• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Fortunately for me, nobody has ever said anything too weird about any of my drawings. Most of the time it's just "So cute!". Which whilst I can't say that I'm fond of, is at least inoffensive.

Completely reasonable demands, as always.

I'd be satisfied if just one of those frosts made it in :(

CorvoSol

I don't know a thing about P3P, but the dateable girl S.Links for the guy feel pretty skeezy. And I really don't care for how there is no way to not date them but the game still punishes you for dating more than one. It's like... well what the hell do you want me to do?

The game seems hellbent on reminding the poor guy.

Perfection, it's only missing one thing.

I hate you.

beb.gif

arue

Shadow Sayoko:
SBRvvxK.png

Sayoko Uehara—took me a bit to figure out what her central shadow problem could be and wound up on losing your purpose in life and filling this void with sloth and sexual dalliance. It… uh, took me a while to figure out a depiction that wasn’t overtly sexually graphic.

But yes, she’s hollow, like the void in her life—the lingerie (representing the sex) can’t cover this void. And she has a hole in her face because I thought it looked cool and really felt like hitting you over the head with the “void” thing. And she’s got her nurse hat on because how else would you know it was Sayoko?

This is really nice. I like how you incorporate each character's personality and troubles on all of your shadow designs.

Caladrius

Poor Ken will now become even more unpopular.
Is that even possible?

Of course not.

I have failed.

I've come to the conclusion that if it's a picture of an anime girl, it will be considered cute.

You clearly haven't seen enough anime characters barfing.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Jacks

When's Jack Kirby?

Gazoinks

How similar does this all sound to Etrian Odyssey? I've never played any of them, so I wouldn't know.

At others have mentioned above, EO has a very traditional classic RPG feel to its combat. The interestingness in its battle system mainly comes from the high difficulty, which forces you to be very tactical with the relatively simple tools it gives you. I'm guessing PQ will be several steps down in difficulty than mainline EO. I really am pleased that they're not just cloning EO gameplay wholesale.

CorvoSol

How much effect do moon phases have in P3? Like, I know a Full Moon is a big deal, but is it like weather in P3 where it means nothing until it rains and fucks you over?

Soma

There's also certain attacks that get damage boosts during certain moon phases but I never utilized them well enough to remember them making a big difference in my progress.

CorvoSol

Also what is a good way to boost courage? Cuz Charm I can boost at Chagall and Academics I can boost by studying, but how do I boost Courage?

I'm fairly certain that fusions have a much greater chance of creating a Persona with the ability to produce an item on nights on which there are Half and New Moons. Don't quote me on that, though.

CorvoSol

Since the game has forced my hand, my operative rule for Male MC playthrough is as follows:

Makoto is a jerk. Unless he thinks he can score with you. Then he isn't. Game gonna shove singleness down my throat, I'm gonna go primal. Makoto has to edge out Akihiko and Junpei so there is no competition. Kenji can be treated like crap because Kenji's an idiot. Tadeyoshi can be treated like the scummy narc he is.

Meanwhile FeMC can be for the quirky, perky decisions.

PK Gaming

Since the game has forced my hand, my operative rule for Male MC playthrough is as follows:

Makoto is a jerk. Unless he thinks he can score with you. Then he isn't. Game gonna shove singleness down my throat, I'm gonna go primal. Makoto has to edge out Akihiko and Junpei so there is no competition. Kenji can be treated like crap because Kenji's an idiot. Tadeyoshi can be treated like the scummy narc he is.

Haha, your persona for Makoto is pretty similar to mine.

Gazoinks

I kind of played Makoto like he is in the movie. Starts off dickish and disconnected but ends up becoming a decent person.

FeMC I've been playing as basically a total normal girl thrown into this situation and overwhelmed by it all. Her dialog options can support that, and it feels more appropriate than being peppy all the time.

CorvoSol

Haha, your persona for Makoto is pretty similar to mine.

What can I say? Great minds and all. Mostly I'm making him a jerk because I couldn't bring myself to do that in P4.

I kind of played Makoto like he is in the movie. Starts off dickish and disconnected but ends up becoming a decent person.

FeMC I've been playing as basically a total normal girl thrown into this situation and overwhelmed by it all. Her dialog options can support that, and it feels more appropriate than being peppy all the time.

I haven't seen the movie yet.

This is really nice. I like how you incorporate each character's personality and troubles on all of your shadow designs.
Thanks. I haven't had the opportunity to comment on your art, but I like it. It's very fun and playful, a kind of style that I've always had a few ideas for but never felt confident enough to try.

CorvoSol

I don't think any of us have, no English release yet. :p But reviews have described him as basically starting off really disconnected, apathetic, and afraid of commitment because of his parents' death.

Because I am pretending both storylines are in tandem, I like to assume that Makoto and Clara's parents either knew one another or were also victims of the same accident.

Anyway, Margaret just sang a song in P4 TA. It was odd. And she mentioned that her sister sang it. I assume Elizabeth is Margaret's sister, and judging from some of what Margaret says near the end of P4, I feel that Margaret was pretty close to her.

How does Theo fit in this?

Meia

This looks like one of Katsura Tono's pictures. He's done looooooads.

I don't recognise the specific image but it looks exactly like his stuff. He's an amazing artist, but Naoto's expression is kind of bizarre in this one.

She has an expression of being *extremely* uncomfortable. If she had joined the cast way earlier and went to the summer festival, I can easily see her like that if Rise had forced her into a kimono somehow(and she probably would have).

CorvoSol

She has an expression of being *extremely* uncomfortable. If she had joined the cast way earlier and went to the summer festival, I can easily see her like that if Rise had forced her into a kimono somehow(and she probably would have).

On this subject, are we to take
Naoto's outfit in Golden's ending
to mean she's eased away from this?

Dantis

On this subject, are we to take
Naoto's outfit in Golden's ending
to mean she's eased away from this?

Seemingly.

Like I've mentioned before (Golden epilogue spoiler)
her outfits get progressively more androgynous in the mid winter section and ski trip, until the epilogue where she's dressing as a girl.

Has interesting implications for Dancing All Night, also.

Squire

Banned
Man I wish we knew more about Dancing. Game looks crazy dumb but I'm secretly really excited for it.

I think that's how a lot of people feel, for whatever reason. I'm just excited for it, period.

It's video games, guys. Not all of it needs to be taken seriously.

Gazoinks

Man I wish we knew more about Dancing. Game looks crazy dumb but I'm secretly really excited for it.

All I know is that idol Kanji is probably going to be the best thing. Disappointed it seems like it's P4-only though. Need some funky Burning Lasagna beats.

Burning Lasagna would be a good name for a Persona tribute band.

Squire

Banned
All I know is that idol Kanji is probably going to be the best thing. Disappointed it seems like it's P4-only though. Need some funky Burning Lasagna beats.

Burning Lasagna would be a good name for a Persona tribute band.

P3 cast could be involved. They still haven't said much at all yet. We know from Arena that the "4" in the title doesn't indicate anything one way or another.

Gazoinks

P3 cast could be involved. They still haven't said much at all yet. We know from Arena that the "4" in the title doesn't indicate anything one way or another.

Good point, fingers crossed.

Anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to P4D. I love the Persona soundtracks and I like rhythm games, so it'll be good fun. I hope they make it as silly as possible.

Speaking of Persona music, was Persona Live Band the only live CD they released? Want more. D:

Top Bottom