• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

YES YES YES! MY KEN LEVEL HAS INCREASED!

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

FluxWaveZ

Think Ken is a member of the Shadow Operatives? I'm not sure I could see Mitsuru wanting him to be a part of it but, then again, she probably believes in his strength given what they went through. She might even think him more capable than any of the P4 crew, heh.

Caladrius

Think Ken is a member of the Shadow Operatives? I'm not sure I could see Mitsuru wanting him to be a part of it but, then again, she probably believes in his strength given what they went through. She might even think him more capable than any of the P4 crew, heh.

I think that's realistically the only answer, considering Ken doesn't have Yukari and Junpei's freedom to go wherever. That and Ken insisting he join seems pretty in-character.

Meia

I could also see him being told to be a regular kid in school, but keeping tabs on things regardless. The real question I guess is how does he find himself in Inaba when the shit happens. Would Yukari and Labrys go and pick him up? I mean, I guess they would if he's a full fledged shadow ops member. Then again Ken would probably force someone to if the situation demanded. I'm ultimately hoping to see a Ken who feels horrendous about how things went when he was with SEES, and will do anything with his power to make up for things. It's both a little childish, and yet fits for his arcana.

Maybe they'll have it where his school's trip was to Inaba for reasons, even if it's totally the wrong time period in the year for it. :p

FluxWaveZ

That and Ken insisting he join seems pretty in-character.

Yeah, that sounds right.

I could also see him being told to be a regular kid in school, but keeping tabs on things regardless.

Maybe they'll have it where his school's trip was to Inaba for reasons, even if it's totally the wrong time period in the year for it. :p

I could also see that in a scenario where he was refused to join the Shadow Ops, too. Trying to track down what they're doing despite being told not to.

A school trip was the scenario that had first come to mind when I thought of Ken a while back, as well.

LX_Theo

Banned
I could also see that in a scenario where he was refused to join the Shadow Ops, too. Trying to track down what they're doing despite being told not to.

A school trip was the scenario that had first come to mind when I thought of Ken a while back, as well.
Would make sense that they refused him until he was out of school, and he thought it shouldn't matter.

He's probably having trouble with Prealgebra or some shit

PK Gaming

He's probably having trouble with Prealgebra or some shit
49ca18a4c5cbb190093f37fb418e3b6cd18b31dc.png

Ken: hmm...

Ken: Hmmm

Ken: HMMM

Ken: ARGH KALA-NEMI (destroys school)

Rubedo

I honestly would've guessed Ken as being a Shadow Operative before Yukari. Yukari seemed like she wanted to do more in life than just stick around fighting Shadows. Ken doesn't have much else to go to other than the pseudo-family he has in SEES. It makes sense to me that he would want to stick with the majority of them and is probably still wanting to do as much good as possible in life to offset the bad things he's done.

Plus, if he somehow finds out about
Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis being kidnapped
(is that a spoiler? I don't know, it's on the trailers, but hey, just in case), he would have more than enough reason to be there.

FluxWaveZ

I honestly would've guessed Ken as being a Shadow Operative before Yukari. Yukari seemed like she wanted to do more in life than just stick around fighting Shadows. Ken doesn't have much else to go to other than the pseudo-family he has in SEES. It makes sense to me that he would want to stick with the majority of them and is probably still wanting to do as much good as possible in life to offset the bad things he's done.

It makes sense for Ken, but the decision lies with the leader of the organization. And, at the end of Persona 4 Arena,
she told the Investigation Team to GTFO of their business
, so I could envision the same happening with Ken.

I could see end of The Journey/beginning of The Answer Yukari not wanting anything to do with a Shadow Operatives at all, but I could totally see her wanting to join at the end of The Answer.

Plus, if he somehow finds out about
Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis being kidnapped
(is that a spoiler? I don't know, it's on the trailers, but hey, just in case), he would have more than enough reason to be there.

Yeah, though Fuuka isn't a Shadow Ops member yet she's still involved.

Marche90

I was bored to tears by the first few episodes. Tried twice, dropped both times.

Wow. Surprised by this. During which episode did you dropped it? If you dropped it before chapter 5, you might have made a mistake.

Fate/Zero Ranks easily as one of my favorite animes of all time.

Ken's P4A2 story will be him trying to ask Yukiko to his school dance

And then she'll laugh and Yosuke will be all "AMAGI CHALLENGE"

And then everyone else laughs and you get a trophy for completing his story mode

Squire

Banned
Wow. Surprised by this. During which episode did you dropped it? If you dropped it before chapter 5, you might have made a mistake.

Fate/Zero Ranks easily as one of my favorite animes of all time.

It really starts to pop starting at episode 7. Kiritsugu goes into beast mode.

Marche90

It really starts to pop starting at episode 7. Kiritsugu goes into beast mode.

The reason why I picked that episode is because Rider totally steals that episode, and it's one of the first highlights of the show. Dat Ionioi Hetaroi

But yeah, episode 7 might be a better cutout episode.

Soma

Ken should just pull a Raiden and become a cyborg with his own spin-off game by Platinum so that everyone will finally like him.

Does not being in High School decrease the enjoyment of Persona games? Anyone over the age of 25 probably isn't in University anymore, does it further diminish the connection between you and the game?

Marche90

^Tamanon is older than most of us here (and the average age is twenty-some y/o), Jintor just graduated and myself I'm almost out of college, of the top of my head. We all love the games, so, not really.

Dogemaru dogemaru dogemaru dogemaru

Would be perfect if Koromaru were a Shiba Inu. What's Koromaru's breed, anyway?

Squire

Banned
Does not being in High School decrease the enjoyment of Persona games? Anyone over the age of 25 probably isn't in University anymore, does it further diminish the connection between you and the game?

Most of us here didn't play the games in high school. It's more about the nostalgia for that time in your life rather than being able to connect directly, in that moment.

^Tamanon is older than most of us here, Jintor just graduated and myself I'm almost out of college, of the top of my head. We all love the games, so, not really.

Dogemaru dogemaru dogemaru dogemaru

Would be perfect if Koromaru were a Shiba Inu. What's Koromaru's race, anyway?

Race is the most bizarre word to use for a pup

(It's breed)

(Don't know what breed he is)

FluxWaveZ

Most of us here didn't play the games in high school. It's more about the nostalgia for that time in your life rather than being able to connect directly, in that moment.

Eh, I don't know about this, especially the latter. High school was the worst time of my life.

Meia

I'm 34, so no. Going through High School is a near universal experience, and some part of the game will resonate with you because of that, no matter how much time passes. Even if it's something as simple as exams. :p

Then again, in high school I played FF3 for the SNES(FFVI), since it was brand new in 1994. Damn that time thing is a BITCH. :D

Acid08

Banned
P3 came out when I was in high school and I can say that being in high school didn't make a difference to me while playing it. Just enjoyed it for what is was, a super unique and engrossing RPG.

Squire

Banned
Oh, sure, I just meant that I think different people can take different things from the setting other than relating to it through nostalgia.

Oh, sure. That's just the one that popped in to my head and just going by how I've seen people discuss the game I think that's the most common experience.

Top Bottom