• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

I think he's talking about Aigis and Makoto's positions , they looks kinda weird and awkward in that poster.
though I could be wrong on that.

You are correct, given that is what "Composition" means in regards to visual arts.

The anime art style really fits the characters. Hell, Chidori looks better imo.

I'm actually starting to see how Takaya could be seen as charismatic now. That first portrait of his doesn't make him seem evil.

Dantis

That's not really specific, but I expect that from you by now. I like the lighter shade of color compared to the corresponding poster of the first movie (the one with Makoto and Thanatos). Really cool contrast.

It's specific enough to answer your question though.

kewlmyc

It's specific enough to answer your question though.
Didn't mean to offend, sorry.

I think he's talking about Aigis and Makoto's positions , they looks kinda weird and awkward in that poster.
though I could be wrong on that.

Oh, I though that might be it. Wasn't sure if he meant the characters compared to the background since that counts as composition as well (doesn't it?). I could see how the poses look seem odd and unnatural to some.

partime

Just finished Persona 4 Golden yesterday on Vita, what an amazing experience!
So what happens with the story, is it worth waiting until the police investigation/interrogation is over now that we've handed over the culprit?

-After spending a few days leveling up my friendships, I'm wondering why I'm still playing the game, does it go anywhere?

Dantis

So the Midsummer Knight's Dream versions of Mass Destruction and Deep Breath, Deep Breath aren't Meguro. They're arranged by Lotus Juice. Guess that explains the difference in the sound.

So what happens with the story, is it worth waiting until the police investigation/interrogation is over now that we've handed over the culprit?

-After spending a few days leveling up my friendships, I'm wondering why I'm still playing the game, does it go anywhere?

Er... it sounds like you haven't finished the game.

What month are you in?

Trigger

You haven't finished the game.

CorvoSol

Is it snowy outside? If it is you haven't finished the game yet.

Sophia

You didn't finish the game. Congratulations on falling for the bad ending.

So the Midsummer Knight's Dream versions of Mass Destruction and Deep Breath, Deep Breath aren't Meguro. They're arranged by Lotus Juice. Guess that explains the difference in the sound.

Yup. Hence why they're both labeled "Lotus Juice Remix" :p

partime

oh, so keep playing! I was wondering why I only received a bronze trophy when beating the 'final boss'.
Wow, that boss was difficult, this game actually gets harder! This games awesome!

Sophia

They haven't even reached the bad end yet though.

Their post indicates that
they handed Namatame over.
Which is one of the three bad endings.

oh, so keep playing! I was wondering why I only received a bronze trophy when beating the 'final boss'.
Wow, that boss was difficult, this game actually gets harder! This games awesome!

If you're at where I think you're at, you still have a lot more to go.

Dantis

Yup. Hence why they're both labeled "Lotus Juice Remix" :p

Well I didn't realise that it meant literally!

I guess Meguro is probably up to his eyes in P5 at this point though, so they'll be pulling him away as little as possible. Same with Soejima.

Did you max out Marie's Social Link? There's a bonus if you did.

I actually think there are advantages to not doing Marie's S Link on your first run through. The structure of the ending changes slightly, I think the original structure is better.

Sophia

Well I didn't realise that it meant literally!

I guess Meguro is probably up to his eyes in P5 at this point though, so they'll be pulling him away as little as possible. Same with Soejima.

I bet this is also probably why the movie's main theme sounds similar to his Dead or Alive stuff.

kewlmyc

Their post indicates that
they handed Namatame over.
Which is one of the three bad endings.

Throwing him in the TV is the bad end, not turning him in. He automatically gets handed over when you beat his boss. It would explain why he's still able to play the game instead of going straight to the end cutscene.

Sophia

Throwing him in the TV is the bad end, not turning him in. He automatically gets handed over when you beat his boss. It would explain why he's still able to play the game instead of going straight to the end cutscene.

There's more than one bad ending there. Kill Namatame is the worst of the three, handing him over to the police is another one. Should you correctly guess that Namatame isn't the murderer, but fail to guess the correct one, you get a more neutral bad ending.

Guess it's a moot point, we could always wait for partime to say where they were at.

Don't be rude.

And it sounds like they
beat Adachi/Ameno Sagiri, considering they received a trophy for it.

Dude, pull the stick out of your ass, jeez. It wasn't meant to be rude.

You get a trophy for Kunino-sagiri too. They're both bronze tho.

partime

It's June I believe, summer break. So from what I'm hearing, this game has multiple endings, and I'm already on-track for one of them. If there is still "a lot more to go", this game is massive for a handheld. I'm still in awe over all the spoken dialog I'm hearing, I can't believe they hadn't just made it textual based after the first hour.

I'm not really into these types of genres, the last game I played like this was Grandia 2 for Dreamcast.

Sophia

It's June I believe, summer break. So from what I'm hearing, this game has multiple endings, and I'm already on-track for one of them. If there is still "a lot more to go", this game is massive for a handheld. I'm still in awe over all the spoken dialog I'm hearing, I can't believe they hadn't just made it textual based after the first hour.

I'm not really into these types of genres, the last game I played like this was Grandia 2 for Dreamcast.

Oh good god. Don't read the spoilers above. We all thought you were actually at the multiple endings, not merely half way through the game. XD

Dantis

DO NOT CLICK THE BLACK BARS!

You have a long way to go yet.

Oh good god. Don't read the spoilers above. We all thought you were actually at the multiple endings, not merely half way through the game. XD

This was why I asked what month he was on, rather than going into specifics. :p

Jinto

I completed all of the story modes in Arena. As someone who doesn't particularly like fighting games on account of sucking at them, I got my money's worth from the story content alone. I loved seeing the P3 and P4 cast interacting with each other. The contrast between P3's more serious characters and P4's more laid back ones was a joy to watch at times.

Individually, some of the stories were awesome. As a whole, there were contradictions. I hope it's done better for the next game.

Some thoughts regarding each of the story modes from best to worst:

Labrys - Essential to everything that happens. Until I unlocked her story, I found her character somewhat annoying.
You could tell where the story was going, but I was still completely sucked in. Poor #24
. Labrys is a welcome addition to the cast.

Mitsuru - I enjoyed this the most.
Rise also had her best moments here

Aigis -
Had some funny moments with Naoto and Mitsuru. Lol at the whole party trying to leave Junes near the end. Gaining Labrys' memories was a great moment. Never even thought of the whole Aigis meeting her friends at the same pier Labrys was at thing.
. Well done.

Naoto -
Her and Mitsuru being all smart together was a blast.

Akihiko - Wasn't really a fan of his during P3, but this was good.

Teddie - Cute, silly fun.
Why didn't he attempt to use any of abilities? Shouldn't his persona have the same affect as Mitsuru's on Labrys?

Elizabeth - Short and sweet. A nice change of pace from the others.
Her reason for leaving the Velvet Room to try and free the MC from P3 was a nice twist.

Yu/Yosuke/Chie - Average.
Chie's relationship with Akihiko was the highlight.
I have to go back and get Yu's secret ending.

Kanji - Ugh.
Had some nice moments with Akihiko, but they made him look like a complete fool in this game.

Yukiko - Boring.
I thought she was supposed to be smart? It did pick up a bit after the cliffhanger.

It turned out to be a solid game. The reason for fighting made sense. The P3 cast really stood out while it felt like a step backwards for some of the characters from P4. Even though It was hard to overlook some of the inconsistencies, the main storyline was still interesting. I also noticed quite a few grammatical errors.

so, like

BlPybqkCEAAWD_l.jpg

Congratulations, dude!

PK Gaming

Dude, pull the stick out of your ass, jeez. It wasn't meant to be rude.

You get a trophy for Kunino-sagiri too. They're both bronze tho.

Dudette, that's the last thing a person wants to hear after reaching the bad end. That's the definition of rubbing salt in the wound.

Soriku

I lol'd.

I could actually tell you were still in June right away.

kewlmyc

Jesus, you might want to just leave right now. Enjoy the game.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n42lxc3t3u1rpsmato1_500.png

Say what you will about P2 being dead, forgotten, worse than dead, whatever. Eikichi is still one of best things about the Persona series.

kewlmyc

there's a new blur out:
BlJAUGTCIAAo6zl.png:large

from here

Well, I'll go ahead and start by pointing out the obvious. That is Aigis on the left.

Now for the right. They seem to be either floating or jumping. I'm also see a lot of crimson on the right, which shouldn't be there on that stage (which is the Gym btw). Whoever it is on the right also seems to have crimson-ish hair.

there's a new blur out there:
BlJAUGTCIAAo6zl.png:large

from here

The one of the left is Aigis for sure, I can tell it's her, because of her posture. The one on the righ on the other hand is kinda hard to tell. It may look like Mitsuru, but that top part could just be an attack from the person. Wait....looking a bit closer at top right part kinda gives me Yukari, because of the brown hairline that you can kinda see. Though FeMC is another good guess, since it does kinda look like her, even if blurry.

kewlmyc

It sure evokes FeMC, but that makes no sense.......

Ha, I can actually see some resemblance of her (brow hair and black uniform top) in the character portrait in the top right. Her being in it would be hilarious and shake the fanbase up pretty good.

LX_Theo

Banned
The one of the left is Aigis for sure, I can tell it's her, because of her posture. The one on the righ on the other hand is kinda hard to tell. It may look like Mitsuru, but that top part could just be an attack from the person. Wait....looking a bit closer at top right part kinda gives me Yukari, because of the brown hairline that you can kinda see. Though FeMC is another good guess, since it does kinda look like her, even if blurry.
I'd say it not only looks like FeMC in both the fighter and health bar icon, it looks like the character is holding a staff like weapon.

Dantis

Hey guys, just a note, on the off chance the new character is the villain from P4, let's not refer to them as the villain, okay? Refer to them by name, please.

Also, does anyone know what the blur says?

Top Bottom