• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Acid08

Banned
You guys just made me watch all the persona intros on youtube.

I like vanilla P3 and P3P the most even though P3P looked like some edgy anime OP. Vanilla P4 and FES were the worst. P4G was okay. But yea FES definitely has the best song.
Did you watch the Innocent Sin PSP intro? Because that one is kinda fucking excellent.

arue

Kinda late for the opening discussion, but

P3> FES> P4 > P2:IS > P2:EP > P1 > P4G >>>>>>>> P3P

Burn My Bread Dread is the best.

Edit: P2 Openings are based on their PSP versions

You guys just made me watch all the persona intros on youtube.

I like vanilla P3 and P3P the most even though P3P looked like some edgy anime OP. Vanilla P4 and FES were the worst. P4G was okay. But yea FES definitely has the best song.

>says watched all the persona intro videos
>doesn't even mention any of the P1/2IS/2EP intros

Worse than death, forgotten.

FluxWaveZ

Don't read into what i'm saying at all for DanganRonpa

It's complete conjecture

Heh. And anyways, I'd prefer a DR x Persona collab. spin-off to probably just be the P3 or P4 cast, not both (save the other side for the sequel). Doesn't have to just be limited to the main teams, either; imagining someone like Ai handling a situation like that is fun.

PK Gaming

what happened to kanji

Goddamnit

Consider him a victim. I bet his death would cause the ultimate despair.

Heh. And anyways, I'd prefer a DR x Persona collab. spin-off to probably just be the P3 or P4 cast, not both (save the other side for the sequel). Doesn't have to just be limited to the main teams, either; imagining someone like Ai handling a situation like that is fun.

That's a good point!

FluxWaveZ

Face it, you all just want a DR Persona game so you can see your least favorite Persona character get killed messily.

Not at all. There was a time I kept saying Persona 5 was actually going to be Zero Escape 3 before it was announced (and before I experienced DR).

Though seeing the P4 cast in a truly desperate situation would be a bonus.

>says watched all the persona intro videos
>doesn't even mention any of the P1/2IS/2EP intros

Worse than death, forgotten.

image.php

Caladrius

Though seeing the P4 cast in a truly desperate situation would be a bonus.

The joy of Dangan Ronpa is seeing your MOST favourite character get killed of messily and not expecting it

Actually, I'd be down with seeing my favorite characters bite it

Y'all are a bunch of despair fetishists.

There was a time I kept saying Persona 5 was actually going to be Zero Escape 3 before it was announced (and before I experienced DR).

Elucidaaaaate

Fine, I watched the other ones. P1 and P2EP were whatever. P2IS was pretty great though, makes me want to watch some japanese cartoon OP's on youtube.

I'm inclined to say vanilla P4's was the worse though. The anime-montage thing of the main cast just looked really awful and I didn't really like the music.

FluxWaveZ

Better safe than sorry, I guess. At least nobody can claim they got accidentally spoiled.

Yeah, that's the safer approach.

Maybe I'm just having violent flashbacks to times when people have pointed out spoilers to something only for it to be worst than not mentioning it at all.

FluxWaveZ

your avatar,
for instance

but given they showed it in an official trailer, 'eh'

(Persona 4 spoilers)
Yeah, my avatar's another example of something that wouldn't be a spoiler unless someone mentioned it. It's too obscured and there's not much visible clothing. Without the context that my avatar's even Persona related, no one would be able to even guess.

Kinda like another member's avatar here related to a certain game.

But yea I hope the P5 intro is really stylized like the P3 vanilla intro, shit's awesome. The less awkwardly animated anime in the intro, the better.

kewlmyc

Yeah? It was posted in this thread before:

4PeGoV2.png

Yeah, I suppose we don't know if that's final, but I bet it would be. Only thing I envision changing is the font for "ersona."

Hm, I don't remember this. We has 12200 posts, cut me some slack. Seems very not final though, since it isn't stylised.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, I don't remember this. We has 12200 posts, cut me some slack. Seems very not final though, since it isn't stylised.

Also, I'm not sure it was actually posted in this thread (might have been OT3).

But yeah, that was the logo for the game in the #Re:birth magazine. If it's not final, I'm willing to bet it'll look damn close and I could really just see them removing the words inside the "P" and changing the font slightly. I don't think they'll go for something particular ala P3 digital font or P4 extreme slant.

Again, I prefer this one to P3's or P4's, so I'm also hoping it's pretty much final.

I think this was from Previous OT. though I can't remember either since this thread goes so fast.
As for logo itself, I don't think this is the final logo, for one thing it wasn't in the trailer and they haven't updated the website to add the logo. It's pretty much I think a placeholder until we see the final design. Mind you, I think they will have something similar in the end, but will be different nonetheless.

Nachos

Yeah, that's the safer approach.

Maybe I'm just having violent flashbacks to times when people have pointed out spoilers to something only for it to be worst than not mentioning it at all.

You do realize I'm back, right? There's no need to be so passive-aggressive.

(Potential Dangan Ronpa ending spoilers; sorry Sophia, but I'll try to be as vague as possible by not mentioning any specific characters or plot details.)

If you would kindly recall, I was speculating something from another person's avatar based off of pretty faulty speculation of my own, which is why I was asking for confirmation in the thread itself. I was trying to avoid spoilers myself, though needless to say, I handled it all like a complete goon. Hell, I, being on edge from narily avoiding the spoilers elsewhere, didn't even consider the fact that the specific person's title would allow for some artistic liberties with how they were depicted.

Not to mention that even as I mentioned it, I was completely off-base with what I thought I actually saw or its specific context. Or to mention that based off of some certain events, I thought I was completely wrong and was relieved that my rambling didn't ruin anyone's enjoyment. Of course, knowing the ending now, I obviously can't say that. I was an idiot with how I handled myself, yes, but it certainly wasn't out of any malice.

If the damage is done, then all I realistically can do is apologize and keep my fat mouth shut for when the sequel rolls around. However, going off of you name-dropping me in that topic while I was still banned, if you still have beef, then please take it up with me via PM.

Yeah, I suppose we don't know if that's final, but I bet it would be. Only thing I envision changing is the font for "ersona."

That's the only real problem; that part is a modern-style serif, which, with its higher variance of thick and thin strokes, doesn't lend itself well to smaller sizes. They could make it big enough to see in-game, but they also need it to be legible in legal documents and the like, which would necessitate better scalability.

koutoru

But yeah, that was the logo for the game in the #Re:birth magazine. If it's not final, I'm willing to bet it'll look damn close and I could really just see them removing the words inside the "P" and changing the font slightly. I don't think they'll go for something particular ala P3 digital font or P4 extreme slant.

I agree. I think they're going for a simple style this time.
It'll be interesting to see how they stylize the rest of the game to fit the color palette.

Corvo, are you doing Shinji's S. Link? It's probably my favourite in P3P due to the depth it adds to his character.

By the way, fantastic job on the final Shadow, Mamba. Maybe you could do Shadows for P3's cast sometime!

Top Bottom