• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Meia

Guys, at Persona 4 Golden, what is trasnsfered to New Game Plus?
Are social links and social qualities transfered over the new game plus, or they will be reseted just as the characters level?

If I want to try the platinum trohy, would it be possible in just 1 playthrough? Because im not sure if I should follow the Max S. Link guide.. I followed part of it, but lost some content, and am thinking on doing it my own way 1st.

The only things that carry over to a game + are social stats(understanding, expression, etc), and other stuff not related to the max social link thing. You CAN do a max link playthrough the first time, but it requires very strict planning, including always having a matching persona on a date you hang out with someone(or even answer a question that will earn you points with them).

If you want to do this for the platinum trophy, realize you need to do 2 full playthroughs of the game anyway. It's for this reason most suggest just playing through the game the first time how you want, then again with a max link guide(as you'll have plenty of extra time to complete everything without having to worry about social stats, which can eat up a 1/3rd of the actual calendar in terms of time).

Kssio_Aug

The only things that carry over to a game + are social stats(understanding, expression, etc), and other stuff not related to the max social link thing. You CAN do a max link playthrough the first time, but it requires very strict planning, including always having a matching persona on a date you hang out with someone(or even answer a question that will earn you points with them).

If you want to do this for the platinum trophy, realize you need to do 2 full playthroughs of the game anyway. It's for this reason most suggest just playing through the game the first time how you want, then again with a max link guide(as you'll have plenty of extra time to complete everything without having to worry about social stats, which can eat up a 1/3rd of the actual calendar in terms of time).

Ok, I see! =)
Then, if I finish the game with high social qualities, they will be transfered, and make things easier at the next playthrogh, even to Max Social Links?

So I will do the 1st play by myself. Seems better this way then.

FluxWaveZ

Flux man ya gotta put a kibosh on that and stop tootin ya own horn ya big palooka :p

*labrys.png*

Hey man, it's the first time I post about it making believe it was real! Perfect opportunity to do so for someone who wasn't aware.

Ultimax fans. Thoughts on this vid? Do you think those are new characters?

As for if there any new characters in it, we can't know. Made an analysis of character height in the tease here which I think is valid. The right character doesn't match anyone else's height except for Teddie's, but that character doesn't seem large enough. The character is basically smaller than everyone else, including Naoto. Who could be that small? I stand by my analysis because at least the color patterns are distinct through the blur, but I'm still wondering, in the back of my mind, if there's something I'm missing when looking at the character heights. I don't think so, anyways.

Also, I still think it would be unlikely for a character unveil to happen during the PSC though, again, maybe it's a good way of increasing the show's popularity and relevance.

534aa73c41dd48fe32481026

Meia

Ok, I see! =)
Then, if I finish the game with high social qualities, they will be transfered, and make things easier at the next playthrogh, even to Max Social Links?

So I will do the 1st play by myself. Seems better this way then.

Yep. Keep in mind Diligence is the least important of the social stats and should probably be maxed last. But yeah, once you've maxed any of them, they'll be maxed in that save file from then on(or whatever level you've left them at).

The reason why the second playthrough is required is the optional secret boss(that does yield a trophy) is only available on the last day of the game on a second playthrough, and only after you do certain things in that playthrough. So just enjoy your first time. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've got bad news for you.

There's a timeskip after the 14th.

Well, apparently there is weeks in January to do it. I just have to start the Hospital S. Link since I'm behind on initiating that and finish up Chie and Yosuke's link as well. So long as I don't COMPLETELY screw things up being behind by one shouldn't be a major deal for three or five of them. *crossing fingers, knock wood*

Kssio_Aug

Yep. Keep in mind Diligence is the least important of the social stats and should probably be maxed last. But yeah, once you've maxed any of them, they'll be maxed in that save file from then on(or whatever level you've left them at).

The reason why the second playthrough is required is the optional secret boss(that does yield a trophy) is only available on the last day of the game on a second playthrough, and only after you do certain things in that playthrough. So just enjoy your first time. :)

Allright, Ill keep that in mind! =)
Thanks for the tips!

arue

Detective week was being thrown around earlier this week, but I don't know if people were actually going for it.

I'm down for anything with human figures. If this week is really Detective Week, then I'll probably end up doing Naoto though. Or Katsuya.

FluxWaveZ

I'm surprised the mind control went that far instead of stopping it early like in the game. *fanservice*

But doesn't it get to that point in the game? The shower scene might be, but the rest of the scene doesn't seem that pandering.

Edit: Ah, my bad; you specifically meant the mind control and not the scene itself. It seems to play out pretty much the same way, anyways (without Makoto unbuttoning his shirt, though).

FluxWaveZ

Well I thought the scene that follows after the shower could be some sort of fanservice, given that MC is getting undressed and stuff.

In the trailer, it seems that that when they look at each other is when they snap out of it and Yukari covers herself.

Edit: But you're right, I suppose MC getting undressed could be a form of fanservice. P3M #1 did apparently have a significant female viewership, after all.

Dont think it should be too long before the art dump and the new ArtWeek starts, but he does have over 2 weeks of posts to sift through so bare with it for a short while.

Also, count me as +1 for Detective week, got a good idea for this one!

Squire

Banned
Who's going to be on the podcast on Friday night? I always wanted to come on, I just had to check my schedule (thought I had a class).

If everyone currently set to come on is dead set on doing so, I don't mind sitting this one out.

Kssio_Aug

A noob question but... leveling up my S. Links benefits what exatctly?
Should I prioritize on leveling them up or is it better to focus on rise my social status such as courage, knowledge and understanding?

We THINK it was, it's not out yet on blu-ray. :p

First blu-ray is middle of next month.

All accounts suggest the fact that the movie is in fact awesome.

Good to hear. Maybe I will like it better than the game, depends how they make some scenes.

Persona Trinity Soul was a non-canonical anime that takes place after P3. Igor and Akihiko make appearances, but nothing spectacular.

Oh yeah, I knew about that series. Thank god it's not canon.

A noob question but... leveling up my S. Links benefits what exatctly?
Should I prioritize on leveling them up or is it better to focus on rise my social status such as courage, knowledge and understanding?

First or second playthrough?

Top Bottom