• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Holy hell. DLC right?

Famitsu dlc, which never came out here in the US or EU, but will be in P4A2 so we are saved there lol.

xxDRWWO.jpg

kewlmyc

Here are the rest of those dlc colors we never got, unlike the ones that come with the game, which have a ton of P1/2 cameos, these are all P3/4, guess who?

HOLY WALL OF PICTURES, BATMAN!

did I miss anyone?

Or, right Liz, I forgot :p

Yu: Ryoji
Yosuke: Jin
Chie: Fuuka
Yukiko: Yukari
Kanji: Akhihiko
Teddie: Koro-chan
Naoto: Ken
Akihiko: Tayaka
Mitsuru: Margaret
Aigis: Labrys
Elizabeth: Shinji

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
p4afam16.jpg

Here are the rest of those dlc colors we never got, unlike the ones that come with the game, which have a ton of P1/2 cameos, these are all P3/4, guess who?

p4afam5.jpg

p4afam13.jpg

p4afam12.jpg

p4afam10.jpg

p4afam9.jpg

p4afam8.jpg

p4afam7.jpg

p4afam11.jpg

p4afam4.jpg

p4afam6.jpg

did I miss anyone?

Or, right Liz, I forgot :p

p4afam14.jpg

I recognized a few. hmm. lets see
yosuke=Jin Mitsuru=Margret Akihiko=Takaya?

I have also noticed that Yukari's two colors are Lisa Silverman and I think Elizabeth, one of the Sho's (I dunno if both have different colors or the same) has Tatsuya Sudou and Human Teddie, and Junpei has Brown, I dont know his other one.

LX_Theo

Banned
I have also noticed that Yukari's two colors are Lisa Silverman and I think Elizabeth, one of the Sho's (I dunno if both have different colors or the same) has Tatsuya Sudou and Human Teddie, and Junpei has Brown, I dont know his other one.

I looked but I don't see the Lisa one (or any, actually). Anyone mind helping me up with a link or the pictures?

Acid08

Banned
Buddha.....I love this.

Welp.. looks like I'll be rocking Blue-kari In P4U2. Cant wait to see how the new characters handle, as well as the balances for the returning charas. No doubt Aki will still be worthless though
I kid, I just suck with him

Sophia

omg at that Persona movie trailer.

I can hear Lotus Juice doing a title drop in what appears to be the second verse and chorus of the song.

I'm not sure whether I'm gonna be maining green Junpei or black and red Junpei. The former is my favourite colour, but the latter is my favourite colour combination...

By the way, I'm on Origin now for peeps who want to add me. Name's MondoOwada because some git took my usual name.

CorvoSol

Did you finish the game

Not yet. I'm in January's first week. I'll finish up SLinks, do the Christmas/SLink update, and then finish the game.

No, storyline Personas and Ultimate Personas designs are never reused, and that particular demon has never been used in any of the other games.

So there has never been any other
Jesus/Buddha/Messiah
character in the series?

Well, there's this but it's only been in Devil Summoner 1.

The only time the word "
Jesus
" has ever appeared in MegaTen is in SMT 1, where the best Law-alignment armor set in the game is called
"Jesus Armor," "Jesus Helm"
etc

Weird. I thought it was kinda odd in SMT4. Is
YHVH supposed to be the Gnostic Demiurge who was a rebel against the True God, or is he meant to be more just "God is a jerk."

Although, what 1 playthrough of SMT4 taught me was that, jerk or not, God was still more interested in mankind's well-being than the demons were.

Loving the P1 references.

So, in the end, the 3 new characters (I dunno if Persona SHO has his own colors) have:

Yukari Takeba: Lisa Silverman, Yuka Ayase
Junpei Iori: Hidehiko "Brown" Uesugi, Masao "Mark" Inaba (DANCED CRAZY)
Sho Minazuki: Tatsuya Sudou, Human Teddie

Its... Close. But the jacket is much darker on Junpei. Don't know if they'd make that much of a difference.

Any other ideas who it could be?

Keep in mind that the two colors that are Persona colors are everyone's No. 9 and everyone's No. 15. I have no other clue who this could be.

LX_Theo

Banned
Any other ideas who it could be?

Keep in mind that the two colors that are Persona colors are everyone's No. 9 and everyone's No. 15. I have no other clue who this could be.

That's a strong argument. For now I'd chalk it up to being the most likely by a good amount. Its still a bit odd how much darker the jacket is.

Hey guys, let's make the best persona in P4G require you to be an absurdly high level and make it so that it can't be registered to the compendium that way you can't use him for more than maybe a month or two.

Brilliant.

Rasen

Banned
Is
YHVH supposed to be the Gnostic Demiurge who was a rebel against the True God, or is he meant to be more just "God is a jerk."

Although, what 1 playthrough of SMT4 taught me was that, jerk or not, God was still more interested in mankind's well-being than the demons were.

No, the
Demiurge is a seperate entity. You actually learn in Strange Journey how the Demiurge and YHVH are connected, it's pretty interesting. And gotta disagree with you, YHVH DEFINITELY is less supportive of mankind than Lucifer throughout the series. Keep in mind that YHVH was implied to be the one who let the Yamato Perpetual Reactor open the Expanse, letting the demonic invasion begin.

CorvoSol

No, the
Demiurge is a seperate entity. You actually learn in Strange Journey how the Demiurge and YHVH are connected, it's pretty interesting. And gotta disagree with you, YHVH DEFINITELY is less supportive of mankind than Lucifer throughout the series. Keep in mind that YHVH was implied to be the one who let the Yamato Perpetual Reactor open the Expanse, letting the demonic invasion begin.

SMT4 SPOILERS I'M SORRY EURODUDES.

Well I can't speak for the whole series, but in SMT4 it certainly struck me that Law was better than Chaos. I mean, Law wasn't great, but at least
Jonathon could acknowledge that he was doing bad things for a good cause. And keeping the people of Mikado alive and safe, even if somewhat repressed, was a far better cause than what Jonathon had in mind. I mean, Walter was all "I'm going to make a totally free world! SIKE! I meant to say I'm going to make a world ruled by the strong and not the weak. And I have no justification for this, I just feel like doing it!" Plus the demons' plan was to feed off of humans forever and ever. God's plan was going to sacrifice a relatively small number of humans to save others and restart the world. Nobody would be drinking juice from anybody's skull in God's world, so I figure it's the better of two crap cases. I mean, when you defeat Walter and Jonathon they even leave behind those Spirit things. Walter leaves Spite because he's a shitty, spiteful, miserable asshole who deserved a worse death than he got, but Jonathon left behind goodwill because even though he was doing horrible things, he was trying to accomplish some good through them.

PERSONA 3 PORTABLE CHRISTMAS TO MID JANUARY SPOILER SLINK STRAVAGANZA!!!!!!

Let's start with Makoto, shall we? Feel pretty proud of our little Bravo this time around. I mean, he finally romanced basically every single woman he could get to know! Including his teacher! Which was horrifying. Anyway, after receiving that confidence boost from older women like "Maya" and Elizabeth, our intrepid young hero set to school to finish getting some. After eating a million rice balls he managed to finally hook up with Fuuka! Who did not put out. So he turned around and hooked up with Yukari! Who did not put out. Undaunted, our hero decided to try his hands with robot girl. I mean, she had to have some kind of . . . outlet or something, right What began as just another attempt to score some chrome booty quickly became one of the game's best Social Links. While I appreciate the added element of forbidden lesbian romance in the female version of this SLink, I really actually preferred the male version, since I kind of felt that Aigis feeling frustrated at not being male in addition to not being human was a bit too complicated to buy into. But I really appreciated that the Social Link meshed perfectly with the theme of death and how to face it that has sort of popped up since October in the game, and I think that Aigis' slowly awakening to her feelings and the frustrations they brought before she could even fully understand them was excellent. While I think Teddie certainly remains the champion of "becomes human" Social Links, there's simply no contesting that Aigis blows Marie's out of the water as the better Aeon Social Link.

That said that has to have been the most unusual sexual encounter our hero has ever had. I could make numerous jokes here, but I think that, unorthodox as that moment was, we'll let our hero have his privacy. Makoto Bravo's truest triumph came during the Christmas season. He must've hit Empress Rank 5 or 6 the day before Christmas, so Mitsuru had already confided in him that she was feeling conflicted on her upcoming wedding, and that Christmas date must've sealed the deal. One assumes that the Gods must've taken pity on Makoto that night or something. Meanwhile, Clara, in spite of Akihiko being her boyfriend, somehow only got invited to Yukari's incredibly lame "Girls' Night" Christmas party with Fuuka. That her -recently discovered to be- brother had a more romantic night than her no doubt consumes her to the core.

Oh, Ryoji came buy and he was all "HEY GUYS WANNA KILL ME?" And everybody was like "You have 8 SLink ranks to go, you're not dying."

Also, even though Valentine's Day is neither here nor there, Makoto Bravo composed the following Valentine for Clara:

In retaliation, Clara published Makoto's score-card for the entire dorm to read:

Now, Clara herself got into some trouble after Christmas as rumors began flying around that she had taken on MULTIPLE SUGAR DADDIES!! I mean, girl was spending an AWFUL lot of time with older men in the vicinity of Paulownia Mall. A middle aged business man, a 20 something barfly, and even a lecherous, carnal monk! Needless to say the entire dorm was alight with the rumors all month long. I should take a moment to pay attention to one such Sugar Daddy.

Qv9y3iz.jpg

I've never even played Catherine and I know who this is. Guess Catherine is part of the Persona Canon now.

So it turns out that what was really happening was that Clara was playing her sugar daddies to get something more meaningful done. Tanaka thought he'd swindled 40k yen out of her, but really she's managed to guilt him into getting a book published. A book about a pink alligator. Mutatsu, crusty old monk that he was, rekindled his faith in Buddha after their conversations and reading the book and agreed to perform the funeral services for Akinari, who I'm guess kicked off. Really liked that Social Link, especially since I knew that Nanako would be reading that book in a couple of years.

There is no justification for her flirting with Vincent Brooks. Clara's just a shameless flirt. As further evidence, JUNPEI IORI FINALLY CONFESSED TO HAVING FEELINGS FOR OUR LEADING LADY!!

MKueIdO.gif

Right before he totally shut her down. So much for Makeout Rooftop being the best place, huh? Speaking of romantic options, SOMETHING VERY UNCOMFORTABLE HAPPENED as I realized the game actually allowed for Clara to be a shotacon if she wanted to. Yeah. We shut that shit down fast. It's one thing to cheat on Shinji with his best friend if he's comatose. It's one thing to tease Junpei until he's fessed up. It's one thing to have sex with Theo if nobody can prove he actually exists. But the minute Ken was like "I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU." Clara was immediately like "AKIHIKO IS MY BOYFRIEND I AM SO SORRY." So we go from Sugar Daddies to Friendzones and don't forget science "experiments" with robot girls. Aren't you supposed to wait until college to enter this phase, young lady?

That about wraps it up, I think. We found out Hidetoshi wasn't as much of a creep as he appeared. We laughed at the idea of Bebe being a French Weeaboo who says "Hasta La Vista." Maiko moved away with her mom. We finished the Persimmon Tree one, which was another touching Social Link. Actually some of the OG P3 ones turned out not to be so bad. Specifically Maiko, Akinari, Mamoru, the old couple and Mutatsu.

Oh and we finished Photography club. That shit was terribad.

Top Bottom