• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

pariah164

Decided to finally go into
Kanji's
Dungeon in P4G.

It was really tough getting through the blue giant wrestler guy, is there any simpler way to beat him?

After that I got wiped out by Tigers, and then I went to sleep (it was late anyways).

Am I supposed to grind a lot in this game? Before going into the dungeon all I really did was do some school stuff and casually did some Social Link levelling.
What I do is when I need to save someone, I go to the previous dungeon and grind a bit first, then hit the target dungeon. Once you have a certain social link started, healing up gets super easy.

ALL YO YENS, YIP YIP YAP.

Sora_N

What I do is when I need to save someone, I go to the previous dungeon and grind a bit first, then hit the target dungeon. Once you have a certain social link started, healing up gets super easy.

ALL YO YENS, YIP YIP YAP.

That's a good idea, I actually ended up grinding a bit by going straight to the 'current' dungeon.

Do you mean the Fox? I actually got him already and when I went back to the front of the dungeon it costs me 25k to heal all lol.

Marche90

BiE6VV7CUAACqQn.jpg

First time I pop in my head in quite a while and the first thing I see is this?

Never change, PersonaGAF, never change.

Props to you, Armada

Lunar15

Kanji's
Dungeon in P4G.

It was really tough getting through the blue giant wrestler guy, is there any simpler way to beat him?

After that I got wiped out by Tigers, and then I went to sleep (it was late anyways).

Am I supposed to grind a lot in this game? Before going into the dungeon all I really did was do some school stuff and casually did some Social Link levelling.

It really isn't a grind-focused game. You're better off fusing more personas and seeing how you can counter what the bosses throw at you.

However, if you're really struggling, you can go back into the previous dungeon and fight the new, optional boss at the top. Getting there is sure to net you some more exp and you'll have a purpose instead of just mindlessly grinding.

pariah164

That's a good idea, I actually ended up grinding a bit by going straight to the 'current' dungeon.

Do you mean the Fox? I actually got him already and when I went back to the front of the dungeon it costs me 25k to heal all lol.
Yeah, it can be a bit steep at the start. Keep leveling that S.Link up, and the price will gradually go down. Not a lot, but an improvement.

Sora_N

I think the problem is that this dungeon has monsters that don't have a weakness, and I guess I couldn't figure out how to really fight against them effectively and I felt that I was underlevelled.

Acid08

Banned
Another volume of the Persona 1 manga got translated today for anyone who cares. It's pretty good, they're mixing the
SEBEC and Snow Queen stories into one.

Lunar15

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/p2Xhizox3iM/maxresdefault.jpg

This guy? Was there another monster that looked like it? I feel I've seen it before and I remember fighting something like that, but that shouldn't be possible since it says it only appears after clearing that dungeon. Lol.

Playing RPGs after long breaks is pretty bad for me.

There was a smaller, similar looking guy alongside Shadow Yukiko during her boss fight. All of the optional bosses are just bigger versions of regular enemies.

pariah164

Seeing all these comments about Koromaru and how awesome he is makes me want to buy P3P so I can have both it and Golden on the same device... Must resist.

CorvoSol

Kanji's
Dungeon in P4G.

I never really "grinded," but I did rerun a dungeon. As in, on "Today I'm going to save you" day, I'd go redo the previous dungeon. So in Kanji's case I reran the whole of Yukiko's dungeon. That was normally enough for me to get the necessary Emperor cards to level up Yu's persona and the rest of the gang. Although I did need to grind prior to defeating one boss. The gold hands running around in dungeons are the best.

Aw man I have to be nice to Kenji again. I told him I thought he'd make a shit husband and now our friendship is in a rut.

I'm sorry for being honest with you Kenji.

Also, when everybody keeps whining about the scars of war and how scary war was do they mean
World War II? Cuz that's a LONG TIME for a bunker to be hidden beneath a manmade island.

Also in terms of battle music so far in the series: P4 > P1 > P3F > P3M

Dude I know it's your opinion but your so wrong, battle of everyone's soul and burn my dread tops persona 4 battle music, shits epic

Sophia

...I actually think Babymetal isn't that bad, considering it's an idol band.

Somewhat more seriously, the Posts games need to have their openings made by either Halcali or Group_Inou, music and visuals included.

The videos are hilarious, but I genuinely think the music is good.

That song of theirs isn't too bad, compared to the other more common one linked. That said, two of the girls can't really sing at all. The actual lead singer is pretty good and her voice would fit some other genre of metal then the pseudo-thrash metal they've got going on.

Certainly not a direction I want to see Dancing All Night go in however. :p

cjkeats

Another volume of the Persona 1 manga got translated today for anyone who cares. It's pretty good, they're mixing the
SEBEC and Snow Queen stories into one.
Oh wow, I thought that was abandoned. Hopefully whoever went back to it keeps it up. Awesome.
Edit: oh even better someone picked it up right after I tried to read it but gave up cause there hasn't been a new chapter since 2010. Pleasantly suprised.

Acid08

Banned
Oh wow, I thought that was abandoned. Hopefully whoever went back to it keeps it up. Awesome.
I think they have two more volumes until it's complete. Whoever is translating it is releasing entire volumes at once so that's like 4-6 chapters per update.

What did you guys think about Persona 3 manga, did you like it because I thought it was good including the character drawings. I might read the Persona 4 and Arena if it's good.

Nachos

That song of theirs isn't too bad, compared to the other more common one linked. That said, two of the girls can't really sing at all. The actual lead singer is pretty good and her voice would fit some other genre of metal then the pseudo-thrash metal they've got going on.

Certainly not a direction I want to see Dancing All Night go in however. :p

Yeah, most of the band's group (excluding the other two girls) seem pretty talented, which is probably Babymetal's only saving grace. And come on, who wouldn't want Aigis to dance to metal songs about chocolate?

No, no, let's go with Doll$boxx
That wasn't that bad, either. Definitely liked the video, at least.

Sophia

Yeah, most of the band's group (excluding the other two girls) seem pretty talented, which is probably Babymetal's only saving grace. And come on, who wouldn't want Aigis to dance to metal songs about chocolate?

If we're going into the realm of Persona characters dancing to non-Persona music, then I'd rather have her dance to actual songs performed by her voice actress. =P

arue

If we're going into the realm of Persona characters dancing to non-Persona music, then I'd rather have her dance to actual songs performed by her voice actress. =P

Heh I have no problem if there is more J-Pop in Persona. I listen to them all the time :p

Somehow I'm not surprised for you to listen to Maaya Sakamoto's songs, Sophia. The only one I know from her is this one.

Sophia

Heh I have no problem if there is more J-Pop in Persona. I listen to them all the time :p

Somehow I'm not surprised for you to listen to Maaya Sakamoto's songs, Sophia. The only one I know from her is this one.

Escalfown and Maaya Sakamoto were pretty much the reason I wanted to learn Japanese. Specifically, the ending song to the movie. I love her voice!

Shame we'll never get Persona 3 character songs. ;_;

tumblr_n1y985Jc091rpyb5jo1_500.png

Woah, Junpei's steamrolling him

Akihiko uses a gamepad? Psh! What a casual. :<

tumblr_n1y985Jc091rpyb5jo1_500.png

Woah, Junpei's steamrolling him

Akihiko must be an autocombo using scrub. And he's using a gamepad? Geez, could he be any worse?

Meanwhile, Junpei is in the elite force of fightstick users. probably playing honorably and not spamming habdoukens and cheesing his opponent, just like an honorable player should.

PK Gaming

I like to think that they're maining each other

Akihiko: (with a straight face) Akihiko is just way too good. Why is Junpei so limited?
Junpei: Nah man, you just suck.

Silky

Banned
Akihiko must be an autocombo using scrub. And he's using a gamepad? Geez, could he be any worse?

Meanwhile, Junpei is in the elite force of fightstick users. probably playing honorably and not spamming habdoukens and cheesing his opponent, just like an honorable player should.

iawkz.png

TWILT

Banned

lol

Top Bottom