• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Is any party member actually in standard dress? No one but Yukari has that pink uniform. Junpei's hat? Akihiko's bright red vest? Aigis' headband? Main dude, just like Yosuke, somehow gets away with wearing headphones during class at all times.

At least Mitsuru can argue that she doesn't know how plebs are supposed to dress.

*You need to be a genius just to date her*
*She doesn't know how to eat ramen.*

They actually wear the correct uniform, except Fuuka. Yukari just has a cardigan over her uniform, Mitsuru has forgone the jacket, as has Akihiko, and apparently the teachers don't care if you wear headphones in class so as long as you're not bothering anyone. :p

Posting again just because I didn't realize I hit the exact bottom of the page:

Too lazy to post all the text to go with them, so you can go to the actual tumblr post to see it, but here's the first Persona design:
tumblr_n2ijq3dAIp1tt73w0o1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_n2ijq3dAIp1tt73w0o2_r1_1280.png

CorvoSol

They actually wear the correct uniform, except Fuuka. Yukari just has a cardigan over her uniform, Mitsuru has forgone the jacket, as has Akihiko, and apparently the teachers don't care if you wear headphones in class so as long as you're not bothering anyone. :p

I don't know how grumpy child abuser Mr. Ekoda abides by head phones in class.

After we beat the final boss Clara is gonna torch his house as revenge for her ladybros.

PK Gaming

Too lazy to post all the text to go with them, so you can go to the actual tumblr post to see it, but here's the first Persona design:

Yo, somebody give tag this man. Soejima's protege

Jokes aside, I'm loving how you drew the Persona alongside Saki, and I like how you showed us a couple of poses/rough drafts. That, in addition to the comments made your post super reminiscent of Soejima's design-work comments.

ramyeon

Really nice. I love that I can see some of Kaneko's influence in your designs but at the same time they're your own thing. Good stuff.

Amazing. A little unrelated but you don't read JoJo do you? If you do I'd love too see you draw some stands.

10/10, would have in party.
I am putting in a formal request for Funky Student.

Seconding that.

arue

Posting again just because I didn't realize I hit the bottom of the page:

This is amazing. Somehow I get the feeling that she's specialized in fire spells. Can't wait for the next one!

CorvoSol

Psht. You guys made that Jotun of Good Grieving out to be way harder than it was. Now, them cyclops dudes the floor below that, they were crap. Good thing I had Megidolaon!

Sophia

Psht. You guys made that Jotun of Good Grieving out to be way harder than it was. Now, them cyclops dudes the floor below that, they were crap. Good thing I had Megidolaon!

The Jotun of Grief isn't actually all that difficult, it's largely just requires a strategy.

Now the Conceited Maya from The Answer which summons Jotuns of Blood.... that is a real bitch. >_>;

hao chi

Now the Conceited Maya from The Answer which summons Jotuns of Blood.... that is a real bitch. >_>;

If this is the boss I'm thinking of, it's the most annoying boss in either P3: FES.

Well, it was until I
got Surt and spent the first couple of turns buffing everyone so I could take Conceited Maya out in two turns so only one Jotuns of Blood was summoned. The fight was easy once I did that.

Soriku

I did the same with P4 and SMT IV, wasn't tired of the songs when I played the games either.

Me neither, but I love discovering new awesome music in games that I haven't listened to before on Youtube. The Almighty blew me away for this reason, though I heard a little bit of it beforehand.

I definitely want to hear the battle theme, boss theme, maybe one area theme, but that's it.

I hope they have a Jukebox for Catherine and old Persona music btw (maybe Nocturne/DDS music too if they include them like they did In Catherine).

Also, good stuff Mamba.

Aniplex just announced that P3 Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream is coming to theaters in Japan on 6/7/14! There's a new trailer at the official site as well. Following pretty quickly on the heels of both #1 and it's BD/DVD release in May... gives me hope we'll see the third/last part before the end of the year.

Dantis

Aniplex just announced that P3 Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream is coming to theaters in Japan on 6/7/14! There's a new trailer at the official site as well. Following pretty quickly on the heels of both #1 and it's BD/DVD release in May... gives me hope we'll see the third/last part before the end of the year.

Despite not knowing how much I'll like the movie, I am admittedly still very excited.

FluxWaveZ

Awesome. At least we should be getting subs for movie #1 next month.

Just by watching that trailer I definitely believe P3 movie is going to be a whole lot better than P4 animation, just having that beach scene moment and adorable Koromaru at the end hyped me up.

Finally got Thanatos. Turns out the ultimate persona is
Jesus Christ.
Has this Persona/Demon ever been in other SMT games?

No, storyline Personas and Ultimate Personas designs are never reused, and that particular demon has never been used in any of the other games.

Up to 12/30 in Persona 3.

Didn't go to Tartarus all month, felt kind of strange. The game seems aggressively against me S.Linking with anyone at school right now. Two weeks of no go in December due to story and exam related reasons, and, oops, now it's Winter Break. I think I read somewhere you play through until the end of January? I counted out the remaining school days and I counted... fourteen? Holy smokes.

But used up the time to finish the Hanged Man and have started to finish out the Heirophant. The end of the Hanged Man made alarm bells go off in my head.

Do the Christmas Eve scenes change if you are maxed out with the girl in question? I mean, I did it with Mitsuru, who I know is impossible to max out by then, but I was just curious if I missed anything interesting.

Also, had sex with Elizabeth. It's funny how the other similar scenes in question leave a little room for interpretation (of varying degrees) but... nope, that was just sex. No ifs there.

Aigis is now more human. According to my party members, anyway. I know she's a S.Link, but when the heck can you start that damn thing, January? Please tell me it isn't a school related one, I'd have to drop Fuuka to finish that and Mitsuru I think.

Gonna wait until tomorrow for New Years Eve, figured it was going to be a long scene.

Rasen

Banned
Finally got Thanatos. Turns out the ultimate persona is
Jesus Christ.
Has this Persona/Demon ever been in other SMT games?

Well, there's this but it's only been in Devil Summoner 1.

The only time the word "
Jesus
" has ever appeared in MegaTen is in SMT 1, where the best Law-alignment armor set in the game is called
"Jesus Armor," "Jesus Helm"
etc

Top Bottom