• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

Yukari's is pretty suggestive though, right?

Actually of the girls I remember I can only think of Mitsuru, Aigis and Elizabeth being overtly sexual. Yukari's I don't think is, because I'm pretty sure she tells you she didn't mean what you think she meant. Of course
in March when she asks you to meet her mom or whatever, then she's being suggestive.

On the female side, likewise, I only remember Theo and Shinji being suggestive. And Aigis. Akihiko was much more innocent and Ken I shut down because no way was I doing that.

As to P4 I don't know about the other girls, because I only followed the Rise option through.

FluxWaveZ

She is more akin to a Reverse Magician rep imo

She is full of conviction and puts on an actively cheerful demeanor, but I can see how one could argue for its reverse position as well. However, then one could argue that certain aspects of Yosuke or Junpei represent the Reverse Magician as well.

Squire

Banned
I thought it was getting good reviews?

It's what's written in the reviews; That it's sort of lite on mechanics and that it's basically old inFamous made prettier.

The thing is: I was never into inFamous. I was meh on this one until last E3 even and I only started to look forward to it because it sounded like they were really evolving their design by bringing in the lead from Halo.

I've heard things from friends lately that make me think I'll actually probably like it, but old inFamous always reviewed well and I never liked it, so the 8/9s don't really mean much to me, with respect to the authors.

So I haven't seen this discussed in a while:

What are the chances P5 gives you the option to choose the protagonist's gender?
I'd say low, though while I make that guess, it's the strange kind where you can't think of a reason why lol. I can see it being either one or the other, but not a choice.
1364323447774.gif
The clock is ticking, get a move on!
1364323447774.gif
Trippy
Well in the beginning of the request, Elizabeth herself said that she's not blind to the fact that she requested to see a man's room. There is only one thing that could happen if you are in a guy's room, especially when you're not even sure if you can visit it again. After the "event" Elizabeth said that she's not the same Elizabeth anymore, so they definitely did the deed.

As for Aigis, her Rank 10 doesn't sound sexual at all to me. Well, except for the part when she said "In case I made weird sounds." Just touching a robot's circuit sounds like touching a bunch of cables and get yourself electrocuted.
I uh... I just got electrocuted for my first time...

it was very awkward...
She became Eliza Thornberry

twtgroup.jpg
Smashing

PK Gaming

She doesn't?

I don't think so

I mean, the Magician Arcana is all about accomplishment. People who embody that arcana end to use their talents and tools that are available to achieve their goals. They're people of action; the people who come up with ideas to get things done. I don't think applies to Ayase. I mean she has conviction, but that's not really unique to Ayase.

Though, I didn't get far in Snow Queen, and I never took her on the SEBEC path so I could be wrong.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think so

I mean, the Magician Arcana is all about accomplishment. People who embody that arcana end to use their talents and tools that are available to achieve their goals. They're people of action; the people who come up with ideas to get things done. I don't think applies to Ayase. I mean she has conviction, but that's not really unique to Ayase.

Though, I didn't get far in Snow Queen, and I never took her on the SEBEC path so I could be wrong.

I don't know much about her outside of the beginnings of P1 and her wiki page, so it's also hard for me to say one way or another. What you say makes sense though, but I don't think her personality necessarily contradicts her arcana, either. I think it's just that P1 wasn't too much about character development compared to the other games, so it's difficult to point to certain aspects that might have influenced which arcana the characters were assigned.

PK Gaming

Right

The party members in Persona 1 (with the exception of a few like Maki and Mark) don't really get much character development, and they barely have a presence in the main story. I imagine that if Ayase was given more development, we would see some commonalities with her arcana.

It's why the beginning is my favorite segment of Persona 1, because each of the characters are talking/interacting, and it's just fun to witness them messing around.

To be fair, neither of you have played any amount of time with her, and are judging her based on what you see of her in the beginning of the game. Not exactly fair no?

Meia

To be fair, neither of you have played any amount of time with her, and are judging her based on what you see of her in the beginning of the game. Not exactly fair no?

Nah, it's totally fair. Characters in Persona games never grow over the course of them. :p

I'm guessing she's not really a character unless you do SQQ?

FluxWaveZ

I'm not judging her and I said as much when I posted: "I don't know much about her outside of the beginnings of P1 and her wiki page, so it's also hard for me to say one way or another." It's why I asked why she was not evocative of the Magician arcana, because I don't know much about her.

If you have any examples to lend to the discussion, feel free to post them.

PK Gaming

I already admitted that I didn't get far in Snow Queen, but what I said should still stand because P1 party members barely have a presence in the main story(with the exception of a few characters). How could she possibly embody the Magician arcana if she's only given a couple of lines in the main story? (And most of said lines basically amount to "ew" or stating the obvious.) She doesn't "do" much of anything either.
If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ha! I never said I believe that.

But I do think it would be valid if somebody did.

I actually feel the opposite, weirdly enough. I don't remember anything even suggestive in the P4 ones.

They ask to stay the night at your house while nobody else is home. Its sort of stretching it to suggest nothing happened with two 16 year olds who are boyfriend/girlfriend doing nothing during that event, really.

This whole conversation is giving me shades of "Tifa and Cloud under the Highwind."

I don't actually know much yet because I haven't beaten the SQQ, but that is where Yuka does most most of her thing. Hence, why she is mandatory there.

CorvoSol

They ask to stay the night at your house while nobody else is home. Its sort of stretching it to suggest nothing happened with two 16 year olds who are boyfriend/girlfriend doing nothing during that event, really.

This whole conversation is giving me shades of "Tifa and Cloud under the Highwind."

nuh uh man cloud loves sephi i no it cuz i read a fanfic back on 7th gaed

cjkeats

Spent a whole fifteen minutes on this! Fingers crossed for a better character next week, Buddha!

That is pretty awesome for something puked out in 15 minutes.

I bought one of those wacom drawing things on impulse the other night, although It'll be decades before I can put out something of quality. I was hoping to make a shitty thing for Labrys week, but it ain't happening.

Tamanon

Banned
I have a weird habit of acting like I'm crushing a persona tarot card sometimes for no reason. Have no idea what triggers it, maybe just when I'm bored.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ERcnp4l.png

I'd like to think that if these two met in some parallel dimension they'd be the best of friends.

I mean they're practically clones. :eek:

Marche90

I want one. And Donuts. Mostly donuts.

I CRAVE FOR A DONUT NOW!! :(

FatBoysChallenge2.jpg

breakfast-blowout.jpg

Who thinks they could handle that? It's a breakfast deal that we have in our local cafe.

If you finish it, you dont have to pay for it lol.

I'll try to starve for two days at least, and then I'll try it.
No way I would end that up even if I were to starve for days :/

Of course my gorram violin mic craps out on me on the last day of Watch Ya Week so now I have to drive 45 gorram minutes to the gorram violin store so I can buy another gorram violin mic. Christ, I am not a happy camper right now.

I promise I'll contribute to the next character week, guys... T^T

Top Bottom