• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Necrovex

Yeah, but not normally.

Hmm. I should probably replay VLR at some point

Don't do this to yourself, man. It'll only reopen wounds.

Just wrapped case 1 of dangan ronpa.

mah head asplode. Can't wait to see what this game has in store for me, though i don't know if my heart can take it

Your heart will explode in the later chapters.

I'll probably like it, but not as much as DKC.

That soundtrack. Gonna be so sad if Nintendo don't release it.

This is pretty much the point. That's how much I liked Donkey Kong. It's that good.

DanganRonpa will be on the lower tail of my GOTY list. I can determine that much. I had a fantastic time with the game, but it didn't have the same grip as Ace Attorney or the Zero Escape series. But I am super hype for DR2.

Listening to those DKC beets now, and I wish I could use my Sony Headset to play that bloody game! If anyone knows of a way, TELL ME! I hate not giving my ears the fullest pleasure of listening to Wise's orgasmic tunes. Now I'll have to take my shower in a few minutes and resume the banana high.

Edit: Also, remember Steins;Gate virgin, the translated game is coming out next month. Here's a trailer to enjoy the artstyle and to get your feet wet.

I simply wish they would have spent more to get the English voice actors (yes, yes, I know why my wish is unfeasible for the western market, especially how the company is handling the release).

cj_iwakura

Don't do this to yourself, man. It'll only reopen wounds.

Your heart will explode in the later chapters.

DanganRonpa will be on the lower tail of my GOTY list. I can determine that much. I had a fantastic time with the game, but it didn't have the same grip as Ace Attorney or the Zero Escape series. But I am super hype for DR2.
Listening to those DKC beets now, and I wish I could use my Sony Headset to play that bloody game! If anyone knows of a way, TELL ME! I hate not giving my ears the fullest pleasure of listening to Wise's orgasmic tunes. Now I'll have to take my shower in a few minutes and resume the banana high.

Edit: Also, remember Steins;Gate virgin, the translated game is coming out next month. Here's a trailer to enjoy the artstyle and to get your feet wet.

I simply wish they would have spent a more to get the English voice actors (yes, yes, I know why my wish is unfeasible for the western market, especially how the company is handling the release).

It wouldn't have been 'more', a fully voiced VN would cost a fortune.

Necrovex

It wouldn't have been 'more', a fully voiced VN would cost a fortune.

It's a wish for a reason! It doesn't need to be realistic. Still, seeing Virtue's Last Reward having a nearly full cast of voice acting made me hope nevertheless (even though I never truly expected it of Steins; Gate). If I hadn't already played the VN last year, I would be tossing my money at the screen.

VLR wasn't fully voiced. Steins;Gate is. Every single line spoken by a character is voiced.

I couldn't remember if Okabe's inner thoughts were voiced. Well, that explains why it would already be much more costly than VLR.

"Fortune" doesn't sound right either. Did Virtue's Last Reward's dub cost Aksys a fortune?

I agree with CJ that it would be a significant investment to implement an English dub.

cj_iwakura

I couldn't remember if Okabe's inner thoughts were voiced. Well, that explains why it would already be much more costly than VLR.

I don't think they were, but almost everything else is, and that's more than the MC usually gets. I'm (pleasantly) surprised they let DanganRonpa's get a voice.

Necrovex

Have you preordered it?
I preordered the LE, I hope it will arrive. I'm scared.

Nope. I bought the Japanese version last February and played it with the wonky English translation, which was fine for the most parts. Still having no full-time positions does not grant me the luxury to buy games I have already played (even if I want to support the localization). :-(

You know after watching that persona 3 movie trailer of midsummer night dream Agis character model is superb I mean she looks like a goddess especially when you she her awaken.

CorvoSol

"My name is Yukari Takeba and I have trust issues!"

Or I'm just insanely jealous of Mitsuru's super model good looks and nuclear scientist brains and fabulous wealth and am concocting all this suspicion as a cover for my inability to deal with the fact that I'll never be as good as her.

FluxWaveZ

hZPiMh2.gif

"My name is Yukari Takeba and I have trust issues!"

Or I'm just insanely jealous of Mitsuru's super model good looks and nuclear scientist brains and fabulous wealth and am concocting all this suspicion as a cover for my inability to deal with the fact that I'll never be as good as her.

But she can eat burgers correctly!...and is a much more dynamic and interesting character than Mitsuru ever was in P3! Good thing Mitsuru got more interesting in P4A!

Levito

Banned
We're doing a spoilercast podcast episode where we discuss everything about Danganronpa. It'll be livestreamed here and be available for download on the podcast's website after the fact.

It's all happening tonight at 6PM PST on Smed's twitch channel. Hope to see you there!

CorvoSol

But she can eat burgers correctly!...and is a much more dynamic and interesting character than Mitsuru ever was in P3! Good thing Mitsuru got more interesting in P4A!

If by interesting you mean conniving, petty person. I really hope Yukari gets a taste of her own medicine, soon, because she hasn't been a good friend to like, anyone on the team. She got Junpei beat up and still calls him stupid, and now she's constantly trying to get me to think ill of Mitsuru. Yukari needs to take a freakin' chill pill.

If by interesting you mean conniving, petty person. I really hope Yukari gets a taste of her own medicine, soon, because she hasn't been a good friend to like, anyone on the team. She got Junpei beat up and still calls him stupid, and now she's constantly trying to get me to think ill of Mitsuru. Yukari needs to take a freakin' chill pill.

Oh you haven't beaten it yet. don't worry! You will either love her or completely hate her by the end of the answer! If you are in p3p, YouTube the answer play though when you beat it.

CorvoSol

Oh you haven't beaten it yet. don't worry! You will either love her or completely hate her by the end of the answer! If you are in p3p, YouTube the answer play though when you beat it.

Hopefully by the time I finish P3P it won't be long before I'm home for Summer and can play FES.

Speaking of beating this game, I'm only level 20 and I'm already past floor 60 of Tartarus. Isn't this thing only 100 floors high?

Acid08

Banned
Just keep playing.

CorvoSol

Just keep playing.

No. It's July 1st, so now we have to go back to June and play the month as FeMC.

Speaking of, while it can be repetitive at times, I'm glad I'm doing a simultaneous playthrough because in the Male route no explanation was ever given for Junpei's freak out on that train. In the female one you start the Junpei Social Link like, right after that, so you get more of an idea why he'd do what he did.

No. It's July 1st, so now we have to go back to June and play the month as FeMC.

Speaking of, while it can be repetitive at times, I'm glad I'm doing a simultaneous playthrough because in the Male route no explanation was ever given for Junpei's freak out on that train. In the female one you start the Junpei Social Link like, right after that, so you get more of an idea why he'd do what he did.

Its pretty obvious why Junpei does what he does later on. In fact, I'm pretty sure it becomes clear by the next Full Moon shadow lol.

Squire

Banned
I don't think they were, but almost everything else is, and that's more than the MC usually gets. I'm (pleasantly) surprised they let DanganRonpa's get a voice.

After he was not only voiced, but by Shinji Ikari in Japanese?

NISA probably would've had to, if they didn't want to.

Acid08

Banned
It's says it's from Megami Ibunroku Persona ~Shadow Maze~ the already announced sequel to PQ: Shadow of Labyrinth starring the P1 cast a light novel based on P1.
Searched that and found this cover:

Persona_-_Shadow_Maze_Cover.jpg

Very cool. Doubt it was ever translated but the wiki page says there's a manga and there are some translations. Going to look into that later.

There is a comic but it's... it takes some weird liberties with the story. Which is fine, I guess. At least the events happen in sequential order, as opposed to the P3 comic, where it was like "Yeah let me just draw whatever scenes I feel like drawing, regardless of whether or not the characters featured have even been introduced yet." But on the other hand, the P3 comic actually has decent art, so.

cjkeats

After he was not only voiced, but by Shinji Ikari in Japanese?

NISA probably would've had to, if they didn't want to.
He was. I have a list of who in persona each voice played in both languages for the podcast tonight. There's some other interesting connections too.

Acid08

Banned
There is a comic but it's... it takes some weird liberties with the story. Which is fine, I guess. At least the events happen in sequential order, as opposed to the P3 comic, where it was like "Yeah let me just draw whatever scenes I feel like drawing, regardless of whether or not the characters featured have even been introduced yet." But on the other hand, the P3 comic actually has decent art, so.
Ah well I still want to check it out. I'm surprised there was even anything done with the P1 cast.

Just took a look, the art looks totally fine.

Squire

Banned
He was. I have a list of who in persona each voice played in both languages for the podcast tonight. There's some other interesting connections too.

Oh, it's good you got that! I know they took that casting seriously. That was my point. Makoto has a voice because he has to.

Sophia

I was scrolling through this thread after I woke up, and I thought I saw someone say that was Hiroyuki Sawano was overrated. Clearly I was just imagination things, because nobody could have a bad opinion like that. :O

Random, cool edit:

6UqFxlt.jpg

Shadow Akihiko performing an instant kill huh? I wonder what special quotes they get for their IKs? Cool image to say the least. :O

FluxWaveZ

Shadow Akihiko performing an instant kill huh? I wonder what special quotes they get for their IKs? Cool image to say the least. :O

Nah, it's just a fan edit of normal Akihiko's IK portrait. None of the Shadows so far (excluding whatever SHO turns out to be) has an IK, probably because theirs would have to be handled dramatically different than their normal counterparts.

Sophia

Nah, it's just a fan edit of normal Akihiko's IK portrait. None of the Shadows so far (excluding whatever SHO turns out to be) has an IK, probably because theirs would have to be handled dramatically different than their normal counterparts.

That's sad. Imagine we got an upgrade to the game down the line that gave them all unique instant kills that were twisted messed up versions of their original ones? That'd be awesome!

FluxWaveZ

That's sad. Imagine we got an upgrade to the game down the line that gave them all unique instant kills that were twisted messed up versions of their original ones? That'd be awesome!

That'd be cool. SHO Minazuki's and Shadow Labrys' are probably my favorite IKs in the game because of how grim they look.

Really though, "imagine we got an upgrade to the game down the line" period, heh.

Meia

I still want the shadow IK's to involve them turning into their actual shadow boss selves and doing something. Seeing something like Kanji's in dat art would be awesome.

FluxWaveZ

I still want the shadow IK's to involve them turning into their actual shadow boss selves and doing something. Seeing something like Kanji's in dat art would be awesome.

Teddie's Shadow Boss self is represented when Shadow Teddie uses Nihil Hand, though that's about it.

Top Bottom