• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Zebetite

Banned
Also Mr. Edogawa is my favorite teacher because he physically lacks eyeballs and because all he ever talks about is magic. What is he even supposed to be teaching?

Don't know if you know this already from your Persona 4 adventures, but when the P4 cast goes on the class trip to visit Gekkoukan, it's Edogawa who gives you a guest lecture on the creation myths of Japan (Izanagi and Izanami, etc.) He can be worth paying attention to sometimes.

CorvoSol

Don't know if you know this already from your Persona 4 adventures, but when the P4 cast goes on the class trip to visit Gekkoukan, it's Edogawa who gives you a guest lecture on the creation myths of Japan (Izanagi and Izanami, etc.) He can be worth paying attention to sometimes.

Yeah I try not to skip through his lectures because his one in P4 was significant to the plot.

Acid08

Banned
Of all the P3 party members I have so far, Junpei's Persona is my favorite. Akihiko's is the worst.

In the P3 Design Works Soejima said that Junpei's Persona was originally going to be for someone else(MC I think) because it looked to cool to belong to Junpei :lol

Edogawa's insanity kind of surprised me coming from 4. He seemed off, but in P3 after giving me a crazy potion he claims "Saturn is calling." How does this man still have a job in what is presumably some fancy, high class private school?

Gazoinks

Edogawa's insanity kind of surprised me coming from 4. He seemed off, but in P3 after giving me a crazy potion he claims "Saturn is calling." How does this man still have a job in what is presumably some fancy, high class private school?

How does any teacher in Persona 3 & 4 keep their job? They're all insane!

Acid08

Banned

That P4 teacher has a fucking puppet of himself. A PUPPET OF HIMSELF.

Sophia

Because he's always right.

How does any teacher in Persona 3 & 4 keep their job? They're all insane!
Gekkoukan's faculty isn't as full-blown terrible as Yasogami's is, and Yasogami at least has the excuse that it's a small public school in the middle of nowhere. Not that that really excuses Yasogami's faculty, because they were insane. Edogawa's more like the odd man out at his school in comparison.

Gazoinks

Gekkoukan's faculty isn't as full-blown terrible as Yasogami's is, and Yasogami at least has the excuse that it's a small public school in the middle of nowhere. Not that that really excuses Yasogami's faculty, because they were insane. Edogawa's more like the odd man out at his school in comparison.

I don't know, there's that guy at Gekkou who's like "History is boring! Time for samurai!" Maybe not as dangerously crazy as Edogawa, but he still probably shouldn't be teaching!

His wife made it!

Herbert_Garrison.png

Talking about teachers in persona why the hell does Mr. Morooka have a job because most of the time all he does is cus and yell with his buck teeth, such a mystery.

hao chi

Actually I don't think he's staring for minutes. I think it's implied that because of how the room itself works, Makoto could spend a day in there fusing and it'd be a few seconds in the real world, tops. Though time itself is kind of fucky when it comes to Persona 3 anyway, as you can spend 9 hours in Tartarus a night, when it's called the dark HOUR.

Yeah, it was said in Arena that just a second or some really small amount of time like that passes in the real world when you're in the Velvet Room.

CorvoSol

In the P3 Design Works Soejima said that Junpei's Persona was originally going to be for someone else(MC I think) because it looked to cool to belong to Junpei :lol

I can believe it, cuz Hermes looks WAY cooler than Orpheus.

It's balanced out by the depressed woman with the creepy eyes and Mr. Sexual Harassment.

Oh yeah, Mrs. "My Marriage is a Living Hell" and Mr. "DAYUM YUKIKO LEMME SEE DAT ASS GIRL PLZ DON'T TELL YO PAPA OR I'LL BE OUTTA A JOB."

Mr. Hosoi was great though, with his puppet and all.

I wonder if a third helmet/headdress wearing sibling will be introduced in P5...

I'll feel robbed if we don't.

Edogawa is... secretly Philemon
maybe he's devil boy under a new identity

megatennis for wiiu

Y'know, i'm actually getting more upset that Yuzo Koshiro isn't collaborating on Persona Q.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_7UQHIDcA
The guitar solo at :38 could absolutely fit in a persona game. Meguro and this guy need to work together.
i was just now thinking of the yonemitsu version, heh. now i'm reminded of yonemitsu's megami tensei i & ii fusion disc. 8) also Project SATAN what a name

A little late to the P4 vs P3 cast relationships/growth discussion but I kind of hope we get a mix of both games in P5. A little tension rather than the bffs4ever of P4 would be nice. I also really want a mix of character development both from S. links and the main story (like having barriers before S. link access for Mitsuru/Yukari) would be better than the straight P4 S. link development.

Also I want a main/closest-as-possible-to-canon love interest like P3 but since Atlus discovered the power of waifus it's never going to happen :(

Taruranto

Crazy teachers and Persona go hand in hand.

Ok, i got persona 3 FES in playstation 2 sometime ago, played it for around 4 hours and got bored with it , so i thought that maybe he persona series isnt for me , but in gaf i kept reading just how amazing this series is and so on , so i decided to give this another chance , i got persona 4 (i have access to a vita, but the actual owner doesnt really like rpgs , and didnt want to use the limited space of the memory card on p4g) on ps2 , so far im at the first moment where the game allows you to save, but im kind of afraid to get bored again,

So any suggestion as to how should i approach this games ?

koutoru

You'll have even more questions about Mr.Edogawa after you play
P4A.

Other teachers in the Persona timeline have went as far as to attack you.

Mr. Otsuki from SMT IF...

21-ddsif_00100.png

Gazoinks

You'll have even more questions about Mr.Edogawa after you play
P4A.

Other teachers in the Persona timeline have went as far as to attack you.

Mr. Otsuki from SMT IF...

21-ddsif_00100.png

There was never a fan translation of If, right? I'd like to check it out sometime.

It'd be awesome if, along with their ports of Nocturne and DDS to Vita (please please please), Atlus officially localized SMT 1 & 2 and If.

cj_iwakura

There was never a fan translation of If, right? I'd like to check it out sometime.

It'd be awesome if, along with their ports of Nocturne and DDS to Vita (please please please), Atlus officially localized SMT 1 & 2 and If.

Nope, but it's being worked on. If has a very minimal plot, though. You're fighting demons within ten minutes.

CorvoSol

Ok, i got persona 3 FES in playstation 2 sometime ago, played it for around 4 hours and got bored with it , so i thought that maybe he persona series isnt for me , but in gaf i kept reading just how amazing this series is and so on , so i decided to give this another chance , i got persona 4 (i have access to a vita, but the actual owner doesnt really like rpgs , and didnt want to use the limited space of the memory card on p4g) on ps2 , so far im at the first moment where the game allows you to save, but im kind of afraid to get bored again,

Well for starters, bear in mind that like all JRPGs, the first few hours aren't really indicative of how the rest of the game will be.

Meia

The series is known for really strong characters, and a kind of slow to start narrative. The best advice anyone can probably give is give the game a chance to grow on you before tossing it out. P4 is even worse than P3 was in this regard, as you have a good 3-4 hours of exposition at the beginning of the game(including a tutorial dungeon) before you're given any real free time to do what you want. Once that opens up, and provided you like the idea of managing your time(and don't get caught up in "OMG MUST DO EVERYTHING FIRST PLAY THROUGH"), you should have fun with it. :)

cj_iwakura

Also Mr. Edogawa is my favorite teacher because he physically lacks eyeballs and because all he ever talks about is magic. What is he even supposed to be teaching?

Probably mysticism, but how he got a course on that I can only wonder. I assume since he's the nurse, he was subbing, and talking about whatever he felt like.

Dantis

If Persona 5 doesn't get released in the West this year, Tropical Freeze will probably be my GoTY. Completely blown away. Same goes for the OST. Best OST I've heard since Catherine.

cjkeats

There's iOS ports of the GBA versions of ...if and SMT 2 in the North American app store (I swear SMT 1 was there too before) for $14 each. Full english descriptions and everything, but the game is only in Japanese.

Such a missed opportunity for an official localization. Don't see how else they could do it without another port or remake.
EDIT:
Apparently they're very adamant about ignoring them.

CorvoSol

Probably mysticism, but how he got a course on that I can only wonder. I assume since he's the nurse, he was subbing, and talking about whatever he felt like.

I actually figured it was probably Health or Science and he just derailed it. I mean that seems to be the shared problem of faculty in P3: "I don't care about this topic lemme teach you about THIS topic."

cj_iwakura

I actually figured it was probably Health or Science and he just derailed it. I mean that seems to be the shared problem of faculty in P3: "I don't care about this topic lemme teach you about THIS topic."

Well, there's a reason they don't condense his classes, his lessons are all great. I love how he gets into religious beliefs and the truths(or lies) behind them.

CorvoSol

Well, there's a reason they don't condense his classes, his lessons are all great. I love how he gets into religious beliefs and the truths(or lies) behind them.

I dunno, though. I mean, talking about the mistreatment of Witches is one thing, but it was a little weird when he used Christian prayer in specific as a form of refined magical meditation.

cj_iwakura

I dunno, though. I mean, talking about the mistreatment of Witches is one thing, but it was a little weird when he used Christian prayer in specific as a form of refined magical meditation.

From an outsider perspective, Christian prayer is no different than Buddhist meditation or Pagan rites. Potential blasphemy, but that's being objective.

Top Bottom