• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

Finished Chihiro's S.Link just so I wouldn't have to worry about her S.Link anymore. Was kind of funny that Chihiro freaked out so much at the idea of the main character and Mitsuru being alone in a room together considering they live in the same building (along with two other girls their age). Did he just like... neglect to tell her that?

Finished Tanaka's as well, pretty disappointed with it all around. One of the few S.Links I've seen in either of the games that made me feel nothing. It didn't help that all of the scenes were essentially the same.

I think, as dumb and goofy the secret video recordings are, I like them because they give a chance to see the characters just doing random things; helps you get a better appreciation for them when you can see them doing and talking about things unrelated to the actual plot. Like, as goofily fanservicey Mituru's walking around in a towel scene was (and seriously, is everyone really okay with all of these things being recorded?!), it was nice to see her behaving like an actual human being and not some sort of Stepford Wife with hints of a brooding past.

But I don't buy that Akihiko is bad with women, not even a little bit. Guy has chicks following him home every day apparently. Come on.

Speaking of Mitsuru, where did her random French go? I don't miss it per se, but she just kind of... stopped.

Haha, while we're on the subject...

imcoming.gifiero8.gif

I don't even know where to begin. Nevermind the fact that it's fanservice, the entire sequence taken as a whole is just so... surreal. It plays out like a scene from cartoon, with Fuuka trying out the product she got from the internet* and getting suck with it. And to top it all off, Mitsuru shows up at the worst possible time. Fuuka's "distinct" voice makes the whole thing better.

*Tanaka

imcoming.gifiero8.gif

I don't even know where to begin. Nevermind the fact that it's fanservice, the entire sequence taken as a whole is just so... surreal. It plays out like a scene from cartoon, with Fuuka trying out the product she got from the internet* and getting suck with it. And to top it all off, Mitsuru shows up at the worst possible time. Fuuka's "distinct" voice makes the whole thing better.

*Tanaka
This scene was bizarre. Like an "am I really watching what I think I'm watching" kind of thing. The others are silly, but... "Mitsuru mistakenly believes she nearly walked in on Fuuka masturbating." Nope, that's a new one.

The timing of the buzzing sounds make the scene. *bzzz bzzz*

EDIT: Really wish you got to see more of Ms. Toriumi. "Now I'm no computer nerd, but..."

CorvoSol

imcoming.gifiero8.gif

*Tanaka

Just saw this scene.

Mitsuru has the worst luck in these recordings.

Squire

Banned
Scrafty, I played through the first episode of TWD. That was all I really needed to know it wasn't for me, but I do have the whole season, so maybe I'll revisit it at some point. I don't rule anything out.

It's not my thing right now, but I'm happy there's a studio creating an experience that compells people with it's narrative. That's what I look for in games and I savor it when I find it, so I'm happy to see others do the same.

Trigger

I wish we'd get more P5 details. I'd take anything at this point. I know why we won't see any details for awhile, but waiting suuuuucks.

Caladrius

I wish we'd get more P5 details. I'd take anything at this point. I know why we won't see any details for awhile, but waiting suuuuucks.

It's like the news drought after Smash Bros. Brawl was revealed.

Only this one is more annoying because the Press cycle is much shorter.

Lunar15

It's a tricky tradeoff. Do I want info now only to have to sit on that info until next year, or do I want to have no info until much closer to release?

hao chi

I'm fine with waiting for Persona 5 news since it's still pretty far off. I'll just focus on being hyped for Ultimax and PQ in the meantime.

Nachos

For completely normal dogs who fight with completely normal dog knives.

All of this is completely normal, we assure you.

Pay no attention to the normal dog exchange student who has just joined our class. Now class, what might you say to appease our normal dog dictators?

A. Woof.
B. Bark-bark.
C. アルフ.

Acid08

Banned
I know it has been said many times here but Dangan Ronpa is awesome. It's scratching the same kinda itch that Persona games do. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who posts in here.

pariah164

I know it has been said many times here but Dangan Ronpa is awesome. It's scratching the same kinda itch that Persona games do. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who posts in here.
It's really, really awesome, yes, Already my top GOTY contender. IDC if it's only March.

Gazoinks

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing at at some point. Probably later this year when some of the spoilers I picked up have hopefully faded from my memory. 2 is coming this year, right?

Acid08

Banned
I'm pretty stoked that DR2 is coming out so quickly. PQ and DR2 this fall, dat handheld supremacy.

Yukari>Koro>Makoto>Aigis>Junpei>Shinji>Mitsuru>Training>Ken>Fuuka-Bot

Gazoinks

DR is indeed awesome. Are there any other good handheld games coming out this year?

Conception 2 and Demon's Gaze could be good? I don't know that much about them personally, but some people seem hyped, especially for the latter.

Oh, and Smash Bros. for 3DS obviously. :p

e: Congratulations Corvo on becoming the top poster in the thread. My plan worked.

CorvoSol

Koro > Junpei > Mitsuru > Akihiko > Aigis(???) > Yukari = Fuuka(???)

So what's my final score?

Koro because he's a dog, Junpei because he's into baseball, Veronica is hella rich, Akihiko is married to training, Aigis has that whole monotone Kosmos thing going on, Yukari is Betty if Mitsuru is Veronica and Fuuka is more mechanical than the robot.

So you aced the test.

Dantis

So I keep hearing.

It's been top priority on my rental list for the last few weeks, but nothing yet. :(

CorvoSol

Conception 2 and Demon's Gaze could be good? I don't know that much about them personally, but some people seem hyped, especially for the latter.

Oh, and Smash Bros. for 3DS obviously. :p

e: Congratulations Corvo on becoming the top poster in the thread. My plan worked.

OH GOD WHAT.

I HAVE ONLY BEATEN ONE PERSONA GAME. Man I need winter to end so I can get off the internet and go outside again.

Top Bottom