• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Do you like Persona 4? Do you like Rise? Well you're in luck because yosukeheadphones colored 80 (that's right 80) Rise icons from the Persona 4 manga.

tumblr_inline_n06qagpKDa1qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_mzxf09JWb91qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n033jbn2P31qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n06q2xVwrx1qhaskl.png
tumblr_inline_n06pxsGE6r1qhaskl.png

Enjoy

Awesome.

Caladrius

Fat lot that'll do to the GhostlyDevil. I'll just switch to knocking on your door irritatingly loudly if your doorbell goes kaput, too :p

My house is made out of mosquito nets and electrified barbwire with gated circuits for doors..

Except the bathrooms.

'Cuz that'd just be nasty.

My house is made out of mosquito nets and electrified barbwire with gated circuits for doors..

Except the bathrooms.

'Cuz that'd just be nasty.

Nets and barbed wire don't mean jack squat to a ghrost. I'll just phase right through that crap and smear ectoplasma all over your nicest clothes :<

todd360

Game practically encourages me to think it, since every time I come in and Marie whines because I had to read her poem, Margaret teases her over it. When it's just Margaret and Igor in there, what do they talk about?

I understand. I just thought it was funny.

SMT Imagine is dead by March.
I'm not surprised that this is closing, since it's been very behind the Japanese version for a long while. It was only a matter of time before this was going to kick the bucket over here. But it did last for a good 6 years(even if it did change hands like three times), so that is an accomplishment in terms of mmos, since a lot don't last that long. We will miss you SMT: Imagine.

Sophia

Alright PersonaGAF, dub or sub for the P4 anime?

Dub has a few inconsistencies (Kanji's voice actor being replaced due to unfortunate timing and Naoto's voice actor being replaced for god knows why), but the quality of it is high enough that the choice doesn't matter.

Dub has a few inconsistencies (Kanji's voice actor being replaced due to unfortunate timing and Naoto's voice actor being replaced for god knows why), but the quality of it is high enough that the choice doesn't matter.

I'd go with the dub since it mostly uses the same VAs from the game. Feels more consistent.

Definitely dub.

I'm watching the dub.

Looks like I'm going dub.

Caladrius

The dub is one of the few ones I prefer over the JP version. The double-whammy of Rie Kugimiya and Keppei Yamauchi with their hyperactive performances is nauseating.

I'm whittling away at DDS. I have yet to actually hear him say that.

Oh no. Not at all. I like Rise as much as they do, but they're already too late to change anything.

They wish they were independent voters.

True independents vote for either Teddie or Katsuya.

Kazzy

I always thought that Naoto's original voice wasn't all that great. I can't say that I missed it all that much.

Margaret's line reads were extremely wooden though - it's definitely the one that always sticks out to me, even now. It's especially weird when you consider that it wasn't exactly down to hiring an unknown.

The game, that is.

CorvoSol

I always thought that Naoto's original voice wasn't all that great. I can't say that I missed it all that much.

Margaret's line reads were extremely wooden though - it's definitely the one that always sticks out to me, even now. It's especially weird when you consider that it wasn't exactly down to hiring an unknown.

You know, outside of battle I don't have a big problem with Naoto, but IN BATTLE her voice is all kinds of wonky,

"HAAAAL YUUUHUUUUURS" Take a cough drop, jeez.

Kazzy

Oh trust me. The replacement actor, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, is one of my favorite voice actors in the industry. But she does not fit Naoto at all.

I've watched the dub, and it didn't exactly strike me as being particularly egregious. There's absolutely zero pretence with the cadence to her voice, though, it's not as if the original had any either!

Top Bottom