• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

Back to the games that matter:

qqEJBwi.jpg

Excellent picture! The P3 movie guy is a good artist.

If I receive hell, you receive double hell.

Nope. You've declared your love for Rise, multiple times, no less.

i genuinely wish they'd developed that relationship more. Or at all really.

They just kind of force state changes on to it and none of it matters cos you don't give a shit

Yup. I didn't like anything about Fuuka at all.

CorvoSol

P3P SEPTEMBER

So uh, I guess I shouldn't have kissed Chihiro so soon. This SLink reverse thing has left poor Makoto flabbergasted. In spite of being a suave, debonair, charismatic, intelligent, tough guy, he don't have the slightest clue what is wrong with this girl, and begging on his knees at school has done him no good. I mean, none of the other girls he's dating are mad at him.

Meanwhile Clara locked herself in her room for four days because lady bro Saori left. I know I'm reading into it, but that "my first love was my uncle" stuff either meant "my parents and uncle are abusive please save me" or "I am in lesbians with you." Also Fuuka managed to make rice, meaning her cooking is now still worse than Nanako's but better than Chie, Yukiko and Rise's.

Kenji tried to hit on Yukari while cleaning the photography booth's stuff. Everyone agreed he was a complete loser and ignored him for the rest of the forever. Clara spent time with Akihiko and realized that outside of Mitsuru, NOBODY IN THIS DORM HAS A HEALTHY HOME. I mean, her folks are dead. Makoto's parents are dead. Yukari's dad is dead and her mother is apparently a full time whore. Aigis is a robot whose creators probably died. Ken is like "MY MOM SAID SHE WAS TOUGH!" Akihiko and Shinji are orphanage buddies, and Koromaru's master is dead. I guess Fuuka has parents but its hard to tell if asexual life-forms call the amoeba they divided from "Mom" or "Pop." And while I'm not sure, I kind of worry that Mitsuru's mother is Ragyo Kiryuin, hence her absence from everywhere.

Shinjiro is now Popeye 'cuz he worries if we're eating our greens. There's something deeply wrong about an elementary school kid wielding a Sexy Lance. Maiko wants me to get involved in her parents' bitter divorce and I'm like "Girl, I have ENOUGH friends with parent problems already."

Meanwhile Nozomi couldn't decide if the stain on his armpit was natural or from that last triple-decker, but he is convinced it looks like Jesus.

Dantis

The SEES dorms is basically "The Kirijo Group Home For Kids With Fucked-Up Home Lives"

Like I've said before, all the people in P3 are screwed by something that is out of their control (...Except for maybe Kenji). In P4, the vibe is "You can fix this if you change the way you think", whereas in P3 it's "You're fucked. Enjoy!".

They look better in P3M than the game. Soejima'a art is better than most, but those portraits are a little messy.

The P3 portraits are a bit funky for sure. I thought you meant Soejima's art in general.

Soejima's P3 art was much less precise, less 'cute' and more deformed than his newer stuff.

Jintor

long form games where you don't need precision controls on portable systems is my jam.

it's not a very catchy slogan but whatcha gonna do

The SEES dorms is basically "The Kirijo Group Home For Kids With Fucked-Up Home Lives"

Junpei: "
My dad's a violent alcoholic who beats me regularly and may have killed my mom!
"

Akihiko: "
I'm an orphan, and my little sister died in an orphanage fire!" (Come to think of it, an orphanage fire sounds like a crime an old-timey villain would commit.)

Shinji: "
I am an orphan as well, but I'm also addicted to super-drugs
!"

Ken: "
MAMAAAAAAAAAAA! OOOOOOOO-oooooooooooh!
"

Koro-chan: "
My owner got murked by a car and also I have a horrible, painful scar that denies me the pleasure of tummy rubs.
"

Yukari: "
My daddy died in a Science Accident™ and my mom's a maneater!
"

Mitsuru: "
DARKNESS! NO PARENTS! SUPER RICH! KIND OF MAKES IT BETTER!
"

Makoto/Clara: "
MUH PARENTS
"

Fuuka: "
My parents are a bit overbearing I guess and are setting me on a path to greater success and fortune in life.
"

Screw you, Fuuka. Your problems are the smallest of potatoes.

CorvoSol

Koro-chan: "
My owner got murked by a car and also I have a horrible, painful scar that denies me the pleasure of tummy rubs.
"

TBH this is quite possibly the darkest, gravest, and most horrible lot in life that any of these characters has. Can you imagine what it must be like to be a dog and
be deprived of experiencing tummy rubs?
That's like being crippled, incapable of enjoying sex, and being allergic to good food and fun all at the same time for a dog.

Being Koro is suffering.

Necrovex

TBH this is quite possibly the darkest, gravest, and most horrible lot in life that any of these characters has. Can you imagine what it must be like to be a dog and
be deprived of experiencing tummy rubs?
That's like being crippled, incapable of enjoying sex, and being allergic to good food and fun all at the same time for a dog.

Being Koro is suffering.

Koro can still get it on though, so it's not complete despair.

Persona 5: Prepare to Get Fucked Edition

The P5 crew will participate in an orgy this time around.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I noticed this in P4G portraits as well but what is that rainbowy tint near the middle of her body?

Probably from the coloring/shadowing or something. I don't think there's any hidden meaning.

I mean, at least she's wearing actual clothes now instead of... whatever the hell it was she wore in P3.

kewlmyc

Probably from the coloring/shadowing or something. I don't think there's any hidden meaning.

I mean, at least she's wearing actual clothes now instead of... whatever the hell it was she wore in P3.

Hey, she rocked that curtain she wore in P3. Don't hate.

CorvoSol

Someone (i.e. You) should write a book on how all dogs, excluding one, are unable to get tummy rubs now.; it'll be the equivalent of Saramago's Blindness.

If I write it in beef gravy and peanut butter, the universal language of dogs, it will be the NY Times #1 best seller in the "For Dogs" category.

CorvoSol

I though it was
no scratching or rubbing behind the ears.

That's a philosophical debate amongst Dogalogions and Pedadogs. Which of the two great sufferings was the most terrible endured by the Son of Dog.

In other news, I blew 1,200,000 yen in the game buying 2 bikinis, a pair of swim trunks and a sun-dress. But it was all worth it for these conversations:

"Hey it's all girls here, what gives?"
"My files tell me this is what they call "a harem." They also say it is a "typical male power fantasy."
"I see."
"I don't see any problem with it. Makoto clearly chose this party because it offered the best combat balance."

As an aside, however, Mitsuru was all "I need a good, understandable reason for why you ordered me to fight wearing this, otherwise these clothes are-*blush*." This is what you get for giving a teenage boy the power to control what you wear, Mitsuru. This is what you get. Also as team leader I order you to go tell Chihiro she needs to stop being mad at me for stealing her sacred first kiss at an inappropriate time in the relationship.

That's a philosophical debate amongst Dogalogions and Pedadogs. Which of the two great sufferings was the most terrible endured by the Son of Dog.

In other news, I blew 1,200,000 yen in the game buying 2 bikinis, a pair of swim trunks and a sun-dress. But it was all worth it for these conversations:

"Hey it's all girls here, what gives?"
"My files tell me this is what they call "a harem." They also say it is a "typical male power fantasy."
"I see."
"I don't see any problem with it. Makoto clearly chose this party because it offered the best combat balance."

As an aside, however, Mitsuru was all "I need a good, understandable reason for why you ordered me to fight wearing this, otherwise these clothes are-*blush*." This is what you get for giving a teenage boy the power to control what you wear, Mitsuru. This is what you get. Also as team leader I order you to go tell Chihiro she needs to stop being mad at me for stealing her sacred first kiss at an inappropriate time in the relationship.

none of those are in P3FES

Top Bottom