• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

Not necessarily.
Arena does seem to try to connect P3/4 to P2 continuity closely. I mean the shadows there are almost exactly the same in function and in combat so...

Also I want the old Velvet Room residents to return. Maybe they can handle different gameplay functions in there?

That's true,
I'd forgotten about Arena.

Yeah, the old attendants were cool. Nameless & Belladonna especially. I wonder how Igor lost his bone phone. :p

PK Gaming

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o1_250.jpg
tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o2_250.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o6_500.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o3_250.jpg
tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o4_250.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o7_500.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o5_250.jpg
tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o8_250.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o9_500.jpg

tumblr_mx4y8eZBe81spdy36o10_500.jpg

Caladrius

Did someone say sexy Kanji?

It was hard to actually get good pictures so I had to lump some of the characters in with one another. Yosuke, Teddie, Kanji and Naoto were the only ones that didn't look chopped up when I tried to crop them. Chie and Yukiko are basically glued together (as they should be), so I didn't try and separate them because basically all you'd be left with is the head.

apm5.png
38za.png
zx1v.png
au96.png
ln00.png
jqau.png
3yh7.png
lhki.png
x2oe.png
gm3s.png
zkts.png

The two best Persona characters, together at last!

Double the bro, double the cool.

The famous rooftop scene, dramatized.

A man and his Raggedy Ann doll. Call Spike Jonze; there's a movie in there somewhere.

Whatever happened to being the best crossdresser, Junpei?

A couple of goofs being goofs.

It's summertime, and you know what that means~

The perspective is a bit off, but meh; it's a cool picture.

P3's best costume.

No comment.

BONUS ROUND: The dummied-out Junpei ending of P3P (spoilers, obv.)

PK Gaming

Haha, these are cute. Who's the artist?

Aw yeah. Grabbing dis one.

http://yosukesheadphones.tumblr.com

The artist is a really cool gal. One of the first people I ever followed on tumblr.

It was hard to actually get good pictures so I had to lump some of the characters in with one another. Yosuke, Teddie, Kanji and Naoto were the only ones that didn't look chopped up when I tried to crop them. Chie and Yukiko are basically glued together (as they should be), so I didn't try and separate them because basically all you'd be left with is the head.

apm5.png
38za.png
zx1v.png
au96.png
ln00.png
jqau.png
3yh7.png
lhki.png
x2oe.png
gm3s.png
zkts.png
Aces

Stealing these for future use ♪

Junpei is the realest bro. He can sometimes be a jerk and say some mean things but he's gone through some tough shit. You can't help but understand him, man.

Caladrius

Ah, well sounds like I have to get back to P1 and 2 eventually.

A lot of the series' mythology and concepts are established in the earlier games (and tragically missing from P3 and P4 for the most part, most likely in the interest of making self-contained stories, which I get) Arena features quite a few callbacks to them. And the reaper seems to be modeled after a character from P2: Eternal Punishment.

FluxWaveZ

Junpei is the realest bro. He can sometimes be a jerk and say some mean things but he's gone through some tough shit. You can't help but understand him, man.

I'd say him being a jerk was before he truly went through some tough times. He's one of the most level-headed characters in The Answer because of what he's been through.

This pic's neat:

This one too:

One of my favorites is probably this one (Persona 4 Spoilers).

I'd say him being a jerk was before he truly went through some tough times. He's one of the most level-headed characters in The Answer because of what he's been through.

His dad emotionally and physically abused him regularly when he lived at home. If you don't consider those tough times, then I dunno what to say.

FluxWaveZ

His dad emotionally and physically abused him regularly when he lived at home. If you don't consider those tough times, then I dunno what to say.

That's not what I said.

If you don't think losing Chidori and two of his best friends while risking his life constantly over the course of a few months aren't tough times, "then I dunno what to say."

PK Gaming

tumblr_mzr1onhkyO1spdy36o3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzr1onhkyO1spdy36o1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzr1onhkyO1spdy36o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mze758U1xm1spdy36o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mze758U1xm1spdy36o2_500.jpg

Her art is too damn good

She also does the "character art dump thing" a lot better than I do...

And her assessment and understanding of the game is far better...

She's definitely a bigger Yosuke fan too...

OTL

That's not what I said.

If you don't think losing Chidori and two of his best friends while risking his life constantly over the course of a few months aren't tough times, "then I dunno what to say."

I misunderstood your meaning. I thought you were trying to say that he was just a jerk for no reason before he underwent character development.

Musolf815

x2oe.png

Takin' this one, thanks!

EMT0

Banned

This pic's neat:

This one too:

One of my favorites is probably this one (Persona 4 Spoilers).

I have no idea where Kanji starts and Rise ends on that second pic

King Fost

Neo Member

Yeah, Junpei's one of the few characters in P3 who I actually cared about and its because he's somewhat likeable and does genuinely seem to grow as a character; he does so the most organically to and the only real strike I have against him is that godawful relationship with Chidori. But yeah other than that, awesome character.

I would have some hope if not for the PG-13 rating.

The rating looks to be the least of its problems, but it does raise some serious issues.

PG-13 = No awesome Murphy death scene (his new one looks so lame and unspectacular), no corporate mook getting mulched by the ED-209, and no baddies getting shot in the junk or dissolved in acid. Essentially, the original's most iconic scenes will either be neutered or omitted entirely.

The casting is an issue, too. The new Murphy looks so generic and dull, and judging by the trailers, his acting skills match his appearance. Sam Jackson and Gary Oldman are the only two casting choices that really appeal to me, and only because I already love those two actors.

Jesus, I just hope the movie's watchable so I can turn off my brain and have a fun popcorn flick. I feel like it's going to be incredibly disappointing no matter what :/

I would have some hope if not for the PG-13 rating.

All my hopes went down the drain when I saw PG-13 on the trailers. The only Robocop I care about now will be that first one.

I still love those last lines:

"Nice shooting, son. What's your name?"
[smiles slightly] "Murphy."
ROBOCOP (pretty sure it was title card after that)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The rating looks to be the least of its problems, but it does raise some serious issues.

PG-13 = No awesome Murphy death scene (his new one looks so lame and unspectacular), no corporate mook getting mulched by the ED-209, and no baddies getting shot in the junk or dissolved in acid. Essentially, the original's most iconic scenes will either be neutered or omitted entirely.

The casting is an issue, too. The new Murphy looks so generic and dull, and judging by the trailers, his acting skills match his appearance. Sam Jackson and Gary Oldman are the only two casting choices that really appeal to me, and only because I already love those two actors.

Jesus, I just hope the movie's watchable so I can turn off my brain and have a fun popcorn flick. I feel like it's going to be incredibly disappointing no matter what :/

Not to mention, it probably won't have the social commentary in it either.

I"

Edikichi....Tatsuya....what did you do this time

I'm guessing that's Eikichi's father's restaurant?

Top Bottom