• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Daimaou

A remix is a song that heavily samples an already existing song.

How much the remix resembles the original song will vary from remix to remix.

There, I just saved you all a page of semantic arguments.

Dantis

To phrase my question in a more friendly way: Is anyone else concerned that in remixing the tracks for Dancing All Night, the original sound will be lost?

Because I really think it could happen.

Gazoinks

To phrase my question in a more friendly way: Is anyone else concerned that in remixing the tracks for Dancing All Night, the original sound will be lost?

Eh. I'd save worrying till we actually hear a track from it. Right now I don't think we know enough about it to really decide either way.

Daimaou

Maybe, some of the remixes on that AT1st dance album were kind of bad, to put it gently.

Edit: As others are saying, though, it's an unknown quantity. I don't personally know anything about any of the remixers.

FluxWaveZ

Have they said so already?

No, barely any console details have been given. However, I'm not familiar with the game you mentioned, but I would say it's extremely rare for any fighting game with an extensive story to have the full story implemented in its sequel. ASW, especially, doesn't do that.

The most I'd expect is perhaps either a brief synopsis of all that happened in P4A or several P4A flashbacks interspersed throughout the story, but no way will the whole 15-25 hour story be back in addition to P4A2's lengthy story.

Sophia

I'm not concerned at all. I have faith that the remixes will fix the game they're creating, as that's usually the case, and the developer has a very positive track record.

Maybe, some of the remixes on that AT1st dance album were kind of bad, to put it gently.

I suspect Atlus and staff had very little to do with the club remix album, actually. Which would explain why it's such a poor quality. Looking at the album's credits, it appears a lot of the arrangements were done with amateur arrangers too.

No, barely any console details have been given. However, I'm not familiar with the game you mentioned, but I would say it's extremely rare for any fighting game with an extensive story to have the full story implemented in its sequel. ASW, especially, doesn't do that.

The most I'd expect is perhaps either a brief synopsis of all that happened in P4A or several P4A flashbacks interspersed throughout the story, but no way will the whole 15-25 hour story be back in addition to P4A2's lengthy story.

I think the closest they've ever done to that was BBCS Extend having a condensed version of BBCT's story mode. I mean I won't rule out the possibility if Atlus requests it, and I'd personally like it myself, but it's unlikely.

So do any of the main characters in P4 actually pass the school dress code?

And what is up with Yasogami High and its terrible faculty? The only teacher I recall being not completely terrible/pants on head insane was the gym/English teacher.

It's been like three days since I beat it and I haven't really been able to move on to anything else yet.

Lunar15

I think the remix of Pursuing my True Self was pretty great.

I dunno, it's a dancing game with electronic music. The songs are going to be modified pretty heavily to fit an entirely different tempo. Will you like the music? I don't know! It kind of depends on whether you like electro-jpop. (I'm assuming not that much). Point is, I wouldn't waste any time worrying about this. You'll probably dislike some remixes and like others.

They had a bunch of different popular artists do remakes of the Katamari soundtracks for Katamari Forever, and I think most of those came out pretty great. Maybe this'll be the same.

Gazoinks

And what is up with Yasogami High and its terrible faculty? The only teacher I recall being not completely terrible/pants on head insane was the gym/English teacher.

It's been like three days since I beat it and I haven't really been able to move on to anything else yet.
It's even goofier in P3. P4's a small town school so you can see it being lax about its dress code and faculty. P3 is a fancy private school in a big city, and yet everyone still customizes their uniforms and the faculty is still insane.

Dantis

I think the remix of Pursuing my True Self was pretty great.

I dunno, it's a dancing game with electronic music. The songs are going to be modified pretty heavily to fit an entirely different tempo. Will you like the music? I don't know! It kind of depends on whether you like electro-jpop. (I'm assuming not that much). Point is, I wouldn't waste any time worrying about this. You'll probably dislike some remixes and like others.

They had a bunch of different popular artists do remakes of the Katamari soundtracks for Katamari Forever, and I think most of those came out pretty great. Maybe this'll be the same.

I remember liking the Pursuing My True Self remix at the time.

BRB, gonna go listen again.

EDIT: Okay, so giving it a proper listen, it's pretty much exactly what I asking. On the one hand, it doesn't really have the same sound as the original, but I guess it's decent enough and similar enough that it doesn't matter.

Also Teddie isn't listed in the playable characters. Weird.

Dress codes can be extremely flexible, for example public high schools in my county have "uniform" but it's largely ignored

And what is up with Yasogami High and its terrible faculty? The only teacher I recall being not completely terrible/insane was the gym/English teacher.
Except for the fact that he's not qualified at all to teach English and they only hired him for the job because of the fact that he's been abroad before on vacation.

It's even goofier in P3. P4's a small town school so you can see it being lax about its dress code and faculty. P3 is a fancy private school in a big city, and yet everyone still customizes their uniforms and the faculty is still insane.

Gekkoukan High is just a front for Edogawa's drug dealing business.

Sophia

No, but Meguro isn't doing the OST.

I am certain Atlus's sound team is overseeing the project, Meguro included. They'd have to be if they're getting acts like Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura.

Komuro himself is one of the most successful producers in the Japanese industry.

I'm not sure how Fuuka gets away with her outfit, but the rest of the cast members don't really break the dress code all that much. Mitusuru and Akihiko have chosen to not wear the jacket (extremely common in any school with a uniform) and Yukari is simply wearing a cardigan over the uniform in place of the jacket.

CorvoSol

I never got the impression that King Moron was a bad teacher, just that he was a bad human being.

So far I gotta say the educators in P4 seem way more trustworthy. The homeroom teacher in P3 just chucks books to the side and is like "Fuck this I want to talk about what I want to talk about" and the Samurai guy is like "Fucking Stone Age didn't have no Katana because Chrono Trigger never happened."

Worst of all is the so-called Nurse who literally gave an entire lecture ON MAGIC, WIZARDS, AND MEDITATION. Shit got weird when prayer became part of his lesson on wizards.

Gazoinks

So far I gotta say the educators in P4 seem way more trustworthy. The homeroom teacher in P3 just chucks books to the side and is like "Fuck this I want to talk about what I want to talk about" and the Samurai guy is like "Fucking Stone Age didn't have no Katana because Chrono Trigger never happened."

Worst of all is the so-called Nurse who literally gave an entire lecture ON MAGIC, WIZARDS, AND MEDITATION. Shit got weird when prayer became part of his lesson on wizards.

The best part about the nurse is that he has a 2 for 2 record on weird rambling lectures that end up being important to the plot.

What if he's Philemon.

Dress codes can be extremely flexible, for example public high schools in my county have "uniform" but it's largely ignored
Hm, yeah, it's not touched upon much at all. Though Naoto does say that the way she dresses is against the school dress code. Not that the school seems to give a shit. Which reminds me--did the school do any research on Naoto at all? Or did Naoto falsify her background, or what?
Except for the fact that he's not qualified at all to teach English and they only hired him for the job because of the fact that he's been abroad before on vacation.
Haha, forgot about that part.
I never got the impression that King Moron was a bad teacher, just that he was a bad human being.
I got that impression as well. Same for Kashiwagi--though less on being a terrible person and more just not being someone who should be let near high school students.

Sophia

Hm, yeah, it's not touched upon much at all. Though Naoto does say that the way she dresses is against the school dress code. Not that the school seems to give a shit. Which reminds me--did the school do any research on Naoto at all? Or did Naoto falsify her background, or what?

Probably just ignored because it wasn't worth causing a scene over. She was wearing the uniform, technically. In a real life situation it'd be a gamble if you could get away with that.

Although I'm not sure why she couldn't just wear stockings or leggings if the skirt bothered her that much. Most of us girls do that if we're bothered. ><;

CorvoSol

Haha, forgot about that part.

I got that impression as well. Same for Kashiwagi--though less on being a terrible person and more just not being someone who should be let near high school students.
Naoto enters the Miss Yasogami paegant, so I figure that cat is well out of the bag.

Yeah, Kashiwagi isn't really that bad, she's just a Mary Kay Letourneau waiting to happen is all.

Naoto enters the Miss Yasogami paegant, so I figure that cat is well out of the bag.
I had assumed the school learned of Naoto's secret around the same time everyone else in the school did (presumably through the Midnight Channel? Either that, or one of the members of the Investigation Team has a hard time keeping their mouth shut), if they didn't know it from the beginning. I always thought it was funny how little Naoto seemed to care once everyone knew. The lengths she goes through to disguise it suggest she'd care more.

Soriku

I think the fact that they're remixing the music bothers me more than the potential setlist.

How does everyone feel about that? I mean, they're obviously going to make the songs more dancey and whatnot, and in the process kind of alter the sound of the song completely, right? Meguro's stuff is actually pretty weird sounding next to commercial music, even at its most poppy level, so I find it kind of strange that they're remixing it at all.

It's like they're saying "We know most of our fans love this music, so we're making a game based around that. The music is different though.".

Everyone has heard the originals like a gazillion times by now so I think remixes are fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sayoko's Social Link was weird how it like completely shifted gears halfway through. She went from like trying to eat me to crazy workaholic because some kid died with no real bridge between the gaps there.

Apparently I misinterpreted that route. When she propositions you, you have the option to accept her advances and then the screen goes dark, which I assumed meant she was giving you a BJ, but apparently that was all in my mind.

Dantis

So I was pretty bored of seeing my face on here, so I was going through my pictures seeig what I could use an avatar. Saw y Frozen picture, which I actually think came out really well, and thought "Yeah, this will probably work.".

Resized it aaaaaand... well, kudos to who spots the error with the way the image is cropped:

jn5EL4G.png

It looks like she's wearing no clothes.

So I went with the OT3 picture. I'm not sure how I feel about having an anime girl as an avatar, but I haven't actually drawn a decent picture of one of the male characters in a while...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So I was pretty bored of seeing my face on here, so I was going through my pictures seeig what I could use an avatar. Saw y Frozen picture, which I actually think came out really well, and thought "Yeah, this will probably work.".

I was getting tired of seeing your face myself. :p

So I went with the OT3 picture. I'm not sure how I feel about having an anime girl as an avatar, but I haven't actually drawn a decent picture of one of the male characters in a while...

Oh come on...

PK Gaming

Apparently I misinterpreted that route. When she propositions you, you have the option to accept her advances and then the screen goes dark, which I assumed meant she was giving you a BJ, but apparently that was all in my mind.
Nah, the common consensus is that she gives you a happy birthday.

Squire

Banned
I probably shouldn't interject like that, since it's amazingly rude, but the nature of language makes semantic arguments the absolute worst.

It's fine. That's exactly what it was.

No. Atlus isn't going to let any of the artists push their take that far.

Top Bottom