• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

kewlmyc

Hey guys, just a note, on the off chance the new character is the villain from P4, let's not refer to them as the villain, okay? Refer to them by name, please.

Also, does anyone know what the blur says?

Isn't said character being a Persona user a spoiler in and of itself?

To be honest, if said character is in the game, it's going to be pretty impossible to even discuss that character without spoilering things.

there's a new blur out there:
BlJAUGTCIAAo6zl.png:large

from here

Probably a long shot given the circumstances, but Rise perhaps?

Sophia

I still maintain the following stance, personally (P4 spoilers!!!):
If Adachi is playable, all bets are off in the P4A2 threads because Atlus themselves doesn't want to maintain the spoiler, if Adachi is not playable, then the plot twist should still be kept under spoilers.

Wait....looking a bit closer at top right part kinda gives me Yukari, because of the brown hairline that you can kinda see.

It's definitely not Yukari; take a look at the image below that I created:

I found a screenshot with Yukari on the right side, and applied a similar Gaussian Blur effect to it. You can see that the brown portion at the top that was once her hair is shaped differently from the new "official" blur scan that pan-hime shared. As to who it might be instead, I can only think of FeMC or Ken given the hair color...

LX_Theo

Banned
Probably a long shot given the circumstances, but Rise perhaps?

Based on the portrait by the health bar, too short of hair. It'd have to be someone with hair that doesn't reach much below their neckline or shorter, with brownish and/or reddish hard. Also someone who'd outfit shows a bit of their legs. To me, at least, it also looks like they are holding a two handed, staff like weapon.

Honestly, the one people who'd make sense to me bar a palette change would be Ken or FeMC

Moonlight

Banned
As much as I'd like it to be FeMC, it's probably Ken or something. There's literally no way that FeMC could possibly be repped before MC if it were even on the table at all.

...y'know, I'm gonna go ahead and say Nanako. If Flux's analysis was correct, Nanako should be around the same height of the sprite and Ken should be taller than that anyways by the time of this game.

Dantis

As much as I'd like it to be FeMC, it's probably Ken or something. There's literally no way that FeMC could possibly be repped before MC if it were even on the table at all.

...y'know, I'm gonna go ahead and say Nanako. If Flux's analysis was correct, Nanako should be around the same height of the sprite and Ken should be taller than that anyways by the time of this game.

Hmm? The new character seems to be around the same height as Aigis.

Just ran similar tests with Chie, Mitsuru, and Yosuke. All three of their portraits look different than the one in the new blurred tease. So it might indeed be a new character...

...However, I would also like to point out that the Twitter account that posted the image has a rather odd handle ("P Mystery" / P4U2_a15), has only made this one single tweet, and apart from linking to the P4U2 site, doesn't appear to have any relationship with ATLUS. That's not to say that this image is fake, but this method of delivery does seem different than what we've come to expect from ATLUS.

Sophia

We're not a P4A2 thread though. We're a general Persona thread.

I think it's something of a dilemma. If it occurs, I'll probably consult a mod.

I noted that. In here, it should always stay spoilered. :p

Just ran similar tests with Chie, Mitsuru, and Yosuke. All three of their portraits look different than the one in the new blurred tease. So it might indeed be a new character...

...However, I would also like to point out that the Twitter account that posted the image has a rather odd handle ("P Mystery" / P4U2_a15), has only made this one single tweet, and apart from linking to the P4U2 site, doesn't appear to have any relationship with ATLUS. That's not to say that this image is fake, but this method of delivery does seem different than what we've come to expect from ATLUS.

Yeah is that even an official account? How did anyone come across this image anyhow?

LX_Theo

Banned

A frustratingly good point :/

Someone in the IRC though it was Lisa from Persona 2, I doubt that for a good amount of reasons, though it would be too out of left field if it's an older version of Lisa, and had dyed her her brown.

kewlmyc

Someone in the IRC though it was Lisa from Persona 2, I doubt that for a good amount of reasons, though it would be too out of left field if it's an older version of Lisa, and had dyed her her brown.

Why would they alienate their current fans like that by putting in a character no one recognizes.

"Is that Chie's older sister or something?"

I noticed the same thing. There aren't any other P4U2_aXX handles either. I gather that "a15" probably means April 15, right? Has this happened before? Very peculiar...

EDIT: For what it's worth, I also think the character sprite/portrait looks like FeMC, which strikes me as bizarre. I'm leaning towards hoax :/

Daimaou

Compare the blurred character to this render.

Combined with the pretty suspicious twitter account, it's a pretty obvious fake.

Squire

Banned
Hey guys, just a note, on the off chance the new character is the villain from P4, let's not refer to them as the villain, okay? Refer to them by name, please.

Also, does anyone know what the blur says?

You're getting close to doing that thing where you turn something into a spoiler by acknowledging it's status as one.

FluxWaveZ

Compare the blurred character to this render.

Combined with the pretty suspicious twitter account, it's a pretty obvious fake.

Hehe... nice job pointing out the specific image that was used. Surprisingly hard to find female protagonist full body shots, as it turns out.

I'm just satisfied it went as relatively far as it did, and not just in this thread.

Dantis

Eh, the portrait looks a bit like the one from the all out attacks with the same effect, too

It's the one Dai linked. I gaussian blurred it and pasted it into the image. It's identical.

Hehe... nice job pointing out the specific image that was used. Surprisingly hard to find female protagonist full body shots, as it turns out.

I'm just satisfied it went as relatively far as it did, and not just in this thread.

You made that?

Daimaou

I noticed it immediately and said so in IRC, though I decided to let it ride in the thread for a bit.

The thing that tipped me off was the leg positioning.

LX_Theo

Banned
It's the one Dai linked. I gaussian blurred it and pasted it into the image. It's identical.

I mean for the one by the health bar. It doesn't resemble it nearly as much when I do it (the skin tone more specifically looks different to me), but I think the all out attack one or the conversation headshot resemble it more so. It doesn't matter much at this point though.

Tamanon

Banned

Well that explains why it evoked FeMC for me, since that was the image I always have in my head of her!

kewlmyc

Are you implying you made that? If so, good work. Fooled me.

Oracle-hime ‏@regularpanties 9m

tell flux he's a punk.

Sophia ‏@SophiaAlex120 9m

@regularpanties He's a masterful punk. :D

FluxWaveZ

Might post the image I blurred that little gem from once I get home, but it's not pretty without the blur to hide the sloppy edit work.

Was debating continuing the joke with more P4U2 "teases" or to just say I did it, and I guess I'm going with the latter since I'm not used to handling something like this, and Daimaou had straight up figured it out, anyways.

The idea came to me when I was doing my analysis stuff of the actual P4U2 tease footage, and I just decided to slap together a bunch of blurred out match images just for myself. That evolved into making a "fake" image for myself just so I could see what it would look like, and I picked FeMC because that's just hilarious. At the time, I picked an obvious image of her because I wasn't planning on trying to make this into a hoax or anything, but after I finished with it, I thought "Hey, why don't I just try to fool people?" So I slapped golden letters on the pic via Google Translate, created a fake Twitter account and voila.

I actually made the tweet a couple of days ago and it hadn't caught on at all, but in the last 24 hours someone did something, I guess, and a whole lot of people started taking notice. Was quite fun.

Edit: And people started coming up with theories like it being a reveal associated with the lunar eclipse. Made me learn the power of hope.

Daimaou

Might post the image I blurred that little gem from once I get home, but it's not pretty without the blur to hide the sloppy edit work.

Was debating continuing the joke with more P4U2 "teases" or to just say I did it, and I guess I'm going with the latter since I'm not used to handling something like this, and Daimaou had straight up figured it out, anyways.

The idea came to me when I was doing my analysis stuff of the actual P4U2 tease footage, and I just decided to slap together a bunch of blurred out match images just for myself. That evolved into making a "fake" image for myself just so I could see what it would look like, and I picked FeMC because that's just hilarious. At the time, I picked an obvious image of her because I wasn't planning on trying to make this into a hoax or anything, but after I finished with it, I thought "Hey, why don't I just try to fool people?" So I slapped golden letters on the pic via Google Translate, created a fake Twitter account and voila.

I actually made the tweet a couple of days ago and it hadn't caught on at all, but in the last 24 hours someone did something, I guess, and a whole lot of people started taking notice. Was quite fun.

Edit: And people started coming up with theories like it being a reveal associated with the lunar eclipse. Made me learn the power of hope.

I kind of regret spoiling the fun, truthfully.

kewlmyc

The best April Fools jokes don't happen on April Fools apparently.

Based on the portrait by the health bar, too short of hair. It'd have to be someone with hair that doesn't reach much below their neckline or shorter, with brownish and/or reddish hard. Also someone who'd outfit shows a bit of their legs. To me, at least, it also looks like they are holding a two handed, staff like weapon.

Honestly, the one people who'd make sense to me bar a palette change would be Ken or FeMC
Oh, I didn't even think to look at the portrait. That definitely looks like FeMC to me.

Edit: Or we've all been duped!

Top Bottom