• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Well there is more of the Persona 2 cosplay from the same people.
tumblr_n1uz2w4FBk1rbd16po4_1280.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if Atlus is gonna put up two new PQ character videos tomorrow. This has been one of the rare weeks where nothing of note has really happened in Persona land.

Based on Junpei's hand position, it's his first time playing on stick.
This is such a fun line out of context.

Anyways!

I have gotten to that part in Persona 3. Spoilers!

I think had I actually been using Shinjiro on my team I would have been pissed off, because that kind of shit always pisses me off--a character's level raised represents time invested, and in this case, wasted. Which especially sucks in a game like this. At least you don't have him for very long.

The scene where he dies was actually pretty good all things considered, but it was kind of hard to care as much as the game seemed to want me to care because Ken had hardly been a character at all at that point and you really don't see enough of Shinjiro to make it really hurt. And you know, as much shit I give Hippie Jesus for his design, I do love his silky smooth voice.

Finally got some upgraded Personas, too bad they were for characters I don't use. Caesar is like an enormous improvement over Polydeuces in design, but it's still goofy looking--what the heck is up with that tiny little man sitting inside of him? And then Ken's went from Buzzsaw Man to Two-Fisted Bingo Tumbler Man? Meh. Where's Yucatan Penninsula's upgraded Persona? She stopped learning moves like ten levels ago.

That's all I got.

Nachos

Why does EP have so many characters wearing motorcycle equipment anyway.

Persona 2 is hella motorcycles.
If we're going into the realm of Persona characters dancing to non-Persona music, then I'd rather have her dance to actual songs performed by her voice actress. =P

Well sure, the music world be better if that happened, but I say that if you're already doing something stupid and ridiculous, you might as well go all the way. =P

arue

I have gotten to that part in Persona 3. Spoilers!

I think had I actually been using Shinjiro on my team I would have been pissed off, because that kind of shit always pisses me off--a character's level raised represents time invested, and in this case, wasted. Which especially sucks in a game like this. At least you don't have him for very long.

The scene where he dies was actually pretty good all things considered, but it was kind of hard to care as much as the game seemed to want me to care because Ken had hardly been a character at all at that point and you really don't see enough of Shinjiro to make it really hurt. And you know, as much shit I give Hippie Jesus for his design, I do love his silky smooth voice.

Finally got some upgraded Personas, too bad they were for characters I don't use. Caesar is like an enormous improvement over Polydeuces in design, but it's still goofy looking--what the heck is up with that tiny little man sitting inside of him? And then Ken's went from Buzzsaw Man to Two-Fisted Bingo Tumbler Man? Meh. Where's Yucatan Penninsula's upgraded Persona? She stopped learning moves like ten levels ago.

That's all I got.

P3 October spoiler
Yukari's persona evolve in November.

I guess it's a good thing that I never used Shinjiro because I would be pretty pissed too. Losing a strong character just like that in a short amount of time does not feel good at all.

Shinjiro is actually given a lot of background through his S. Link in P3P. I actually cared a lot for him in P3P than in FES.

I swear Persona 4 Golden's soundtrack is one of the most amazing pieces of work I've ever heard in a video game. I seriously cannot get enough of the frigging songs.

The intro is just ohhhh man.

I swear Persona 4 Golden's soundtrack is one of the most amazing pieces of work I've ever heard in a video game. I seriously cannot get enough of the frigging songs.

The intro is just ohhhh man.

Bu bu bu but True Story!

Nah, in all serousness, P4/P4G have great soundtracks without a doubt. Absolutely love them, especially a lot of the later boss themes.

P3 October spoiler
Yukari's persona evolve in November.

I guess it's a good thing that I never used Shinjiro because I would be pretty pissed too. Losing a strong character just like that in a short amount of time does not feel good at all.

Shinjiro is actually given a lot of background through his S. Link in P3P. I actually cared a lot for him in P3P than in FES.
Woah, wait,
Shinjiro has a S.Link in Portable? When are you allowed to start it? Because if it's only when he joins you that seems like an absurdly short amount of time to get it done.

Woah, wait,
Shinjiro has a S.Link in Portable? When are you allowed to start it? Because if it's only when he joins you that seems like an absurdly short amount of time to get it done.

All the male party members get slinks for the female protagonist only, she has all of SEES.

Bu bu bu but True Story!

Nah, in all serousness, P4/P4G have great soundtracks without a doubt. Absolutely love them, especially a lot of the later boss themes.

and what's worse is I never even truly got the true ending for P4G. I never even heard "snowflakes", I only heard a snippet of it from some random post.

Sophia

and what's worse is I never even truly got the true ending for P4G. I never even heard "snowflakes", I only heard a snippet of it from some random post.

Unless you saved over your game with a Cleared Save, it is impossible to lock yourself out of the true ending.

Sophia

Fuuka's trailer calls them "P3 主人公" and "P4 主人公" in the post-battle screen, which is "P3/P4 Protagonist" basically... so I guess they have no canonical name? :p

Swedesu

Hmm, I still think that the one you're not playing as will get a name. Dialogue would get pretty weird if that is not the case.

Otherwise we would have Senpai and..... him? Dude? Leader maybe?

Sophia

Hmm, I still think that the one you're not playing as will get a name. Dialogue would get pretty weird if that is not the case.

Otherwise we would have Senpai and..... him? Dude? Leader maybe?

Well keep in mind. In Fuuka's trailer they're in the party at the same time. So I'm guessing we're going to get to name both of them. :p

Swedesu

Well keep in mind. In Fuuka's trailer they're in the party at the same time. So I'm guessing we're going to get to name both of them. :p

Yea, sure seems that way. Now I'm interested to see how they will handle this.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool.

And it's the same in Rise's trailer, guess that's how we're rolling then.

That PQ case is very... loud.

What character trailers are left? There hasn't been a Naoto one yet, has there?

Well they're hasn't been a a trailer for Koromaru and Ken from P3 and Naoto from P4. So I think they're the last ones that would get a trailer.

Oh wait a minute.....The Velvet Room Characters.

Sophia

Koromaru, Ken, Naoto, Kanji, The Velvet Room crew, and Marie are all missing I believe. So that means they have enough for four more sets of trailers if they want.

Top Bottom