• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

I wasn't sure what I'd find under the spoiler tags, and I wasn't disappointed! XD

I could also see:

*Makoto and Akihiko are standing by and staring out of the dorm window. Junpei enters in a huff, walks over and slams money down on the table*

"That's it, I'M OUT!"

Junpei as Kramer is the best idea ever.

"Who's gonna turn down a Chewing Soul? It's spiritual, it's chewy, it's delicious!"

Yeah

Western crossovers are pretty common too

tumblr_n1y1bcqXHZ1qh6ohxo1_500.png
I'd watch it
Persona x Seinfeld
Would also watch
I wasn't sure what I'd find under the spoiler tags, and I wasn't disappointed! XD

I could also see:

*Makoto and Akihiko are standing by and staring out of the dorm window. Junpei enters in a huff, walks over and slams money down on the table*

"That's it, I'M OUT!"
lol, the contest was a great episode

CorvoSol

So is Aigis broken gameplaywise or am I missing something? Even when she doesn't crit girl takes out massive chunks of enemy HP.

Also does P1 protag ever get a weapon?

Zebetite

Banned
I always hear that smed quote as a death cry in a street fighter game.

Persona GAF Arena coming soon to a video game console near you!

So is Aigis broken gameplaywise or am I missing something? Even when she doesn't crit girl takes out massive chunks of enemy HP

Aigis is a very powerful physical attacker/buffer who never gains any sort of elemental attack. If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be that Aigis is more powerful in general to compensate for the fact that she very rarely knocks things down.

But yeah, I'd go as far as to say that Aigis is likely the most useful SEES member overall in battle.

PK Gaming

So is Aigis broken gameplaywise or am I missing something? Even when she doesn't crit girl takes out massive chunks of enemy HP.

Also does P1 protag ever get a weapon?

She aight

Her physical skills are about on par with Junpei's, but her strength is comparatively lower (she decides to put points into Magic for whatever reason despite not learning any offensive spells... -.0-)

Access to every buff skill is her claim to fame.

And yes he does (he uses Swords & Guns)

CorvoSol

Aigis would be the best party member in the game if she didn't share a weakness with Yukari.

This was the one thing that I did notice, haha. That and I wish costumes didn't cost a bazillion yen and were tied to stats in this game. Spent all my savings on fancy bikinis I just know are gonna be outdated before long.

Meia

Yukari's Electric weakness is easily mitigated by fusing the storm bow

(ANY Tower Persona + Fusion bow)

I just fuse a Thor I think it is(may be Odin), make sure it has a present, save it before it gives it, get it(negates electric attacks), and then buy it back to get a second.

Always just kind of stuck with the +10 stat weapons for the characters and left an accessory slot for that kind of avoidance stuff.

Dantis

This was the one thing that I did notice, haha. That and I wish costumes didn't cost a bazillion yen and were tied to stats in this game. Spent all my savings on fancy bikinis I just know are gonna be outdated before long.

LOL.

That's hilarious. I really hope that P5 has costumes right from the off, rather than having to wait for an update like in P3 and P4.

PK Gaming

I just fuse a Thor I think it is(may be Odin), make sure it has a present, save it before it gives it, get it(negates electric attacks), and then buy it back to get a second.

Always just kind of stuck with the +10 stat weapons for the characters and left an accessory slot for that kind of avoidance stuff.

Yeah that's a solid option for the mid-late game.

For what its worth, fusing the storm bow grants Yukari elec immunity really early on, making her the go-to party member for the majority of the game. The only caveat is that you have to gain the void bow, which is a rare drop from golden hands.

CorvoSol

LOL.

That's hilarious. I really hope that P5 has costumes right from the off, rather than having to wait for an update like in P3 and P4.

Like in female route I justify it as girl being just a little too loose with her cash for a new swim suit.

In male route it's bordering on Yosuke bringing the swimsuit with him. "H-hey Mitsuru I got you this new suit of a-armor to wear into T-tartarus and I h-h-hope you like it." "Eh, whatever, it's better than wearing the battle panties."

Also, Mitsuru is so glam she wears high heels when she's in a swim suit.

Meia

Like in female route I justify it as girl being just a little too loose with her cash for a new swim suit.

In male route it's bordering on Yosuke bringing the swimsuit with him. "H-hey Mitsuru I got you this new suit of a-armor to wear into T-tartarus and I h-h-hope you like it." "Eh, whatever, it's better than wearing the battle panties."

Also, Mitsuru is so glam she wears high heels when she's in a swim suit.

Best is picturing Mitsuru being a senior in Yasogami and Yosuke calling her Senpai to start that off, and she DOES it. :p

....these are actually the kinds of things Yosuke dreams about.

^Shit. That's fucking awesome man!

Screw the fusion bow.

>2014
>not using Mary/Maki's Resolve due to nostalgia/sentimental value

Yall r poops

tumblr_mtlevd7qi01sthzylo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfqbk7QBI51ryd2pfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lovxqwO8r51qez5o0o1_1280.jpg

1258031698215549.png

tumblr_mj9ksjqqPW1qfk1a4o1_500.png

Best archer in the Persona series. "Please hit" my ass Yukari, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yo. Maki at least hits multiple foes yo.

I've been wanting to draw personas/demons for a while soo... I went with Asterius.

Higher res.

YES more PersonaGAF artists-- this is truly the greatest GAF community! You really nail both the scale of Asterius and that almost "protective" posturing that he has towards Shadow Labrys. I also really enjoy that mischievous/dangerous expression on her face.

Excellent work! :)

CorvoSol

Best is picturing Mitsuru being a senior in Yasogami and Yosuke calling her Senpai to start that off, and she DOES it. :p

....these are actually the kinds of things Yosuke dreams about.

I kinda hope Yosuke has a fun reaction to meeting Mitsuru in P4A.

FluxWaveZ

Some Elizabeth P4AU arcade win quotes via GameFAQs and this wiki (P3 and P4A spoilers):

"The time of my reunion is soon approaching!"
"Forgive me, but I seem to have gotten somewhat bored. If I proceed up this tower, my reunion with that boy from before should be waiting for me..."

Some Elizabeth P4AU arcade win quotes via GameFAQs and this wiki (P3 and P4A spoilers):

"Forgive me, but I seem to have gotten somewhat bored. If I proceed up this tower, my reunion with that boy from before should be waiting for me..."

Welp. :|

EDIT:

I just want to say that I'll be pretty bummed if they do what I'm assuming is meant by the above spoilers. Yet is is becoming more and more likely that this is exactly what they're planning. :|

Swedesu

*Gasp.

Wait, I don't know how to feel about this : /

Oh you guys are lovable scamps.

Needs more use of anime hating and the word Senpai though

You'll tack a "-senpai" onto the names of every character who tags in for you, kind of like how Deadpool nicknames everyone in MvC3.

There will also need to be tag-team supers like Jintor and I creating a sonic boom with our violins or Dantis, TrueSelf and Shmeeb drowning the opponent in a tsunami of ink. :D

arue

I've been wanting to draw personas/demons for a while soo... I went with Asterius.

Higher res.

Wow this is great! And yay for more artist on PersonaGAF!

I don't really know whether to feel disappointed or happy by this.
My favorite character is about to come back but... I am happy with how P3 ends.
ATLUS better not create another cliffhanger after P4U.

FluxWaveZ

ATLUS better not create another cliffhanger after P4U.

They won't. They've said as much: this is the finale. If there is some kind of cliffhanger, I can almost guarantee that they will not involve any story threads introduced in P4A or concluded in P4AU.

You think Elizabeth is the reason why the tower is there?

Heh, now that'd be a twist. I suppose
there has to be a reason Tartarus is back, and if the TV world's seeping into the real world, it could potentially be someone's "dungeon", whether it was the collective regrets of the P3 team or Elizabeth's. Hard to say.

Still funny how (Persona 4 spoilers)
we have no idea why Adachi wants to get to the top of the tower as well. Maybe it's connected to Liz's goal, in some way.

Meia

Welp. :|

EDIT:

I just want to say that I'll be pretty bummed if they do what I'm assuming is meant by the above spoilers. Yet is is becoming more and more likely that this is exactly what they're planning. :|

It's overall possible, and that this was the direction all along considering her role in P4A, but just because it's what she wants doesn't mean she's going to be able to get it.

P3 SPOILZ

Even if she wants to free him from the Seal, by doing so just by itself it would doom the world, so that can't be what she's after. I mean, I CAN see that's what the ultimate bad is trying to get her to do without her realizing the ultimate outcome of her actions, and it's definitely something it would do(the road to hell IS paved with good intentions after all).

Yes, her goal is to rescue Makoto from his predicament, so the other thing to think about is how far is she going to go. To sacrifice the world would go against his own wishes, which she has to know so it can't be what she's after. Then again she awoke to the Fool Arcana, and over the course of Makoto's journey he awoke to the Universe, so maybe a Fool can take his place...

Of course all this implies that if he's able to free of the Seal he can just live again, which is another leap since there presumably was a Makoto dead body.

You think Elizabeth is the reason why the tower is there?

I think
her being manipulated is a key point in the story.

But it might not be handled in the way you think.

Oh certainly, and I'm willing to wait until Ultimax comes out before I say anything definitively about this. That said, (P3 ending spoilers)
I thought Makoto's death/seal was handled very well, and certainly made the ending of that game so friggin' great. Undoing that for any reason, unless it's a very good one, will be a huge letdown for me. On the other hand, I would very much enjoy it if "Makoto" was brought back but ended up just being the Malevolent Entity impersonating him just to fuck with everyone. That would be awesome, just as a way of further driving what the P3 cast dealt with in the Answer.

Oh certainly, and I'm willing to wait until Ultimax comes out before I say anything definitively about this. That said, (P3 ending spoilers)
I thought Makoto's death/seal was handled very well, and certainly made the ending of that game so friggin' great. Undoing that for any reason, unless it's a very good one, will be a huge letdown for me. On the other hand, I would very much enjoy it if "Makoto" was brought back but ended up just being the Malevolent Entity impersonating him just to fuck with everyone. That would be awesome, just as a way of further driving what the P3 cast dealt with in the Answer.

I agree with this man/woman/awesome editor person

Higher res.
Damn that's great

welp.
It is actually Weedlord420, the Overlord of Kush waiting.
The Dank Hour confirmed

FluxWaveZ

Yeah,
P3's ending was well done and I wouldn't want Elizabeth's quest to diminish it. Seeing how they were teasing Liz's goal even back in Persona 4 and potentially in FES, maybe the writing team have been building up a plan that won't be nonsense, and P4A was the excellent venue to execute it.

Top Bottom