• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

...what the hell kind of a high school has a boxing team, anyways?

Fancy rich person high schools!

Hey wait a second. Gekoukan is a private school, right? Who is paying Makoto's tuition?

My cousin's New Jersey high school had one, but that's the only one I know of in real life. I guess there's a greater emphasis on school sports in Japan.
Yeah, clubs in general seem like they're much more prominent in Japan.

Fancy rich person high schools!

Hey wait a second. Gekoukan is a private school, right? Who is paying Makoto's tuition?

PK and I asked a similar question a while back. Who's paying Junpei's tuition if his dad's an abusive, alcoholic bum and his mom's apparently dead? Some secret super-rich aunt? His detective agency?

So... finished my second playthrough.

Last playthrough I need to get:

-Legend of Inaba
-Compulsive Reader
-Finishing the compendium (have 5 left to fuse - ultimate forms and such)

Gonna be a grindddd.

Nachos

It's been awhile, but that podcast thinger is back...
Cool. I'll be sure to listen to it soon.

Oh, yeah! I finally got around to watching Frozen, Dantis, meaning I can finally appreciate this:
tumblr_mz9cy1Wm221s602ggo1_1280.png

Oh hey, it's that time again!
Ne8IU8a.png

Yukiko is here, and boy does she like the color red. She seems like the girl who would inherit her parents clubs, not because she has to, but because she wants to.
Unlike Chie, she doesn't quite have the strength to drive the ball a long way, but her ball control more than makes up for it.

Next up is everyone's favorite waifu, Kanji.
Oh man, I really like this. Can't say I'm a fan of the style of shoes she has, but when my only criticism is that - and not even the way they're drawn - I hope take that as a big compliment. Can't wait for Kanji now!

Edit: Also,

Ta da da da! I'm a member!
A bit late now, but congrats!

???

Is this true? I've played through Golden twice, and it always felt like Troy Baker was voicing the character.

I don't have anything concrete, but I think so. I always noticed that Kanji sounded pretty different between the old and new dialogue but never knew why. I just wondered if his voice had subtly changed in that time. Then, I clearly heard Grant George using his Shinji voice as one of the punks in Chie's S. Link, and it all made sense to me.

He was never in the original game, and I don't think he's new Namatame (who sounds REALLY different juxtaposed with the old actor), and there's no way they just got him for a few minute's worth of lines when booths usually charge by the hour - they'd just get someone they already booked. Plus, you can't hear Grant at all in any other part of the game. It's more obvious when he has to shout in battle, like when he talks to Rise during her all out attacks.

Call me crazy, but I genuinely think it could be Grant George doing a Kanji impersonation/voice match - and a pretty good one, all things considered. The only reason why they didn't announce it or rerecord everything is because they fully intended to have Troy back on for everything else - scheduling conflicts.

And no, I'm not thinking of Matt Mercer, though I might just be completely off base with this. Either way, "old" and "new" Kanji both sound really different.

I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, all I have to say is this.

After years of hearing about Persona from my girlfriend, I finally started Persona on my PSP and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Looking forward to getting through the lot, maybe even in time to play P5 at launch.

Levito

Banned
By the way guys, if you have any fan projects, or know of anyone that has Persona related fan projects(art, music, etc)--feel free to toss me a PM and we can probably do an episode of the podcast all about your stuff!

A bit late now, but congrats!

Thanks!

You have to beat me in armed combat, Dark Souls style.

Make sure to cower behind your shield whenever possible.

I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, all I have to say is this.

After years of hearing about Persona from my girlfriend, I finally started Persona on my PSP and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Looking forward to getting through the lot, maybe even in time to play P5 at launch.

You're starting with Persona 1? That's a little unnecessary. Much like Fallout, Persona starts with the third game.

Kappa

By the way guys, if you have any fan projects, or know of anyone that has Persona related fan projects(art, music, etc)--feel free to toss me a PM and we can probably do an episode of the podcast all about your stuff!

Nice, ill send you something in a few days. It's a little parody game of Persona 5/Q

Meia

Everyone is infinitely superior as a robot.

I don't quite believe this. I can't imagine a robo-Chie being a martial artist. Cannot imagine it being possible to kick something on stilts, nor can I can imagine fast, fluid motion synonymous with martial arts. :p

Sophia

Roboticisation of the entire cast is getting far too close to Sonic, and that is simply unacceptable!

Let sleeping robots lie.... >.>

Caladrius

I don't quite believe this. I can't imagine a robo-Chie being a martial artist. Cannot imagine it being possible to kick something on stilts, nor can I can imagine fast, fluid motion synonymous with martial arts. :p

ROBO-CHIE DOESN'T NEED FEET TO PLUG 300 ROUNDS INTO HER OPPONENT.

I CONSPIRE AGAINST MY OWN.

ATTENTION: GENERATION 6 ANTI-SHADOW SUPPRESSION UNIT CODENAME: SOPHIA IS MALFUNCTIONING. RESTRAIN AND DEACTIVATE ON SIGHT.

Sophia

ATTENTION: GENERATION 6 ANTI-SHADOW SUPPRESSION UNIT CODENAME: SOPHIA IS MALFUNCTIONING. RESTRAIN AND DEACTIVATE ON SIGHT.

I'm not an anti-shadow unit. I'm not even a weapon! I just observe people, and all my systems are working perfectly fine thank you.

Jachaos

So I did manage to get all my S. Links to the max (except
Hunger
) now and I'm on
Feb. 5th

Thing is, I just read I apparently had to
Max Empress and do all re-appearing bosses BEFORE Magatsu Inaba
. I did some of those today. I'm going to go ahead and finish this anyway to get Legend of Inaba but seems like I'll have to load back to December again. Only this time I just won't focus on any S. Links.

Meia

So I did manage to get all my S. Links to the max (except
Hunger
) now and I'm on
Feb. 5th

Thing is, I just read I apparently had to
Max Empress and do all re-appearing bosses BEFORE Magatsu Inaba
. I did some of those today. I'm going to go ahead and finish this anyway to get Legend of Inaba but seems like I'll have to load back to December again. Only this time I just won't focus on any S. Links.

If you're talking about the ultimate optional boss fight, you can't do that unless you're on New Game + anyway if you aren't already, so keep that in mind.

Also as long as
Hunger is at lv9 at this point,
you are good to go with that too.

I finally started P3. This game is soooo good.

Is it just me or this game much bigger than p4? Im guessing FES is the "golden" version of P3. In which case, it would make sense as i only play the original P4.

Ive only played about 5-6 hours, but i really like Junpei, Yukari and Akihiko. Mitsuru seems a bit wooden, and my bias towards her still stands.

its 2AM over here. I think I'll play another 3 hours before i head to sleep. :)

Sophia

Persona 3 is a much bigger game in scope, yeah. Lots of features were streamlined or reduced for Persona 4, and not always for the better.

I haven't taken to Makoto yet. He seems a bit to emo. Ill see how i feel 10-20 hours down the road.

Im surprised to see Akihiko is older and more wiser than most of the cast. I've used him in Arena for the past year, and always imagined him as a young, fired up, fight first, think later type of guy.

That little ghost boy is creeping me out. :)

FluxWaveZ

Im surprised to see Akihiko is older and more wiser than most of the cast. I've used him in Arena for the past year, and always imagined him as a young, fired up, fight first, think later type of guy.

Did you not play Akihiko's P4A story mode? It makes it clear that he's a thinker, despite the superficial brashness.

Jachaos

If you're talking about the ultimate optional boss fight, you can't do that unless you're on New Game + anyway if you aren't already, so keep that in mind.

Also as long as
Hunger is at lv9 at this point,
you are good to go with that too.

I'm on my New Game + yeah, just focused so much on getting my S. Links up in
December that when I finally had them all done with in late January, that's when I started going for the bosses that reappeared in all dungeons. Hoping everyone has it wrong and it's still possible somehow but I won't hold my breath

Top Bottom