• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Magazine scans and full article transcripts are prohibited so as not to anger the company. They are trying to make a profit on them after all.

Legal reasons, probably. It's akin to piracy.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Watch Fate/Zero. Seriously. Then be sad with the rest of us that the rest of the Fate universe isn't as good.

It is now in my backlog. I look forward to watching it.

Acid08

Banned
I love Giantbomb. Though, I've never actually sat down and watched the P4 Endurance run, since I had already beaten P4 prior. My buddy recommended it to me but I just find it difficult to watch someone else play JRPGs if I'm not in the room bossing them around. I felt the same way about Chrono Trigger having beaten it previously.

The only Endurance Run I've watched some of was Deadly Premonition, by far, one of the best things ever.
Especially when Vinny and Jeff get the Infinite Machine gun.
There are "Best Of" vids of the P4 ER that are fun to watch just to see their reactions to certain scenes.

There are "Best Of" vids of the P4 ER that are fun to watch just to see their reactions to certain scenes.

I've seen one or two of those on YouTube, while great, I find it hard to watch knowing Jeff is someone who hates anime and most JRPGs other than FFIV, which isn't even the best FF game. I love Jeff and all but it's incredibly ironic that he loves P4 so much even though he hates anime and most JRPGs.

As for Vinny, I just love him.

2547777-ijykbf23ni8ft.gif

Edit: The Deadly Premonition endurance run was fantastic though. Team Vinny and Jeff all day.

todd360

Watch Fate/Zero. Seriously. Then be sad with the rest of us that the rest of the Fate universe isn't as good.

I watched Fate/Zero because of all the hype. I didn't hate it or anything but I didn't really think it deserved the hype. Animation is great an all but I just couldn't get into it. I remember being disappointed with the ending as well.

Acid08

Banned
I've seen one or two of those on YouTube, while great, I find it hard to watch knowing Jeff is someone who hates anime and most JRPGs other than FFIV, which wasnt even the best FF game. I love Jeff and all but it's incredibly ironic that he loves P4 so much even though he hates anime and most JRPGs.

Hmm. Not sure I understand your reasoning for not wanting to watch them. It's not like Jeff is super negative throughout.

Gazoinks

I watched Fate/Zero because of all the hype. I didn't hate it or anything but I didn't really think it deserved the hype. Animation is great an all but I just couldn't get into it. I remember being disappointed with the ending as well.

Well. Opinions. :p I personally think it's great, but that doesn't mean you have to!

Anyway, on topic I do feel like I should get around to watching some of this Endurance Run business simply because of how often it gets referenced.

FluxWaveZ

I've seen one or two of those on YouTube, while great, I find it hard to watch knowing Jeff is someone who hates anime and most JRPGs other than FFIV, which isn't even the best FF game. I love Jeff and all but it's incredibly ironic that he loves P4 so much even though he hates anime and most JRPGs.

You should know that Jeff played and reviewed both the original Persona on PSX as well as Persona 2: Eternal Punishment when those games came out, and he enjoyed them. Also, the "anime is for jerks" thing is just a joke; he doesn't actually dislike all forms of anime no matter what.

12.5 MB animated gif. >.>;

Hope nobody in this thread is using dialup! :p

If anyone is using that... they deserve what's coming.

The thing about the tent scene in the anime is how just one episode before, Yu's actions completely contradict it, almost like a completely different writer wrote Yu's dialog in the tent scene.

Episode Before: "Everyone has their thing.", Yu says understandingly.

Tent Scene: "Senpai, I thought you accepted me!" "Not at night."

Uwotm8

PK Gaming

The thing about the tent scene in the anime is how just one episode before, Yu's actions completely contradict it, almost like a completely different writer wrote Yu's dialog in the tent scene.

Episode Before: "Everyone has their thing.", Yu says understandingly.

Tent Scene: "Senpai, I thought you accepted me!" "Not at night."

Uwotm8

Yeah I really liked that scene in the previous episode.

Pity they had to undercut their own message in order to make a cheap joke. Lame.

Hmm. Not sure I understand your reasoning for not wanting to watch them. It's not like Jeff is super negative throughout.

I just don't really want to watch a play though of Persona 4 or 3 really, because I had a good time playing them myself before the Endurance Run. Even though I've heard nothing but amazing things about P4ER, I just don't feel the urge to watch it. And yes, I would imagine Jeff is not super negative in the Persona 4 Endurance Run since he always talks about how much he loves it on Bombcasts and what not. It just strikes me odd that he always talks mess about anime and JRPGs yet here he loves P4 a JRPG with an anime esthetic. I thought it was kinda hypocritical.

Acid08

Banned
I just don't really want to watch a play though of Persona 4 or 3 really, because I had a good time playing them myself before the Endurance Run. Even though I've heard nothing but amazing things about P4ER, I just don't feel the urge to watch it. And yes, I would imagine Jeff is not super negative in the Persona 4 Endurance Run since he always talks about how much he loves it on Bombcasts and what not. It just strikes me odd that he always talks mess about anime and JRPGs yet here he loves P4 a JRPG with an anime esthetic. I thought it was kinda hypocritical.
Oh I'm not talking about watching the entire thing, just the Best Of videos. If you enjoy their personalities and jokes then it's worth it to watch them imo. Still the best content they've ever produced.

You should know that Jeff played and reviewed both the original Persona on PSX as well as Persona 2: Eternal Punishment when those games came out, and he enjoyed them. Also, the "anime is for jerks" thing is just a joke; he doesn't actually dislike all forms of anime no matter what.

Yes I know he has reviewed them, and I dunno about the whole "anime is for jerks" thing being only a joke, I'm sure he doesn't hate all anime since he liked the original Transformers. Which is still the best Transformers, not this Michael Bay nonsense. I think the man is more genuine than most.

Oh I'm not talking about watching the entire thing, just the Best Of videos. If you enjoy their personalities and jokes then it's worth it to watch them imo. Still the best content they've ever produced.

Alright, that sounds more reasonable than watching the whole ER, lol.

FluxWaveZ

Yes I know he has reviewed them, and I dunno about the whole "anime is for jerks" thing being only a joke, I'm sure he doesn't hate all anime since he liked the original Transformers. Which is still the best Transformers, not this Michael Bay nonsense. I think the man is more genuine than most.

Jeff likes to be dismissive about things for the sake of comedy a lot of times, even though there's often a glimmer of truth in it. Jeff's mentioned Akira and some other stuff in the past, so I wouldn't say it's similar to an irrational hate for the entire medium like some others may have.

And man, watching some clips of the ER makes me want to see it again.

Rise: "I'll think as hard as I can!"
Jeff and Vinny: *chuckles*

Edit: The Deadly Premonition endurance run was fantastic though. Team Vinny and Jeff all day.

I'm the exact same as Jeff.

Well, I like Earthbound/Mother 3, but still.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Just thought I'd mention it since I was just messaged about it myself, but apparently what I translated wasn't the entirety of that interview with Hashino. It apparently goes on for another two pages, so I'll get to work on those sometime tonight and hopefully have it all finished either by tomorrow morning or tomorrow night at the latest. Sorry about that! I really bungled this one not quadruple checking the sources apparently.

Jeff likes to be dismissive about things for the sake of comedy a lot of times, even though there's often a glimmer of truth in it. Jeff's mentioned Akira and some other stuff in the past, so I wouldn't say it's similar to an irrational hate for the entire medium like some others may have.

I suppose I look for that glimmer of truth more so from the GB crew since they are so open about the things they like and don't like. It's their honesty about games that keeps me watching quicklooks and reading their reviews. It's that same honesty and personality that allows me to trust them more when it comes to game coverage. Now that I sit down and think about it. GB is the only game site I frequent outside of NeoGAF.

I do enjoy his dismissive jokes, though.

FluxWaveZ

Just thought I'd mention it since I was just messaged about it myself, but apparently what I translated wasn't the entirety of that interview with Hashino. It apparently goes on for another two pages, so I'll get to work on those sometime tonight and hopefully have it all finished either by tomorrow morning or tomorrow night at the latest. Sorry about that! I really bungled this one not quadruple checking the sources apparently.

Oh, that's right! I forgot that there were two more pages to the magazine concerning Persona 5 with more to the interview under a Persona 4 Dancing image and some more on the next page with another image of Hashino, below a Persona Q image.

Don't worry about it.

Daimaou

Neat, looking forward to it.

Lunar15

Totally looking forward for this. I do still want to see the first translation, as I never saw it.

Squire

Banned

Ohai, Pepsiman! Thanks a lot! :D

FluxWaveZ

Really badly drawn Yukiko

whoop-ass incarnated Maya Amano p2 protag

You know, I never made the connection until now that Ixquic's motto was also "It's whoop-ass time!" and that both her and Maya shared The Moon as their arcana. They probably would have got along under different circumstances.

cj_iwakura

You know, I never made the connection until now that Ixquic's motto was also "It's whoop-ass time!" and that both her and Maya shared The Moon as their arcana. They probably would have got along under different circumstances.

I loved that scene in IS. I wonder what they really say in Japanese.

PK Gaming

Yeah Ixquic was hella adorable

4-Persona2_27_3184.jpg

But I never realized she was under that delusion. >_>

EDIT: She also thought she was a mayan warrior. Hehehe

Top Bottom