• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Koro-chan is not a jackass.

Touche.

If this thread is any indication, openly shitting on characters you dislike is even better!

Sometimes you just have to let the world know that Nozomi is a repulsive, awful, hideous individual or that maxing out Kenji's SLink is one of the most shameful experiences of your life.

P1

Fred busted Brown and Mark out of jail. There's something biblical about breaking a guy named Mark out of a prison, but that moment is completely swept under the rug by Nanjo calling Mark a monkey like, four times. I'm really glad I'm playing the PSP version of Persona 1 because Mark's character being black would carry NUMEROUS uncomfortable implications. I mean, Nanjo's calling him a monkey goes from being rude and somewhat teasing to extremely racist, Mark having a dude in a grass skirt and Tiki mask for a Persona goes from being weird to sort of not an okay thing. Nevermind the "WOO!" and dance moves. I'm all for more black characters in RPGs, but the idea of Mark in particular being black just seems like too many red flags.

Game continues to feel like SMT4 to me, though. I mean wandering the streets of town, fighting demons instead of shadows, trying to persuade demons SPEAKING OF is that how I get new Personas in this game? Negotiating? Cuz I'm fucked if that's the case. I HATE demon conversations. Gimme a good ol' Pokeball any day.

And while I think P1's battle theme is way more jammin than either P3M or P3F's, I gotta say the battle system in P1 is cluuuuuuuuuuunky. I don't mind 1st personing around, but man this battle system. I don't know what it is but fights take forever and I feel like I'm constantly navigating menus. P3 and P4 have a much more fluid battle system, and I hope P2 is at least more streamlined than menutopia here.

Also pink trees growing inside of a police station.

P3P

Hey Shinji, uh, I don't want to be a nag, I really don't, but maybe your accuracy would be better if you took your hand out of your damn pocket during battle.

tartarostcs8d.png

Persona 3 JP Version

While the spelling is a different way of spelling Tartarus, it still has the same meaning as Tartarus, similar to how Aigis can be spelled as Aegis.

CorvoSol

Persona 3 JP Version

While the spelling is a different way of spelling Tartarus, it still has the same meaning as Tartarus, similar to how Aigis can be spelled as Aegis.

The TARTAROS system is a key component of the bad guys' evil plan in Full Metal Panic. But there's a reason for spelling it that way.

I dunno, I think learning that its your responsibility to risk your life fighting mysterious abominations that can turn you black goo alongside a group of random unrelated kids (and a dog) all dealing with psychological problems while never being able to take recognition for your actions is an acceptable excuse to be kind of an ass. At least more than solving scooby-doo mysteries with your best friends (and a fox).

Actually I think this brings up the important question of what weird animal will be accompanying you in P5.

Lunar15

I dunno, I think learning that its your responsibility to risk your life fighting mysterious abominations that can turn you black goo alongside a group of random unrelated kids (and a dog) all dealing with psychological problems while never being able to take recognition for your actions is an acceptable excuse to be kind of an ass. At least more than solving scooby-doo mysteries with your best friends (and a fox).

Actually I think this brings up the important question of what weird animal will be accompanying you in P5.

P5 is actually an Octodad crossover.

PK Gaming

WELL NOW I JUST FEEL BAD.

The Naoto thing was more random. I've barely even said anything positive about Naoto in here, certainly not anything to justify all the waifu stuff.

Not that it actually bothers me, of course. Just sayin'.
Haha, it's anything but that!

You have a huge, huge, huge penchant for Naoto. Like, anytime she's brought up you immediately have to chime in and offer your opinion. What's more, a good deal of your fanart involves Naoto. You drew her in a friggin catsuit (which by itself, isn't a big deal, but when taken as a whole...)

TL;DR You're a Naoto fanboy dude.

But hey, there's seriously nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for the late response, was on break when I made that post.

It's getting a bit annoying when it comes out of nowhere. I've gotten a shit ton of asks on ask.fm of just "RISE RISE RISE RISE" and stuff.

If you're creative about it, all good, if you're just random ass about it, it's annoying.

PK Gaming

Sorry for the late response, was on break when I made that post.

It's getting a bit annoying when it comes out of nowhere. I've gotten a shit ton of asks on ask.fm of just "RISE RISE RISE RISE" and stuff.

If you're creative about it, all good, if you're just random ass about it, it's annoying.

For what it's worth, I think you're pretty tame when it comes to Rise, and it sucks that you're the poster boy for Rise fans.

In fact, i'm pretty sure i'm the bigger Rise fanboy.

For what it's worth, I think you're pretty tame when it comes to Rise, and it sucks that you're the poster boy for Rise fans.

In fact, i'm pretty sure i'm the bigger Rise fanboy.

You probably are.
Not. Maybe Kappa

But I need to be known for something more than losing to Chris G and getting bopped by button checks ;_;

Caladrius

There is a big scary pile of unfinished PS3 games staring at me please make it stop.

I've gotten through Katamari Forever, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and Tales of Xillia.

Dark Souls, Vanquish, 3D Dot game heroes and The entire Ratchet and Clank series up through A Crack in Time are sitting there

I have the urge to replay some more of my gamecube games but I just finished The Thousand Year Door.

Omikaru

So hey, word of warning, it seems Persona 2: Innocent Sin (both US and EU versions) are the latest in a long line of games hackers have exploited to enable people to run GBA emulators and such in PSP mode on their Vita. :3

At any rate, once Sony gets word of it, the game will probably be pulled from the PS Store. No idea if it'll return at a later date, so you may want to get it now.

PK Gaming

So hey, word of warning, it seems Persona 2: Innocent Sin (both US and EU versions) are the latest in a long line of games hackers have exploited to enable people to run GBA emulators and such in PSP mode on their Vita. :3

At any rate, once Sony gets word of it, the game will probably be pulled from the PS Store. No idea if it'll return at a later date, so you may want to get it now.

Man, Persona 2 just can't catch a break

Gazoinks

And I just passed up getting it yesterday too. >.>

Hopefully it doesn't actually get pulled for a long time. I want to own it to complete my Persona Vita collection, but I don't have much desire to replay it soon so I haven't actually bought it yet.

Squire

Banned

Glad I own P2 physically. Try and take that away from me, Atlus!

I don't own a PSP any more though. ;_;

atlus operatives converging on dantis-kun's house as we speak

They don't even remember the game is out.

I didn't even change to a Rise avatar last month.
You aren't allowed to change your avatar, because then how would anyone recognize you? You must remain along with me in the "never ever change your avatar" brotherhood.

Anyways, Persona 3:

Oh my god Kenji's situation is even worse than I anticipated.
Not only does he believe incorrectly that he's in a relationship with a teacher, said teacher is getting married? Oh my god.
I almost don't want to finish it because I feel it's going to be so bad. I can take schadenfreude, but this is too much. I can't handle it.

Akinari's S.Link just shot up even higher than I originally thought it was, easily the best after the Hermit, when I learned of
the pink alligator

You aren't allowed to change your avatar, because then how would anyone recognize you? You must remain along with me in the "never ever change your avatar" brotherhood.

Anyways, Persona 3:

Not only does he believe incorrectly that he's in a relationship with a teacher, said teacher is getting married? Oh my god.
I almost don't want to finish it because I feel it's going to be so bad. I can take schadenfreude, but this is too much. I can't handle it.

Akinari's S.Link just shot up even higher than I originally thought it was, easily the best after the Hermit, when I learned of
the pink alligator

How high would you rate Akinari's S Link 1-10, and hey you should try Maiko's hanged man social link trust me it's really good.

How high would you rate Akinari's S Link 1-10, and hey you should try Maiko's hanged man social link trust me it's really good.
I don't know if I could rank on a number scale. Maybe just to compare it to "Maya," if the Hermit was a 10 the Sun would be a 9.5, and I'm not done yet with the Sun. I didn't think P3 had it in itself to have another S.Link that good.

I have been trying to hang out with Maiko but I have kind of stopped after learning that
her father hit her
. I was just... no. I don't want to hear this, this is too awful coming from a kid.

CorvoSol

Anyways, Persona 3:

the pink alligator

I don't think I have Akinari's yet. But I will say that
laughing at Kenji as he sobbed over the realization that he was NEVER in a relationship with a teacher and that the ENTIRE school knows he's made a HUGE ass out of himself was worth the rest of it, for me.
Librarian and Doge are still my number one SLinks.

And yeah, I don't think I can ever change my avatar. I think I managed to achieve avatar-user recognition status the day I got put into a SunhiGIF.

Maiko's is actually my favorite on male side so far.

I don't know if I could rank on a number scale. Maybe just to compare it to "Maya," if the Hermit was a 10 the Sun would be a 9.5, and I'm not done yet with the Sun. I didn't think P3 had it in itself to have another S.Link that good.

I have been trying to hang out with Maiko but I have kind of stopped after learning that
her father hit her
. I was just... no. I don't want to hear this, this is too awful coming from a kid.

You should finish it through the end, the ending is really great, but if you don't want to it's all good.

I don't think I have Akinari's yet. But I will say that
laughing at Kenji as he sobbed over the realization that he was NEVER in a relationship with a teacher and that the ENTIRE school knows he's made a HUGE ass out of himself was worth the rest of it, for me.
Librarian and Doge are still my number one SLinks.

And yeah, I don't think I can ever change my avatar. I think I managed to achieve avatar-user recognition status the day I got put into a SunhiGIF.

Maiko's is actually my favorite on male side so far.

I know she's really great especially at the end

PK Gaming

Anyways, Persona 3:

the pink alligator

eam1Azd.png

Yeah expect it to go from bad to worse. I'm so glad that they wrote him out of the movie.

What a shitty character.

Do guys think they might add the Hermit, Hanged man, and Sun social links in the Persona 3 movie because they are like the best ones, but I feel like it ain't gonna happen.

Top Bottom