• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Wait, there's a new version of FFIV coming out?! GIMME GIMME GIMME :D

I think that the iOS version of TAY was the last one they made. But between FF4 and its sequel I bet there are 20 versions out there.

According to Final Fantasy Wiki, there are about 9 distinct versions of FF4. It is available on 11 different platforms. Final Fantasy 4 The After Years is available on 5 different platforms and there are 4 distinct versions of the game. The Interlude is only available with Complete Collection versions, meaning that you can only play it on 2 platforms, but it's the same version.

So that's about 13 versions of the game and its sequels.

I think that the iOS version of TAY was the last one they made. But between FF4 and its sequel I bet there are 20 versions out there.

According to Final Fantasy Wiki, there are about 9 distinct versions of FF4. It is available on 11 different platforms. Final Fantasy 4 The After Years is available on 5 different platforms and there are 4 distinct versions of the game. The Interlude is only available with Complete Collection versions, meaning that you can only play it on 2 platforms, but it's the same version.

So that's about 13 versions of the game and its sequels.

Oh trust me, I'm well aware of how many versions of FFIV there are~ I've played most all of them, as it's my favorite FF games (Armada's too!). I was just being funny before... ;D

On another subject entirely, I decided to make some Persona x Danganronpa wallpapers for some of the P2 cast, seeing as ISPSP might be taken down from the PSN...

Tatsuya:

tatsuya_suou___persona_x_danganronpa_by_darkside989-d79k0tc.jpg

Maya:

Ulala:

As always, the P2 renders are courtesy of the personaslave tumblr! Also, big thanks to buddha for coming up with the "Ultimate" titles for these! :D

Oh trust me, I'm well aware of how many versions of FFIV there are~ I've played most all of them, as it's my favorite FF games (Armada's too!). I was just being funny before... ;D

On another subject entirely, I decided to make some Persona x Danganronpa wallpapers for some of the P2 cast, seeing as ISPSP might be taken down from the PSN...

Tatsuya:

Maya:

Ulala:

As always, the P2 renders are courtesy of the personaslave tumblr! Also, big thanks to buddha for coming up with the "Ultimate" titles for these! :D

Those are awesome :)

CorvoSol

I think 6 and 7 beat 4 out for me, but 4 is still one of my favorites. You should come to FF GAF some time and help me defend its honor. People over there always rank it as one of the worst in the series.

Squire

Banned
The P3 portraits are a bit funky for sure. I thought you meant Soejima's art in general.

Soejima's P3 art was much less precise, less 'cute' and more deformed than his newer stuff.

For sure. We've talked about how obvious Soejima's improvement is across the games he's worked on.

Do I want FFX HD on Vita or PS3? I can't decide.

PS3 version looks and runs better, if you are going to only play it home, might as well just get it on PS3.

^^^This is what I'm doing, although I am going to get the Vita version later. Thinking I want to play X on PS3, X-2 on Vita.

PK Gaming

Tatsuya:

Maya:

Ulala:

Ok, Tatsuya's might just be my favorite

So good!

CorvoSol said:
I guess Fuuka has parents but its hard to tell if asexual life-forms call the amoeba they divided from "Mom" or "Pop." And while I'm not sure, I kind of worry that Mitsuru's mother is Ragyo Kiryuin, hence her absence from everywhere.

#DEADERTHANDEAD

Taruranto

Tatsuya:

Maya:

Ulala:

Nice, may use them on my PSP.

arue

Tatsuya:

Maya:

Ulala:

Is that all the available renders for for Persona 2? I thought personaslave would make more :O

These are very good by the way, I like Maya's color scheme.

Fuuka has the least dark family compared to the rest; but damn, the SEES members really had it rough.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n1ylehKaRu1rpsmato3_250.png

tumblr_n1ylehKaRu1rpsmato4_250.png

"Unfortunately there can be no doubt that man is, on the whole, less good than he imagines himself or wants to be. Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. If an inferiority is conscious, one always has a chance to correct it. Furthermore, it is constantly in contact with other interests, so that it is continually subjected to modifications. But if it is repressed and isolated from consciousness, it never gets corrected."
- C. G. Jung

CorvoSol

Speaking of, are their Shadow Selves in P1 and P3? I haven't met any yet.

Oh and I guess I have to start P1 over cuz I messed up and got a nearly no girl party.

Meia

Fuuka is best girl in P3.

Are peeps forgetting that Fuuka was like missing for how long and her parents NEVER reported it? Do you actually think this is indicative of a healthy home life where her only problem is "LOL STUDY MOAR!"? :p

Difference of the rest of the cast: Fuuka doesn't bitch about it.

CorvoSol

Fuuka is best girl in P3.

Are peeps forgetting that Fuuka was like missing for how long and her parents NEVER reported it? Do you actually think this is indicative of a healthy home life where her only problem is "LOL STUDY MOAR!"? :p

Difference of the rest of the cast: Fuuka doesn't bitch about it.

In all fairness, yes, Fuuka does keep the fact that her home life sucks to herself. I kind of get the feeling that all parents in Tatsumi are awful, though, since Saori's parents similarly fucked her over.

Sophia

Speaking of, are their Shadow Selves in P1 and P3? I haven't met any yet.

Oh and I guess I have to start P1 over cuz I messed up and got a nearly no girl party.

In Persona 1, yes. In Persona 3, kind of. To say anything more would be to go into spoilers, of course.

Meia

In all fairness, yes, Fuuka does keep the fact that her home life sucks to herself. I kind of get the feeling that all parents in Tatsumi are awful, though, since Saori's parents similarly fucked her over.

This is something I 100% agree with. P3: NO HAPPY FAMILY EVAR!

CorvoSol

This is something I 100% agree with. P3: NO HAPPY FAMILY EVAR!

Like, Maiko's parents are divorcing, Saori's parents are shipping her off to a prison camp because Mr. Ekoda is the devil and I will burn his house down after vivisecting his family for this, and Fatty McLardbutt's family obviously doesn't care that he's in a New Wave Cult.

So yeah, that's life in Tatsumi City.

Persona 1's opening is kind of funny to me, guys. It's sort of odd to realize that where Makoto and Yu had these epiphanies that granted them power during great moments of need, the power of Persona was first granted to man . . . during a goofy game in a high school one very slow day.

Sophia

Persona 1's opening is kind of funny to me, guys. It's sort of odd to realize that where Makoto and Yu had these epiphanies that granted them power during great moments of need, the power of Persona was first granted to man . . . during a goofy game in a high school one very slow day.

Persona users existed before Persona 1, you know? :p

Happy families make for terrible character arcs.

What's your malfunction?

CorvoSol

Well, I will continue to disregard it for now, then. Got time to kill between here and August for Type-0, and I don't know that P3, SRWZ3, Pokemon X, Bravely Default and DQ4 will hold me over that whole time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well in P4 they largely ignore the characters' families. And to a lesser extent they don't delve as deep into the characters' pasts as P3 does.

The only character you really don't hear much about their family is Chie's.

Every other one runs or owns some sort of business, while not as deep as 3's, it's there for sure.

Acid08

Banned
The only character you really don't hear much about their family is Chie's.

Every other one runs or owns some sort of business, while not as deep as 3's, it's there for sure.
You literally know nothing about Yukiko's family except that they own that inn. Kanji has a couple lines about his mom but nothing really. You know next to nothing about Yosuke's family. And yeah the only thing you know about Chie's family is that they want a new TV.

You don't hear much about any of their families. Naoto's family may actually be the most fleshed out because of her slink.

The focus on family and the past isn't even comparable between the two games.

CorvoSol

You literally know nothing about Yukiko's family except that they own that inn. Kanji has a couple lines about his mom but nothing really. You know next to nothing about Yosuke's family. And yeah the only thing you know about Chie's family is that they want a new TV.

You don't hear much about any of their families. Naoto's family may actually be the most fleshed out because of her slink.

Oh, now, that's not entirely true.

You know a bit more than that about Yukiko and Kanji's families. Specifically you know that Yukiko's mom is overworked and you know a fair bit about Kanji's mom's personality from what Kanji says about her, about how she's a patient, hard-working woman who had to raise a rough and tumble son after her husband died.

It's not MUCH, I warrant, but it is somewhat more than the little you've mentioned. The overall point is right, though. P3 talks way more about parents and pasts than P4.

The reason P4 probably doesn't talk about pasts though is because nobody in P4 has a very interesting past, so to speak. While Kanji and Naoto have lost parents, pretty much the whole party comes from relatively normal, healthy families.

Not like P3's circus of orphans.

EMT0

Banned

I think you're misremembering things considering that you actually do have some dialogue with Kanji's mom as well as Kanji always returning to his family as the root of his mental holdups. Yosuke's individual family members no, but you do learn about them as a unit a fair bit through context.

You know as much as I like Yukiko she's probably the most boring character in the game, I mean koromaru has more dept and personality, and all he does is bark. That's how I feel though

Sophia

You know as much as I like Yukiko she's probably the most boring character in the game, I mean koromaru has more dept and personality, and all he does is bark. That's how I feel though

Sharing Yukiko's personality traits myself, I take offense to this! We have plenty of personality when we're not laughing uncontrollably.....

Top Bottom