• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

Oh yeah Dantis, there was also this... >.>

That's just the same thing again, just posted on my Tumblr, like I said.

The way you guys talk about it, you'd think I'd posted videos of myself crying and swearing about The Persona Team on Youtube.

That's just the same thing again, just posted on my Tumblr, like I said.

The way you guys talk about it, you'd think I'd posted videos of myself crying and swearing about The Persona Team on Youtube.

The only reason we can't find them is because you put them under unlisted.

Hey at least he did the typical thing. I went into shell shock and just started laughing at my own misfortune!

p4a_yukiko_laugh.gif

labrys-gif-by-me.gif
labrys-scream.gif

Omikaru

The lady doing the news report was pretty annoying, but everything else was great

That was hilarious. It was the announcements that upset me. No Persona 5, and the only RPG was a (region locked) 3DS game. I explained in detail before why the troll was awesome; making us think only three games were announced. It was superb.

Was a major FML moment for me. D:

Dantis

That was hilarious. It was the announcements that upset me. No Persona 5, and the only RPG was a (region locked) 3DS game. I explained in detail before why the troll was awesome; making us think only three games were announced. It was superb.

Was a major FML moment for me. D:

The only bit that pissed me off was not seeing any P5. I'd been laughing at it all and joking, then the trailer shows, and I literally shouted "OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING!".

And then "Directed by Katsura Hashino"

O_O

"Art Direction by Shigenori Soejima"

O_____O

"Music by Shoji Meguro"

O___________O

"Coming at the end of next year. Please be excited. Bye!"

YOU BASTARDS.

Salty Megami Tensei

Oh, the prototype title for Persona 4 Arena.

Joking aside, these reaction gifs are hilarious. The event would have only been made better if everyone was all together in one location huddled around a computer, maybe some alcohol for members of age. The facial reactions alone would have been priceless.

To be fair to Dantis, most of us were pretty upset during portions of that livestream.
Pretty much I bet this is the music that was playing in everyone's minds.during the stream, while this was playing somewhere in deepest bowels of ATLUS JP
That announcement and everyone's reaction as someone said once on the Slink podcast after the announcement was truly a carnival of stupid all around.

Moonlight

Banned
I think my favourite part was Teddie talking about nothing for like, ten minutes. I think that got me even angrier than the old woman, haha.

I think my favourite part was Teddie talking about nothing for like, ten minutes. I think that got me even angrier than the old woman, haha.

Teddie and his awkward movements(and him failing at advertising, ATTACK OF THE 50ft Teddie anyone) were amusing. The old woman was just the icing on the cake, she was more amusing than infuriating. I think what didn't help was that a lot of people stayed or got up early to watch the stream and that's how we ended up with that whole mess of reactions.

Lunar15

I will forever love Atlus for doing it like they did. Jeff Gerstmann put it best: The wait has been long enough that they had to put on some kind of ridiculous show. And a show it was. I'll never forget it. It was great, there were feels, we felt true insanity there for a second. We faced our shadows and then accepted them all in the course of an hour and a half. I regret nothing.

I think I did utter nearly every curse word known to man throughout it though. I really wish I had been in the IRC.

kewlmyc

I am kind of disappointed that P5 is so far out still. I think that was the only bad thing about the announcement.

Considering it was the first mention of it, I don't think it's that far off at all. Look at other games in the genre like KHIII. Got announced with a gameplay trailer, but is probably 3 years away.

Considering it was the first mention of it, I don't think it's that far off at all. Look at other games in the genre like KHIII. Got announced with a gameplay trailer, but is probably 3 years away.

I would not call Kingdom Hearts III a JRPG, an Action RPG maybe, but I see your point. At least Atlus put down a release window for Japan. Unlike Square Enix, building up hype only to let us be disappointed.

Levito

Banned
The truth is, if you're the kind of person that posts on a Persona community thread daily--you're going to buy every spin off game regardless if you state otherwise.

Ev-ery-ooooone.

Squire

Banned
Who is going to buy the dancing game?. I am curious about it but Miku might end up getting my coins in that department.

whynotboth.jpeg?

Seriously, I'll get Miku and P4D.

I think the fact that they're remixing the music bothers me more than the potential setlist.

How does everyone feel about that? I mean, they're obviously going to make the songs more dancey and whatnot, and in the process kind of alter the sound of the song completely, right? Meguro's stuff is actually pretty weird sounding next to commercial music, even at its most poppy level, so I find it kind of strange that they're remixing it at all.

It's like they're saying "We know most of our fans love this music, so we're making a game based around that. The music is different though.".

It sounds like you're confused about what a remix is though. If it sounds completely different, that's what it is - a completely different song. They have to remix them since it's a dancing game, so nobody should really be disappointed by that, as it's implicit in the deal. I mean, Heaven is in the game and you can't dance to that, as great as it is. I think the songs will convert quite well, especially when they're using actual known musicians to do it with Meguro supervising.

That stream was what got me into Persona. I had nothing to do on that sunday morning, so I decided to watch that, knowing nothing about Persona (Or SMT in general). It was fun watching the twitch chat during the whole ordeal :D

A week after the stream I started playing P4 on the PS2(no vita :[ ), and then P3:FES... and then P4A...

And now the long wait for P5... Hopefully I will own both a 3ds and a Vita by the time P5 is out so I can play the rest of the announced games. And Golden.

Dantis

It sounds like you're confused about what a remix is though. If it sounds completely different, that's what it is - a completely different song. They have to remix them since it's a dancing game, so nobody should really be disappointed by that, as it's implicit in the deal. I mean, Heaven is in the game and you can't dance to that, as great as it is. I think the songs will convert quite well, especially when they're using actual known musicians to do it with Meguro supervising.

This is absolutely not true.

The best remixes are when artists take an existing track and put their own spin on it.

Here's an example of a song I listen to all the time, where I can't stand the remixes:

Conjure One - Still Holding On

And now the main remix that was released as a single, authorised by the composer, the record label etc.

Still Holding On (Arisen Flame Remix)

It is, essentially, a completely different track. But it's a remix because it utilises the arrangement, instrumentation and vocals of the original track.

They're called remixes because they're exactly that, an alternate mix of a track.

CorvoSol

The truth is, if you're the kind of person that posts on a Persona community thread daily--you're going to buy every spin off game regardless if you state otherwise.

Ev-ery-ooooone.

Well so far that sounds true of me, haha. I want P4A and P4A2, and P4D, so yeah, sounds about right.

Although I'm hesitant to buy P4A until I know that P4A2 isn't going to be like DFF2, and contain the entirety of P4A in itself.

Sophia

Square Enix (and by extension Kingdom Hearts) are an anomaly in the industry, not really the norm. Safe to say I have no interest in it either because it has taken far too long to come out. :p

And Atlus games are usually announced much closer to release, so Persona 5 is kind of an anomaly itself actually.... once the game is released I hope they tell us about the development cycle of it.

Squire

Banned
This is absolutely not true.

The best remixes are when artists take an existing track and put their own spin on it.

Here's an example of a song I listen to all the time, where I can't stand the remixes:

Conjure One - Still Holding On

And now the main remix that was released as a single, authorised by the composer, the record label etc.

Still Holding On (Arisen Flame Remix)

It is, essentially, a completely different track. But it's a remix because it utilises the arrangement, instrumentation and vocals of the original track.

They're called remixes because they're exactly that, an alternate mix of a track.

So, then not a completely different song. Read your own post back and tell me I'm wrong again. Remixes are remixes and different songs are different songs.

Sophia

That remix has had a slight genre shift too, Dantis, which might be why you don't like. The original is Electronica Ambient, where as the remix has been shifted more to Techno/Club.

Personally I think both are pretty great; which version I'd want to listen to would depend on my mood.

Dantis

So, then not a completely different song. Read your own post back and tell me I'm wrong again. Remixes are remixes and different songs are different songs.

...But I didn't say that it would be a completely different song. I said it would have a completely different sound, like the Conjure One remix I posted.

That remix has had a slight genre shift too, Dantis, which might be why you don't like. The original is Electronica Ambient, where as the remix has been shifted more to Techno/Club.

Personally I think both are pretty great; which version I'd want to listen to would depend on my mood.

Indeed. All of the remixes of Fulber's music get turned into trance or techno after Silence was so popular. :(

If it sounds completely different, that's what it is - a completely different song.

Not a completely different song, but it sure sounds completely different.

...But I didn't say that it would be a completely different song. I said it would have a completely different sound, like the Conjure One remix I posted.

Top Bottom