• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

From an outsider perspective, Christian prayer is no different than Buddhist meditation or Pagan rites. Potential blasphemy, but that's being objective.

Well, it wasn't so much the idea of comparing Prayer to Meditation that caught me off guard. It was the idea of Prayer as magic that did. That said, there is a wizard who is baptized in acts.

Gazoinks

Well, it wasn't so much the idea of comparing Prayer to Meditation that caught me off guard. It was the idea of Prayer as magic that did. That said, there is a wizard who is baptized in acts.

Well, I think Edogawa is describing meditation as a form of magic and prayer as a form of meditation, yes? I haven't played that part in P3 for a while. :p I should check out this lectures in P4G. The TV bonus features are a nice touch.

CorvoSol

Well, I think Edogawa is describing meditation as a form of magic and prayer as a form of meditation, yes? I haven't played that part in P3 for a while. :p I should check out this lectures in P4G. The TV bonus features are a nice touch.

He is, yes, but by extension if meditation is magic and prayer is meditation then prayer is magic. Which kinda threw me for a loop, is all.

The series is known for really strong characters, and a kind of slow to start narrative. The best advice anyone can probably give is give the game a chance to grow on you before tossing it out. P4 is even worse than P3 was in this regard, as you have a good 3-4 hours of exposition at the beginning of the game(including a tutorial dungeon) before you're given any real free time to do what you want. Once that opens up, and provided you like the idea of managing your time(and don't get caught up in "OMG MUST DO EVERYTHING FIRST PLAY THROUGH"), you should have fun with it. :)

Well for starters, bear in mind that like all JRPGs, the first few hours aren't really indicative of how the rest of the game will be.

Thanks for the advice , i think that my problem is that im a fan of the SMT main games, so the combat in persona kinda puts me off .

Necrovex

If Persona 5 doesn't get released in the West this year, Tropical Freeze will probably be my GoTY. Completely blown away. Same goes for the OST. Best OST I've heard since Catherine.

I'm taking my time with Tropical Freeze, partly because the game is whooping my ass! The OST is so bloody good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If Persona 5 doesn't get released in the West this year, Tropical Freeze will probably be my GoTY. Completely blown away. Same goes for the OST. Best OST I've heard since Catherine.

If P5 gets released in the west this year I would be very very VERY surprised.

CorvoSol

Guys can PQ's OT pleaaaaaase have a title about minding your P's and Q's. Cuz I mean I think that's perfect. Persona is all about the mind. So you know. Mind your P(ersona)'s and Q's.

Dantis

Just going to clarify that when I say Tropical Freeze will be my GoTY, I'm obviously basing it on games already announced or released.

Guys can PQ's OT pleaaaaaase have a title about minding your P's and Q's. Cuz I mean I think that's perfect. Persona is all about the mind. So you know. Mind your P(ersona)'s and Q's.

You'll have to ask Volcynika. He's doing the OT.

Donkey Kong is a terrible character and his games are bad.

At least the DKC SNES games are.

Ban this man.

Dantis

Yeah yeah everyone looooooooves those boring and ugly DKC games. I'm used to people being wrong about this.

Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a saviour such as you.

You mean the 3D models mapped onto 2D sprites and tremendous level variety?

For real. DKC2 had a different gimmick on each stage. Some of them were bloody wonderful too.

Likewise, Tropical Freeze does this too.

I prefer Large Marge because her general demeanor makes her funny moments even funnier.
Plus, she was the more forgiving boss -_-;

Theo is the true best Velvet Room attendant, though :p

ajim

I have a question which velvet room attendent do you guy's like better Elizabeth or Margret

It's a tough one, I prefer Elizabeths look (dat sexy short hair and hat), but I really like Margret's personality more, she has the female dominance aura thing going on about her.

But I never really got too involved or crazy about either to be honest.

CorvoSol

I prefer Large Marge because her general demeanor makes her funny moments even funnier. Plus, she was the more forgiving boss -_-;

I like Margaret more than Elizabeth because Margaret was there to snark with me about Marie.

Theo is the best, though.

Dantis

You're kiiiiiiinda crap. :( Best girl, in every respect.

Iwakura's waifu has been discovered.

I prefer Large Marge because her general demeanor makes her funny moments even funnier. P
lus, she was the more forgiving boss -_-;

For whatever reason, I chose Elizabeth rather than Theo on P3P, so I've never actually met him in the game.

I have a question which velvet room attendent do you guy's like better Elizabeth or Margret

I would say that I like Margret more, mostly because of her design. She doesn't have as much personality compared to Elizabeth, but still like her.

Though if you want my favorite person from the Velvet Room it would be this guy

1913975-demon_painter.jpg

Like his design from the first I saw him ingame.

While Margaret's design is really good I though her personality was a little bland compared to Elizabeth who's far superior especially in Arena
That's my opinion tho

Squire

Banned
Gekkoukan's faculty isn't as full-blown terrible as Yasogami's is, and Yasogami at least has the excuse that it's a small public school in the middle of nowhere. Not that that really excuses Yasogami's faculty, because they were insane. Edogawa's more like the odd man out at his school in comparison.

Someone once made an observation that on the UK TV show Skins, the teens (the main cast) are played straight while the adults exist in this sort of hyper reality. I notice a lot of stories about similar subject matter are like that and that makes sense, since I think that's how teens often view their parents and teachers. Persona is no different.

Edit: Margaret is S-rank waifu.

Gazoinks

I would say that I like Margret more, mostly because of her design. She doesn't have as much personality compared to Elizabeth, but still like her.

Though if you want my favorite person from the Velvet Room it would be this guy

1913975-demon_painter.jpg

Like his design from the first I saw him ingame.

Yeah but that doesn't count because it's just Kaneko. :p

Someone once made an observation that on the UK TV show Skins, the teens (the main cast) are played straight while the adults exist in this sort of hyper reality. I notice a lot of stories about similar subject matter are like that and that makes sense, since I think that's how teens often view their parents and teachers. Persona is no different.

I actually came to a similar conclusion while going for a walk a few days ago (god I'm a geek). It's definitely pretty common in "child's eye" stories. Even stuff like Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes, although that's obviously portraying younger kids.

Meia

Thanks for the advice , i think that my problem is that im a fan of the SMT main games, so the combat in persona kinda puts me off .

The "1 More!" system and the push system(or whatever SMT calls it) isn't that much different, it's just that there aren't "sides" in terms of turns, where enemy goes then you go, etc. Both reward hitting weaknesses, though 1 More is inherently easier as it doesn't really punish you for hitting a strength(which it should).

Of course, Persona games are just easier than SMT to begin with much because of that, and Persona 4 is probably the easier of the modern personas(with Persona 4 Golden being the only one even easier). Then again, I always play RPGs for story and characters, and there's a reason why I find myself able to have little difficulty beating a Persona game and have never beaten an SMT one(spoiler: It has nothing to do with difficulty)... :p

CorvoSol

I played so many games last year I don't even know what I'd declare my game of the year.

Like, SM3DW or Fire Emblem Awakening, maybe? MAYBE? Can I declare Persona 4 Golden my game of the year this year? It didn't come out this year, but it rocked my socks off this year.

Top Bottom