• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

LX_Theo

Banned
So is the best strategy for golden hands in the later P4G dungeons just to spam light or dark attacks and hope for the best? Just can't seem to beat them before they escape anymore.

Almighty attacks work best. Get a mind charge. Whittle them down a bit with physical attacks (but not too much so they don't run away). Hit them with the almighty attack combined with mind charge and it has a good chance of taking them out. Use multiple people if you can for the almighty attacks.

arue

The actual best community thread is the Awesome Fan Art thread because our shared suffering brings us together in bonds of unbreakable brotherhood. We're like Time Lords, except we don't gaze into a naked rift in space and time. More like a naked, bloated, mpreg, vore rift in time getting it on with a pony version of Thomas the Tank Engine.

I actually went to the "Awesome" Fan Art thread and I think I'll never venture outside PersonaGAF ever again.

I'll start on it whenever I get around to finishing my stupid FFX picture. Which will probably be tomorrow. Gonna draw the Yukari picture TrueSelf asked for too, because I'm in a giving mood.

I don't care what the rest of them say about you-- you're the best, Dantis! ;D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone explain the dungeon changes in Golden? I know they removed the save points, but how are you supposed to regain SP in the middle of dungeon crawling?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can someone explain the dungeon changes in Golden? I know they removed the save points, but how are you supposed to regain SP in the middle of dungeon crawling?

Gotta find Soul Drops and the like.

Or fuse a persona with the Invigorate skill. Or pay the fox all yo yens when you find it.

Gazoinks

Man, ever since getting Gozu-tennoh Nanjo is completely outleveling everyone else. This XP system is a pain!

The funny thing is I ended up using Phaleg and Gozu-tennoh without seeing Buddha's advice. I was just scrolling through my fusion options and saw two strangely powerful Personas I could make. :p

Acid08

Banned
Man, ever since getting Gozu-tennoh Nanjo is completely outleveling everyone else. This XP system is a pain!

The funny thing is I ended up using Phaleg and Gozu-tennoh without seeing Buddha's advice. I was just scrolling through my fusion options and saw two strangely powerful Personas I could make. :p
Huh, weird. Nanjo was the most underleveled of everyone in my party. Elly was the most overleveled cuz of dat broken XP from healing.

CorvoSol

I think I gave Mark Gozu Tennou.

Haven't played in a few days, though. Right now I play Bravely Default until the battery dies, pick up my PSP, play Persona 1 until its batter dies, and then switch.

I think I gave Mark Gozu Tennou.

Haven't played in a few days, though. Right now I play Bravely Default until the battery dies, pick up my PSP, play Persona 1 until its batter dies, and then switch.

Then shouldn't you be playing more Persona 1 than Bravely Default with this system?

Gazoinks

Huh, weird. Nanjo was the most underleveled of everyone in my party. Elly was the most overleveled cuz of dat broken XP from healing.

Well, right now Nanjo just wipes out entire enemy parties halfway through combat with Megido, so he's getting the lion's share of XP. Elly gets a good amount because of how fast she is though, Mark's mainly the one suffering. >.>

I guess I could put Elly on healing duty, but I don't really need more when MC has Mediarama.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gotta find Soul Drops and the like.

Or fuse a persona with the Invigorate skill. Or pay the fox all yo yens when you find it.

I don't think I can get Invigorate in the first dungeon. D:

CorvoSol

Then shouldn't you be playing more Persona 1 than Bravely Default with this system?

I probably am. I forgot to mention, though, that between the two I also play Dragon Quest 4.

And I only play for like, an hour a night.

And I spent goodness knows how long grinding in front of the Velvet Room so I could get the Lillith Spell Card so I could fuse a gosh dang Judgment.

Having played Persona 4, and with Persona Q releasing later this year, I decided a few weeks ago that it was time for me to play Persona 3.

I have unlocked the second part of the mystery dungeon and so far, P3 plays A LOT like P4, it feels like a reskin. It's the same high school setting, scenario, dungeons, monsters, battle system, graphics, music... like what the fuck? :lol

I was excited for P5 but now that I'm more familiar with the series, I fully expect it to be just another high school drama. :(

Acid08

Banned
Having played Persona 4, and with Persona Q releasing later this year, I decided a few weeks ago that it was time for me to play Persona 3.

I have unlocked the second part of the mystery dungeon and so far, P3 plays A LOT like P4, it feels like a reskin. It's the same high school setting, scenario, dungeons, monsters, battle system, graphics, music... like what the fuck? :lol

I was excited for P5 but now that I'm more familiar with the series, I fully expect it to be just another high school drama. :(
More like P4 is a re-skin of P3 :)

I literally had never realised that you based your art style on K On until now.

Just draw a picture of Naoto. Wearing whatever, as long as she doesn't look like a guy, because Naoto looking like a guy is boring.

I'll start on it whenever I get around to finishing my stupid FFX picture. Which will probably be tomorrow. Gonna draw the Yukari picture TrueSelf asked for too, because I'm in a giving mood.

Some of the Arena manga art is glorious.
Lately if I'm drawing fan art, I try to draw them as close as I can to the source. Of course some habits die hard.
To give a brief idea what Mio is like, she's a lot like Yukiko but with her shyness turned up to 11. She's less aloof than Yukiko and acts more as the "straight man" of the group. She loves music and and is often writes the lyrics for the band's songs, and sings when her social phobia doesn't get in the way. The bassist of the band.

Ok Naoto, long hair or short hair? Hat or no hat?

Im also playing persona 3 in order to get ready for Q, Ultimax, and 5. ive only just cleared the monorail. So far its enjoyable. But the cast hasn't captivated me like 4 did, not yet anyway.

So it's my first time playing P4G:

Spoilers follow:
Nametame turns all my comrades against me and no matter what I do I'm dead in 2 rounds. How do I beat this? Rise heals me every round but not all the way

Help....

LX_Theo

Banned

Spoilers follow:
Nametame turns all my comrades against me and no matter what I do I'm dead in 2 rounds. How do I beat this? Rise heals me every round but not all the way

Help....

For one, have a Persona that Nuls Physical and you'll be in a much more advantageous situation.

CorvoSol

Spoilers follow:

Help....

Well you could try and solo the fight. Can't get beaten down by allies you don't have with you.

CorvoSol

I loved the band sequence. It was silly and dumb but this is a video game where kids go inside a TV set to solve murders and carry their weapons and armor "under their uniforms" so if suddenly learning how to play music is the straw that breaks the camel's back maybe that camel should loosen the fuck up and have a good time.

I loved the band sequence. It was silly and dumb but this is a video game where kids go inside a TV set to solve murders and carry their weapons and armor "under their uniforms" so if suddenly learning how to play music is the straw that breaks the camel's back maybe that camel should loosen the fuck up and have a good time.

Holy shit, Corvo, this is the best thing you've ever posted.

tumblr_m8d27ypjxt1qi4jueo1_500.gif

Meia

It's not awful, but as a musician, meh. Played a trumpet from like grade 3 to grade 12, and while the song doesn't sound difficult, to have Chie probably pick up a trumpet for the first time and even get ANY music from it is kind of silly.

Guess it was just hard to suspend disbelief for that, even if I didn't really mind anything else with the scene. Heck, even liked the idea of how selfless Rise was in it, made me like her a lot more.

Who da man?? You da man.

I totally agree with that paragraph. I think that's why i love the cast of 4 so much. Fair enough they're trying to solve a murder mystery, but the silly moments and friendly interactions between them is awesome. It really adds to the charm of the game I think.

Meia

Are you kidding me?

Please don't me pull out the "it's video games" line (or hell, fiction, period). I hate to do it, but good lord does it fit here.

I know, it also doesn't make sense that people who never had cause to use weapons suddenly can(attack fans GO!), but still, it is something that's jarring. Suspension of disbelief IS a thing, you know. A month would have been stretching it, a week is kind of asinine. :p

Still, like how thrilled Yukiko was in finally getting a sound of it on the first day. But yeah, she totally goes from that to playing in front of people in a week, just saying.

Top Bottom