• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

I seriously have the hardest time picking parties in these games. Next time they need to make some unlikable party members so it's easier. :p

Mononoke

Banned
I'd definitely go for the female protag route once you finish FES. There's a significant amount of new S.Links, along with some other changes, and they're a bit more consistent than the ones in FES. More experienced team and such.

Probably a good idea to not do it immediately though, don't want to get burned out.

Alright cool. I'm going to miss the fact that I can't romance any of the female characters. But I hear you can do a lot more with social links with this character. So I'm excited to see the game from a different perspective. And yeah, I'll probably wait a couple months then. As you said, don't want to get burnt out.

pan-hime

also got this book
844636806.jpg

hao chi

I'd definitely go for the female protag route once you finish FES. There's a significant amount of new S.Links, along with some other changes, and they're a bit more consistent than the ones in FES. More experienced team and such.

Probably a good idea to not do it immediately though, don't want to get burned out.

Plus her music is sooo good.

And what he should have done is play through the game with both a male and female protagonist at the same time.

Mononoke

Banned
Kids, are you talking about anime in here?

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Was just asking if the Persona Animation would be good to show my family. I've seen the Animation before, but forgot how dependent understanding the story is on having played the game (if non-fans could follow the plot). Then it kind of spun out to different discussions. I'm going to go ahead and show my family the animation tonight, so I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Was just asking if the Persona Animation would be good to show my family. I've seen the Animation before, but forgot how dependent understanding the story is on having played the game (if non-fans could follow the plot). Then it kind of spun out to different discussions. I'm going to go ahead and show my family the animation tonight, so I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Don't worry about it, it's just part of my shtick.

FluxWaveZ

You both have awful memories. It was in Mitsuru's trailer.

Wait, that? I think I must have skipped a lot of the conversation, because I was referring to the first song that's played during Naoto's trailer. I definitely remember the song you pointed out.

Ah, I see you guys were strictly talking about the "battle theme." Yeah, this for sure isn't the first time we heard it. It might have even been played during a trailer other than Naoto's and Mitsuru's.

Sophia

Wait, that? I think I must have skipped a lot of the conversation, because I was referring to the first song that's played during Naoto's trailer. I definitely remember the song you pointed out.

Ah, I see you guys were strictly talking about the "battle theme." Yeah, this for sure isn't the first time we heard it. It might have even been played during a trailer other than Naoto's and Mitsuru's.

Yeah, Dantis said "New Battle theme" after all. :S

The other song in Naoto's trailer is technically new too, but it's so bad I don't caaare about it!

At any rate, this means only Dantis has an awful memory. >.>;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, Mitsuru's Christmas Eve date is really weird, particularly given the highest you can possibly be at that point is Rank 4.

Dantis

Man, Mitsuru's Christmas Eve date is really weird, particularly given the highest you can possibly be at that point is Rank 4.

I've never seen it. I don't even remember there being Christmas Eve events on P3, haha!

Is that when you go to the festival, or is that something else?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never seen it. I don't even remember there being Christmas Eve events on P3, haha!

Is that when you go to the festival, or is that something else?

No, there's a Christmas Eve date. I'm not sure if taking Koromaru on a walk with the girls is a pre-req. or not (since I always take the dog out if he says he wants to). But leading up to Christmas Eve, Fuuka, Yukari and Mitsuru all went on the walk and alluded to going on a date on Christmas Eve, and then you get texts from them that you can accept or decline.

Fuuka and Yukari were maxed, but you can't have Mitsuru over level 4 due to there being very few active school days in December (most of which are exams). Its just weird because Mitsuru's dialog is full of blushing and romance like you'd expect in a Rank 9 or 10 event, but the actual S. Link events with her at that point are still "how do I eat hamburger?"

No, there's a Christmas Eve date. I'm not sure if taking Koromaru on a walk with the girls is a pre-req. or not (since I always take the dog out if he says he wants to). But leading up to Christmas Eve, Fuuka, Yukari and Mitsuru all went on the walk and alluded to going on a date on Christmas Eve, and then you get texts from them that you can accept or decline.

Fuuka and Yukari were maxed, but you can't have Mitsuru over level 4 due to there being very few active school days in December (most of which are exams). Its just weird because Mitsuru's dialog is full of blushing and romance like you'd expect in a Rank 9 or 10 event, but the actual S. Link events with her at that point are still "how do I eat hamburger?"

Well, how DO you eat hamburger?

Well I'm pretty sure that can happen with any of them depending on the S. Link levels. You could have all of the girls at rank 1 and Yukari would get all lovey-dovey with you.

CorvoSol

I may have said some harsh things about Yukari early on.

EDIT: Also, P3P doesn't let you do the date with a girl below rank 5. I had to cheat to rank Mitsuru up to get her date because the first time it wouldn't give it to me until then. Likewise unless you've entered into a romance, it doesn't let Clara go out on a date at all. Which is how she wound up stuck at "Girl's night" with Yukari and Fuuka while Makoto was on his date with Mitsuru. Because I was 1 rank shy of Akihiko at the time.

Top Bottom