• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Xenoflare

Whoa I'm only realising this now

There isn't even any rips for it, although I think it's mostly due to the fact that no one really cracks open Vita games.

I looked everywhere when the first time I heard it, but her poems were never long enough for it to hit the good bits.

Everything can be moe.

< Look into my eyes
Aria of the Soul Music Box

I just found this and I thought this was pretty cool.
OOO, that's so pretty I love it. I like music box remixes of game music, kinda gives even some of the saddest song even more sad.

Even Mara?

tumblr_mxzav3uDSf1sxwbmlo1_500.jpg

You will never unsee Moe Mara

Zebetite

Banned
An emotionally stunted young man with strange powers and a mysterious past slowly opens up through his interactions with those around him. Harem hijinks ensue between him and two or three girls, but the real humor is derived from his chemistry with his surly loser buddy. The team has a pet who takes part in battle, a robot buddy, and a whiny kid who is popular for reasons beyond my ken. There's also a sort of wiser, older party member who is a big softy despite his rough, unpolished experience. A long haired pretty boy with Messianic pretensions is trying to get a bluish demon to help him. One party member will suffer a tragic fate which players will desperately seek to overturn.

Final Fantasy Seven or Persona Three?

A group of kids whose parents are in varying degrees of estrangement and/or death are all strong-armed into becoming humanity's last hope for salvation. As a result of their harsh pasts and even harsher responsibilities in the present, paired with the emotional instability of their youth, each kid has some sort of glaring personality flaw/disorder that in many ways defines them, and occasionally hampers their ability to carry out their duties. They do manage, however, to sequentially defeat the foes laid out before them, but it becomes clear that by doing so they have accidentally played right into an apocalyptic prophecy and all life on Earth is soon doomed to be extinguished. In the eleventh hour, a mysterious boy appears seemingly out of nowhere and begins to associate himself with the kids. The cold, emotionless sort-of-girl of the group is immediately distrustful of him, but the emotionally-stunted loser with no friends whose mother is dead and father is an asshole becomes very close to him. As it turns out, the mysterious boy is actually The Enemy In Disguise As A Human, and represents the very prophecy the group has accidentally fulfilled--he is but a messenger for the coming destruction. His time on Earth as a human, however, has given him a new perspective on life and humanity's worth, so he willingly offers up his life so that the kids may at least attempt to seize the future. Also, the moon. Also, the main character wears headphones a lot.

Neon Genesis Evangelion or Persona 3?

PK Gaming

A group of kids whose parents are in varying degrees of estrangement and/or death are all strong-armed into becoming humanity's last hope for salvation. As a result of their harsh pasts and even harsher responsibilities in the present, paired with the emotional instability of their youth, each kid has some sort of glaring personality flaw/disorder that in many ways defines them, and occasionally hampers their ability to carry out their duties. They do manage, however, to sequentially defeat the foes laid out before them, but it becomes clear that by doing so they have accidentally played right into an apocalyptic prophecy and all life on Earth is soon doomed to be extinguished. In the eleventh hour, a mysterious boy appears seemingly out of nowhere and begins to associate himself with the kids. The cold, emotionless sort-of-girl of the group is immediately distrustful of him, but the emotionally-stunted loser with no friends whose mother is dead and father is an asshole becomes very close to him. As it turns out, the mysterious boy is actually The Enemy In Disguise As A Human, and represents the very prophecy the group has accidentally fulfilled--he is but a messenger for the coming destruction. His time on Earth as a human, however, has given him a new perspective on life and humanity's worth, so he willingly offers up his life so that the kids may at least attempt to seize the future. Also, the moon. Also, the main character wears headphones a lot.

tumblr_inline_mtygnaTxFB1qhaskl.jpg

Good lord

CorvoSol

Do you have a problem? Yu Narukami WILL fix it for you. Doesn't matter how damn occupied he is at the moment, your biggest problem in life WILL get added to his to-do list, even if it involves bending the laws of the gosh darn universe.

Are you dead due to cosmic forces? YU WILL SAVE YOU.

Worse than dead, not canon? YU WILL MAKE YOU A SAINT.

Yu Narukami meets this girl, doesn't know who she is, immediately decides to take care of her and help her save the school in spite of the bazillions of weird things happening and the fact that he's being yanked in and out of reality frequently, and yeah.

This is why the universe rewards him by making him meet three new attractive ladies in a single day.

So yeah, new to this thread, fresh off pouring 87 hours of my life into Persona 4 Golden. What a fucking awesome game.

(Pretty big P4 spoilers here, tagged just in case) I got the
super bad ending (where you throw Namatame in the TV and Nanako's fucking dead) which depressed me enough that I had to look up if there was another way! Sadly I spoiled myself on Adachi in the process, but there was a LOT of other stuff that I didn't spoil myself on. Managed to get the proper ending so hooray.

What I would say is that despite being on normal difficulty, most of the dungeons were totally not a problem, they just took time. I think I only died once (and that was because I stupidly didn't realise the whole battle would end if the protagonist died - I thought it'd only finish with a complete wipe.) The hardest dungeon for me was
the Hollow Forest which was a bitch, but I just took my time, used a Sacred Branch after going up the stairs each time & used some of my items to restore a bit of SP.
Post-Naoto's dungeon, I was running with Naoto, Kanji and Yukiko which seemed like an ideal balance (for me anyhow) so in the new game + I shall use the 3 that I didn't finish the game with. Just for the hell of it.

I did read a remark from someone who seemed to think that Golden is "ten times easier". Dunno how true that is.

As a Chie person, I approve this. Love the style also.

While I was reading it I said, this reminds me of something I dont really like. Open the spoiler, and yep, there they were both lol

PK Gaming

Do you have a problem? Yu Narukami WILL fix it for you. Doesn't matter how damn occupied he is at the moment, your biggest problem in life WILL get added to his to-do list, even if it involves bending the laws of the gosh darn universe.

Are you dead due to cosmic forces? YU WILL SAVE YOU.

Worse than dead, not canon? YU WILL MAKE YOU A SAINT.

Yu Narukami meets this girl, doesn't know who she is, immediately decides to take care of her and help her save the school in spite of the bazillions of weird things happening and the fact that he's being yanked in and out of reality frequently, and yeah.

This is why the universe rewards him by making him meet three new attractive ladies in a single day.

tumblr_inline_n1xeglr4Fm1qhaskl.png

Call 1-800-REACHOUT2THETRUTH today!

Congrats, duder

Looks like the new trailers weren't the only updates to the P3M site-- Strega has been added to the Characters page!

So here's some more avatars:

takaya_sakaki___persona_3_movie_avatar_by_darkside989-d7ek9sx.png

takaya_sakaki___persona_3_movie_avatar__alt__by_darkside989-d7ek9xm.png

jin_shirato___persona_3_movie_avatar_by_darkside989-d7ek9zp.png

jin_shirato___persona_3_movie_avatar__alt__by_darkside989-d7eka2x.png

chidori_yoshino___persona_3_movie_avatar_by_darkside989-d7eka5i.png

chidori_yoshino___persona_3_movie_avatar__alt__by_darkside989-d7eka76.png

Didn't see anything else yet, but some nice stealth updates!

Top Bottom