down to luck(stat) trying to connect a hit. I think any one attack is sufficient to kill them.

Gazoinks

Yeah, they are a pain. I don't remember any specific strategy against them, I think it just boils down to luck trying to connect a hit. I think any one attack is sufficient to kill them.

The worst part is when you get them down to a sliver and they run and now you've used up a ton of SP.

don't you just hit auto on golden hands because they take a lot of damage from physical attacks and they're always weak to one type

sometimes they just wait

Gazoinks

I'm just kidding.
Although I sort of do enjoy FeMC more than MaMC so far.

Also! Unlike P4 to P3, I should play P1 to P2 in the correct order, right?

I also enjoy FeMC more than the male one, but that's mainly because, from what I've played of P3P so far, her S.Links seem more consistently good. FES had some really good ones, but also some really... weird ones.

As far as playing 1 before 2. Might as well. The plots don't affect each other much, but a bunch of characters from 1 appear in 2 so it'll be some nice callbacks.

I'm just kidding.
Although I sort of do enjoy FeMC more than MaMC so far.

Also! Unlike P4 to P3, I should play P1 to P2 in the correct order, right?

Yes. P1 to P2IS to P2EP. P1 to P2IS is not manditory if you really find P1 a huge chore, but there are P1 references in the two P2's and they go far beyond little cameos and such...

Dang, that sucks. Man, I hope P5 doesn't have gold shadows, or maybe something less frustrating.

Man oh man I'm probably in the minority but I hate the gold shadows from P3 way more than the ones from P4. They just tantalized you so much wit the promise of badass weapons , only to disappear before you can even get into battle with them :/

Man oh man I'm probably in the minority but I hate the gold shadows from P3 way more than the ones from P4. They just tantalized you so much wit the promise of badass weapons , only to disappear before you can even get into battle with them :/

I'm with you, I found them more annoying in P3. I just want nihil weapons dang it.

There are two Persona 2s?

Yes, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. EP is a direct sequel to IS.

Get this, we never got the PS1 version of Innocent Sin in the US, but we got the PSP one.

We got the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment, but not the PSP one.

The PS1 Version of Eternal Punishment is mostly fine, but it has bad translations of some things from Persona 1, meaning our badly translated PS1 version, Revelations: Persona. Instead of Maki you get Mary, instead of Kei you get Nate, instead of Mikage Cho, you get Lunarville.

Yes, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. EP is a direct sequel to IS.

Get this, we never got the PS1 version of Innocent Sin in the US, but we got the PSP one.

We got the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment, but not the PSP one.

The PS1 Version of Eternal Punishment is mostly fine, but it has bad translations of some things from Persona 1, meaning our badly translated PS1 version, Revelations: Persona. Instead of Maki you get Mary, instead of Kei you get Nate, instead of Mikage Cho, you get Lunarville.

I've always found that incredibly frustrating. I'ts kinda weird that you gotta play IS on PSP then EP on PS1 or PSN. What's up with that.

I've always found that incredibly frustrating. I'ts kinda weird that you gotta play IS on PSP then EP on PS1 or PSN. What's up with that.

Part of me will never get over the fact that my favorite version of Persona and one of my favorite games of all time was just shunned like that RIGHT before we got a port of EVERY SINGLE Persona title on the Sony Handhelds. I will never get over that. On the other hand, beggars cant be choosers, and you can still have a version of every Persona game (RPG at least) on the Vita!

This was a triumph...but only a hollow, empty triumph...

Top Bottom