• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

i55HDGYIfyBaq.jpg

iMiQWATWStriZ.jpg

Source

CorvoSol

Persona 5 pitch here we go:

You play as a baseball loving boy, his girlfriend who works in childcare, his closeted best friend who happens to also be a nerd and a foreign transfer student. The main villain is a spoiled, fat rich kid who works for a spherical God of evil (I mean that's a requisite in Persona.) A meteorite crashlands and starts spilling out shadows across the land and you have to fight these shadows using your mysterious psychic powers. Main dude has a bird man persona, main girl a bear, nerd boy has a donut and foreigner a bunny. Travel to several! different cities to fight evil! Social Link with a bubble gum chewing monkey! With a grungy apple loving scientist! With a fugitive blues band!

Totally the plot to Earthbound.

You play as a baseball loving boy, his girlfriend who works in childcare, his closeted best friend who happens to also be a nerd and a foreign transfer student. The main villain is a spoiled, fat rich kid who works for a spherical God of evil (I mean that's a requisite in Persona.) A meteorite crashlands and starts spilling out shadows across the land and you have to fight these shadows using your mysterious psychic powers. Main dude has a bird man persona, main girl a bear, nerd boy has a donut and foreigner a bunny. Travel to several! different cities to fight evil! Social Link with a bubble gum chewing monkey! With a grungy apple loving scientist! With a fugitive blues band!

As an Earthbound fan I'm not so sure about this.

PK Gaming

I'M A FAILURE FOR NOT INSTANTLY GETTING THIS

I'm an ABOMINATION! I'm filthy and dirty, and UNBALANCED. I'm scum! Asymmetrical GARBAGE! I should die!

CorvoSol

As an Earthbound fan I'm not so sure about this.

Come on, the Flying Men come right out of Ness' mind. Magicant ends with a fight against Ness' Shadow. Four psychic kids fighting to save the world from certain doom. Earthbound, Personer, either or.

Could probably twist other RPGs to sound like set ups for a Persona, too.

I'M A FAILURE FOR NOT INSTANTLY GETTING THIS

I'm an ABOMINATION! I'm filthy and dirty, and UNBALANCED. I'm scum! Asymmetrical GARBAGE! I should die!

I feel like the Aysmmetric part here is a reference to something.

PK Gaming

Come on, the Flying Men come right out of Ness' mind. Magicant ends with a fight against Ness' Shadow. Four psychic kids fighting to save the world from certain doom. Earthbound, Personer, either or.

I feel like the Aysmmetric part here is a reference to something.

OTL

An underaged boy sets off on an adventure with a handful of his friends. Along the way he collects a variety of colourful monster pals, which he trains in battle in order to level them up before evolving them to a more powerful form. The main roadblocks on his journey are a series of themed bosses who reside in areas based on their personalities, culminating in a final battle against a gauntlet of bosses ending with a skirmish against the most powerful being in the land (with the exception of a bonus superboss who is only fightable once the player clears the main story). There are also minigames involving fishing, bug catching, and performing recreational activities in order to strengthen your allies' abilities.

Did I just describe Pokémon or Persona 4?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Izanagi Game Nuke (Victory Cry on Izanagi for the sake of low-level compendium fusion to other Personae) acquired. It only took 8 damn hours. ;___;

At least now I can grind levels for Very Hard and do Social Links without a care in the world about the time-limits.

Xenoflare

They probably didn't want to remind anybody of her godawful poems.

Her poems are the textbook definition of 2edgy4me, but her I rather liked her English voice, I don't know how she fares in Japanese though.

Even then the music is really nice, along with the coffee shop theme in Okina, both tracks are missing from the OST.

CorvoSol

An underaged boy sets off on an adventure with a handful of his friends. Along the way he collects a variety of colourful monster pals, which he trains in battle in order to level them up before evolving them to a more powerful form. The main roadblocks on his journey are a series of themed bosses who reside in areas based on their personalities, culminating in a final battle against a gauntlet of bosses ending with a skirmish against the most powerful being in the land (with the exception of a bonus superboss who is only fightable once the player clears the main story). There are also minigames involving fishing, bug catching, and performing recreational activities in order to strengthen your allies' abilities.

Did I just describe Pokémon or Persona 4?

An emotionally stunted young man with strange powers and a mysterious past slowly opens up through his interactions with those around him. Harem hijinks ensue between him and two or three girls, but the real humor is derived from his chemistry with his surly loser buddy. The team has a pet who takes part in battle, a robot buddy, and a whiny kid who is popular for reasons beyond my ken. There's also a sort of wiser, older party member who is a big softy despite his rough, unpolished experience. A long haired pretty boy with Messianic pretensions is trying to get a bluish demon to help him. One party member will suffer a tragic fate which players will desperately seek to overturn.

Final Fantasy Seven or Persona Three?

Top Bottom