• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Finished the game with the true ending and epilogue.

I think this game might have supplanted SM64 as my favorite game ever.

Took long enough for another game to do that.

Moonlight

Banned
Neato thing time:

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko5_500.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko1_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko2_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko3_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko8_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko4_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko7_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko6_250.gif
P4's is easily the greatest. Those silhouettes, man. That's not even talking about the awesome as hell start screen, with the transparent silhouette of Yu running on top of the Yasogami High hallway.

I feel even more jipped that EP PSP never happened here.

EMT0

Banned
Finished the game with the true ending and epilogue.

I think this game might have supplanted SM64 as my favorite game ever.

Took long enough for another game to do that.

Welcome to the club, because you're not the first to think that lol. The Persona Team is composed of wizards; I still don't understand how Persona 4 came together so well.

Shadow Sayoko:
SBRvvxK.png

Sayoko Uehara—took me a bit to figure out what her central shadow problem could be and wound up on losing your purpose in life and filling this void with sloth and sexual dalliance. It… uh, took me a while to figure out a depiction that wasn’t overtly sexually graphic.

But yes, she’s hollow, like the void in her life—the lingerie (representing the sex) can’t cover this void. And she has a hole in her face because I thought it looked cool and really felt like hitting you over the head with the “void” thing. And she’s got her nurse hat on because how else would you know it was Sayoko?

Neato thing time:

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko5_500.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko1_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko2_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko3_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko8_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko4_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko7_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko6_250.gif

After looking at all these start screens, I'm liking Golden's the best. Must be the various colored "Persona 4"s that assault the screen prior to the actual logo. It just looks really cool and energetic. The original P4 title screen was so boring to me. The yellow and white silhouettes just don't mesh well with the already bright hallway's color scheme. Though the black borders and logo are a nice contrast.

Lunar15

Call me nostalgic, but Golden's menu is pretty terrible compared to the original P4 menu. The original fits with the music better. People running around with colors everywhere doesn't quite fit the slow, piano rendition of Never More.

I think the original better portrays what the game's all about.

I like Shadow World and the gooftastic dancing intro though. Not as much as the original, but I still like it.

Call me nostalgic, but Golden's menu is pretty terrible compared to the original P4 menu. The original fits with the music better. People running around with colors everywhere doesn't quite fit the slow, piano rendition of Never More.

I like Shadow World and the gooftastic dancing intro though. Not as much as the original, but I still like it.

I actually never heard the music with Golden's screen, though I see what you mean. My copy is still, and will be till I get a Vita, sealed. I just never liked P4s start screen since the yellow/white silhouettes on lighter colors just looks blahhh. Maybe if everyone's silhouette was the color they usually represent I would be happier with it, but oh well. To each their own.

Gazoinks

I like Golden's intro and menu, but I think OG P4's suits the feel of the game better. It's still bright, but it's also more atmospheric. Golden's sure does like nice on the OLED though.

Acid08

Banned
I don't like the song in P3P's intro much but the intro itself and the title screen are top notch. It's the opposite for P1P, love the song but the intro is nonsense and the title screen is boring.

I like both P4 and P4G's intro and titles screens. Pursuing My True Self is a billion times better than Shadow World though.

Lunar15

I actually never heard the music with Golden's screen, though I see what you mean. My copy is still, and will be till I get a Vita, sealed. I just never liked P4s start screen since the yellow/white silhouettes on lighter colors just looks blahhh. Maybe if everyone's silhouette was the color they usually represent I would be happier with it, but oh well. To each their own.

P4, at least to me, has a hazy, foggy nostalgic feeling, like a summer day. I think this was intentional. Yellow is a nostalgic color, and there's all the haze and fog in the game. I think the point is that it is supposed to be hard to see, the only real clear things are the white tint of the glasses.

P4, at least to me, has a hazy, foggy nostalgic feeling. I think this was intentional. Yellow is a nostalgic color, and there's all the haze and fog in the game. I think the point is that it is supposed to be hard to see, the only real clear things are the white tint of the glasses.

When you put it that way, the original P4 title screen takes on a new meaning and becomes a lot cooler. I've never thought of yellow as a nostalgic color till now, though that totally makes more sense. Yellow is a very warm, bright color, and evokes fuzzy happy memories of hanging out with friends in high school. I've gained a new appreciation for it, thank you!

CorvoSol

I'ma call you nostalgic then. Cuz the original one looks kinda lame to me and I don't see why y'all're so into it.

Lunar15

I'ma call you nostalgic then. Cuz the original one looks kinda lame to me and I don't see why y'all're so into it.

It's a music thing. Just fits better, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbvBB2Rjdg

Plus, I always liked that big cutout of one of the characters running in slow motion that showed up after you pressed start.

I do like the rainbow approach of P4G's however. It fits the theme they're going for there, just not the music.

Acid08

Banned
It's definitely not lame. It's just not super colorful fan service. Both are good but the original title screen fits the game like a glove. It's perfect imo.

That's how I felt about it till Lunar15 helped me gain a better appreciation for its subtly. I still like Golden's IN-YO-FACE-ness better. Honestly, I think all Persona start screens are kinda ehhh. At least Golden's is flashy, guess that appeals to me.

Final Fantasy 7 is the still king of start screens in my opinion.

I wonder what P5's will look like.

Edit:

YEAH

Put on me on team #P4G menu

I like you guys. Great taste.

q19B9.gif

Lunar15

When you put it that way, the original P4 title screen takes on a new meaning and becomes a lot cooler. I've never thought of yellow as a nostalgic color till now, though that totally makes more sense. Yellow is a very warm, bright color, and evokes fuzzy happy memories of hanging out with friends in high school. I've gained a new appreciation for it, thank you!

No, you're not getting this whole forum thing. You're supposed to continue to argue against my inferior opinion, take a glance at my avatar, and then make some snide comment about how Rise was probably the worst character in Persona. We then continue to argue for several pages, get nowhere, and end up with a bitter resentment towards each other. We go on distrusting each other's opinions until we ally upon the introduction of a third, shared foe with an even more inferior opinion.

Stop all this understanding crap.

CorvoSol

No, you're not getting this whole forum thing. You're supposed to continue to argue against my inferior opinion, take a glance at my avatar, and then make some snide comment about how Rise was probably the worst character in Persona. We then continue to argue for several pages, get nowhere, and end up with a bitter resentment towards each other. We go on distrusting each other's opinions until allied the introduction of a third, shared foe with an even more inferior opinion.

Rise is the best though.

Honestly guys they're just start screens. Like if this is what we're all arguing about . . .

No, you're not getting this whole forum thing. You're supposed to continue to argue against my inferior opinion, take a glance at my avatar, and then make some snide comment about how Rise was probably the worst character in Persona. We then continue to argue for several pages, get nowhere, and end up with a bitter resentment towards each other. We go on distrusting each other's opinions until allied the introduction of a third, shared foe with an even more inferior opinion.

Lol, but today I learned about the complex subtly of the original Persona 4 start screen. Why fight, when we can love.

Also, Rise is the best character in Persona.

Discuss.

Lunar15

Rise is the best though.

Honestly guys they're just start screens. Like if this is what we're all arguing about . . .

I wouldn't call this arguing. This is light, playful banter.

Start saying agidyne is the best dyne, though, and you've got a fucking argument.

CorvoSol

Start saying agidyne is the best dyne, though, and you've got a fucking argument.

Fire is the best element.

Fire will always be the best element.

Because nobody in their right mind ever says "Kill it with water."

PK Gaming

Yeah, because if you don't think that Ziodyne is the best dyne than get the fuck out of my life

Shadow Sayoko:
SBRvvxK.png

Sayoko Uehara—took me a bit to figure out what her central shadow problem could be and wound up on losing your purpose in life and filling this void with sloth and sexual dalliance. It… uh, took me a while to figure out a depiction that wasn’t overtly sexually graphic.

But yes, she’s hollow, like the void in her life—the lingerie (representing the sex) can’t cover this void. And she has a hole in her face because I thought it looked cool and really felt like hitting you over the head with the “void” thing.

Nice

You hit the nail on the head for that one, i'd say.
And she’s got her nurse hat on because how else would you know it was Sayoko?
Haha

Top Bottom