• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

Alternatively:

tumblr_mzvm09v9Ll1rsxhrwo1_500.jpg

In her defense, she doesn't learn Mediarama :p

Kazzy

The more I see just how prevalent the marin karin memes are, the more I think that people really didn't command the AI very well. It rarely happened, and even then, it was only ever at the beginning of the game (when you range of commands/skills were limited).

ramyeon

The more I see just how prevalent the marin karin memes are, the more I think that people really didn't command the AI very well. It rarely happened, and even then, it was only ever at the beginning of the game (when you range of commands/skills were limited).
Yeah I never really had an issue with the AI in Persona 3. Setting the right commands almost always got me the results I wanted. I never knew it was even an issue till I started reading about it online.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I never really had an issue with the AI in Persona 3. Setting the right commands almost always got me the results I wanted. I never knew it was even an issue till I started reading about it online.

Same here. Maybe people who had trouble with it just sucked at giving out commands.

Yup, I never had a problem, people just don't take the time to set up commands via Tactics. Though they do have the time to make Marin Karin related joke comics.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I always thought it was a gross exaggeration of it.

Caladrius

I accept no degree of control less than ordering all of my Ice users by hand and using Bufudyne on the same ice-immune enemy.

Actually saw a Persona fan IRL today at my college. Was really weird. I was just sitting in class when I saw this dude come in with a Persona 4 sachel handbag (I didn't even know those existed over here.) Had Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko doing a "YEAH!" pose.

I dunno, it's just weird to think about how small Persona was over here years ago, and how much bigger it's gotten since then.

Any of you guys ever met/seen a fan irl?

Actually saw a Persona fan IRL today at my college. Was really weird. I was just sitting in class when I saw this dude come in with a Persona 4 sachel handbag (I didn't even know those existed over here.) Had Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko doing a "YEAH!" pose.

I dunno, it's just weird to think about how small Persona was over here years ago, and how much bigger it's gotten since then.

Any of you guys ever met/seen a fan irl?

Did you go up to him and ask him if he was a true man for seeking the Guardian over love?

I always had AI problems with Mitsuru whether it was Marin Karin or in the later levels Mind Charging in situations where it's completely unnecessary, or for some reason refusing to use ma- spells

I always had AI problems with Mitsuru whether it was Marin Karin or in the later levels Mind Charging in situations where it's completely unnecessary, or for some reason refusing to use ma- spells

I used to love it when Mitsuru would use Mind Charge at completely inappropriate times. She does not fuck around. That's why I was rarely bothered by the AI in P3; it gave the characters well... character. I mean, I didn't hesitate to use Direct Command in P3P or P4G, but occasionally I do miss the Imperious Queen throwing Marin Karin at a boss... :)

Did you go up to him and ask him if he was a true man for seeking the Guardian over love?

I thought about going over and asking him what he thought of Persona, but then fears of him saying stuff like "Oh Persona 3 & 4 is garbage, Arena is the best one, Ayane is my waifu." so I just sat back and hoped Senpai wouldn't notice me.

I'll try and talk to him Wednesday, it'd be cool to have a Persona fan-friend irl.

I thought about going over and asking him what he thought of Persona, but then fears of him saying stuff like "Oh Persona 3 & 4 is garbage, Arena is the best one, Ayane is my waifu." so I just sat back and hoped Senpai wouldn't notice me.

I'll try and talk to him Wednesday, it'd be cool to have a Persona fan-friend irl.

What if he's a GAFfer

Too much risk just never talk to anyone again.

FluxWaveZ

What if he's a GAFfer

Too much risk just never talk to anyone again.

Now that's a plan.

Edit: I'd like to have a translation on [PERSONA 4 SPOILERS]. Kinda frustrating when there are P4A2 story details actually out there like those win quotes and the only barrier to ignorance is the language. Would love to know what Elizabeth actually does in her story mode.

Edit 2: Oh man, the final countdown for that reveal event was so good.

^Not who hes talking about, Bukimi and Hanako

Those two toilet demons in P1 are still the bane of my existence all these years past Revelations Persona

Kazzy

I always thought it was a gross exaggeration of it.

Perhaps, but I've seen a lot of people list it as a genuine reason as to why they won't play the game. The gameplay accounts for it though, as evidenced by how laughably easy everything is once P3P grants you full control of your party.

Meia

Oh, is THAT how you're playing it now? :p

First time I played P1 a few years ago, I was doing fine til the high school and that demon made me just put it down until I went through it last year. Mudoon being party wide, and either outright killing someone or doing a LOT of stacking damage, and that being a demon in the like 3rd dungeon? Oh hell nah.

Also, you can't have 5 party members in combat.

I was about to say.

tumblr_mzkhp3Oy2p1qgosqxo3_500.png

Can green lipstick Chie be a thing?!

Full image here

I'll allow it!

That Kanji is an avatar waiting to happen, too.

I used to love it when Mitsuru would use Mind Charge at completely inappropriate times. She does not fuck around. That's why I was rarely bothered by the AI in P3; it gave the characters well... character. I mean, I didn't hesitate to use Direct Command in P3P or P4G, but occasionally I do miss the Imperious Queen throwing Marin Karin at a boss... :)

She wasn't a dumbass, though. That's the thing.

If you could only toggle off moves ala Star Ocean/Tales, I would have much less problems.

EMT0

Banned
All y'all Personagaffers need a change of pace!

Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/3877168f5208fc50d63d3841a18dde56/tumblr_n0347zpwgH1qazyx4o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/0c0ba8eb6a49f0129edbc4c6ca069ccc/tumblr_n030k7zCKm1qkppf6o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/84bc008649b9ebf7b6870c017d450d11/tumblr_n01tg39TuY1tpr2nno1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/d0effe42ab99900051a96e8cdf6ce007/tumblr_mzx6phFUXN1rpsmato1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/6527f2b3ce43ba12e855f170c3a70438/tumblr_mzlab3jHrq1rpsmato1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tumblr. And the best part, if the rest of the Persona 3 cast made it into Arena with matching hilarious tags. Spoilers yo

Too much talk, not enough silly pictures

CorvoSol

All y'all Personagaffers need a change of pace!

Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/3877168f5208fc50d63d3841a18dde56/tumblr_n0347zpwgH1qazyx4o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/0c0ba8eb6a49f0129edbc4c6ca069ccc/tumblr_n030k7zCKm1qkppf6o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/84bc008649b9ebf7b6870c017d450d11/tumblr_n01tg39TuY1tpr2nno1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

And the best part, if the rest of the Persona 3 cast made it into Arena with matching hilarious tags. Spoilers yo

Too much talk, not enough silly pictures

You know, I never considered it before, but, uh, what the Hell ARE Margaret and Elizabeth? Like I figure Igor is some manner of God or being in service to a God, but what are Margaret and Elizabeth? They have yellow eyes, so I'm guessing they're shadows, but then again
Teddie does not have Yellow eyes and IS a Shadow
, and there's that stuff Margaret said about the similarity between herself and
Marie
, so I dunno.

Are they dead? Cuz I could see the Velvet Room being some limbo realm between Heaven and Hell.

Gazoinks

You know, I never considered it before, but, uh, what the Hell ARE Margaret and Elizabeth? Like I figure Igor is some manner of God or being in service to a God, but what are Margaret and Elizabeth? They have yellow eyes, so I'm guessing they're shadows, but then again
Teddie does not have Yellow eyes and IS a Shadow
, and there's that stuff Margaret said about the similarity between herself and
Marie
, so I dunno.

Are they dead? Cuz I could see the Velvet Room being some limbo realm between Heaven and Hell.

Well, Igor is a... guy. Or something. Created by Philemon. Which is only mentioned in the first two games, because Philemon isn't in 3&4. Marge and Elizabeth I believe are stated to have been created Igor, aren't they?

Snakeyes

Well, Igor is a... guy. Or something. Created by Philemon. Which is only mentioned in the first two games, because Philemon isn't in 3&4. Marge and Elizabeth I believe are stated to have been created Igor, aren't they?

Aren't they
manifestations of the protag's psyche
?

King Fost

Neo Member
Igor isn't. In P1&2 the entire party can enter the Velvet Room. Of course, that's not necessarily that relevant for discussions on 3&4 canon stuff. :p

Not necessarily.
Arena does seem to try to connect P3/4 to P2 continuity closely. I mean the shadows there are almost exactly the same in function and in combat so...

Also I want the old Velvet Room residents to return. Maybe they can handle different gameplay functions in there?

FluxWaveZ

Igor isn't. In P1&2 the entire party can enter the Velvet Room. Of course, that's not necessarily that relevant for discussions on 3&4 canon stuff. :p

The P3 party visit the Velvet Room in The Answer, as well (which is why some of them recognize Elizabeth in P4A.

Top Bottom