• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Corvo plz

D0NjJi1.gif

I have opinions and I share them like they were facts.

Dantis

Original opening > P4G opening

It's not even close, particularly when you include the visuals.

Hilariously, Pursuing My True Self also had much more thematically consistent lyrics with the main game. Shadow World is literally just FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP. I suppose that's consistent with what Golden added though, so maybe that was the intention.

Hilariously, Pursuing My True Self also had much more thematically consistent lyrics with the main game. Shadow World is literally just FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP. I suppose that's consistent with what Golden added though, so maybe that was the intention.

Dat dead body tho, 2deep

CorvoSol

I thought the original opening with the silhouettes was miiiiiiiles more stylish, personally.

I'm a filthy neophyte whose entrance to this fandom is meant to oppose your deep-seated beliefs in exactly this manner.

This is why I keep teasing people for thinking P3 is somehow dark when it's a game where you can go on a movie date with a dog.

Dantis

Best opening ever.

I forgot how good it was. Kinda strange that the production (In terms of animation and direction) is better than P4G.

I'm a filthy neophyte whose entrance to this fandom is meant to oppose your deep-seated beliefs in exactly this manner.

This is why I keep teasing people for thinking P3 is somehow dark when it's a game where you can go on a movie date with a dog.

I've always referred to P3 as cold and isolated, rather than dark. Even if you ignore the light hearted stuff (And I do in these kinds of contexts), I think people like to exaggerate things a little.

CorvoSol

Quick reminder that Koromaru is the best SLink in the game. Why spend my time with losers like Yukari when I can be walking my badass albino puppy dog?

Setsu00

Best opening ever.

I forgot how good it was. Kinda strange that the production (In terms of animation and direction) is better than P4G.

It's actually not strange at all once you realize that Soejima had a huge input on the P4 vanilla (and P3) opening. He apparently planned a lot of the scenes before giving them to the animation studio.

arue

Best opening ever.

I agree with you. The original P4 opening reflects the theme of the game better than the flashy P4G opening. I feel that the dancing in P4G was really unnecessary and out of character :/

So, I have one last Hypothetical Persona 4 Shadow to share with you all:

BIG TIME PERSONA 4 SPOILERS I AM SERIOUS

This is the best design coming from you. No wonder this took the longest. Congrats on completing the shadow designs!

Quick reminder that Koromaru is the best SLink in the game. Why spend my time with losers like Yukari when I can be walking my badass albino puppy dog?

My man.

Szadek

I need to play a bit more P3P.
Looks like the female main character has to be single forever.
It's not my fault that nobody is good enough for her.

CorvoSol

I need to play a bit more P3P.
Looks like the female main character has to be single forever.
It's not my fault that nobody is good enough for her.

If this game doesn't end with FeMC and Theo eloping I don't think I will accept the ending as canon.

CorvoSol

Guys what is the best way to gain Academics points? I have 1 rank left to gain before Mitsuru time begins, and I'd like to gain it as fast as I can.

Acid08

Banned
Guys what is the best way to gain Academics points? I have 1 rank left to gain before Mitsuru time begins, and I'd like to gain it as fast as I can.
Quiz game at night when it's available and studying at night when you got nothing else to do. Also eating at that one place at the Strip Mall if you have a free afternoon.

CorvoSol

KENJI RANK 9

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

Dantis

It's actually not strange at all once you realize that Soejima had a huge input on the P4 vanilla (and P3) opening. He apparently planned a lot of the scenes before giving them to the animation studio.

Sure, but I had assumed he would have done the same for P4G.

Maybe not though. It seems like he doesn't actually do that much on the spinoff games.

Zebetite

Banned
KENJI RANK 9

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

KENJI SPOILERS

Did you laugh at him? Tell me you laughed at him.

Dantis

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's amazing or whatever.

But he's fine. I don't hate him. He's better than, say, Marie.

wmlk

Meh, I feel like both of them represent what Persona 4 really is. To me, it was always about FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP and about pursuing your true self, and both openings have their respective themes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's amazing or whatever.

But he's fine. I don't hate him. He's better than, say, Marie.

Such high standards.

CorvoSol

P3P EARLY SEPTEMBER

Yukari's a bitch, not letting Koro go to school even though he'd totally be rockin' at it. I mean it's not like you have to LEARN at SCHOOL or be able to WRITE or anything. I bet everyone there would think Koro was a great dog. But NOOOO. Yukari can't have anyone moving in on her attention monopoly.

Junpei's hope of finally getting lucky with a girl only got worse. Poor dude.

Ikutsuki doesn't notice Chidori dragging Junpei all the way to the rooftop. There is nothing suspicious about Ikutsuki, nope.

RISE KUJIKAWA WAS IN THIS TOWN AND NOBODY EVEN TOLD ME. Frickin' power outages.

CorvoSol

They are way better than disco-ninja-frog and the Digimon from Golden. <__<

Hahaha no they are not. I haven't played much of P1 or P2 yet but Polypukeus and Castor are the worst Persona I've ever seen. At least you can laugh at Yosuke's Flame Fro Frog. These two I'm just like like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Poor
Rio loves him, poor, poor girl.

The worst moment in Lady Bro History. SPEAKING OF HERMIT RANK SIX

"My Personal Experiences Don't Mean Shit."

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

In a PQ, she actually brings this up with Shinjiro.

I would like it very much if Mr. Grumpy pants turned out to be a closet Rise fan.

I'd still say that out of all the P1 characters that are in P2, Yukino is still the best overall.

Yukino P1 Design

Yukino P2 Design

A vast improvement over her P1 design.

Her P1 design was indicative of
her recent deliquency. For some reason long skirts == law-breaking wild girl. Japan. :p
By P2 that's more in the past and the lack of a uniform and the arrival of a cool hat changes things.

Her P1 design was indicative of
her recent deliquency. For some reason long skirts == law-breaking wild girl. Japan. :p
By P2 that's more in the past and the lack of a uniform and the arrival of a cool hat changes things.

Maki looks really good in P2, almost everyone ends up looking good, but Nanjo just HAD to wear that stupid helmet lol.

Top Bottom