• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Unpaid interns are only good if you're getting something beneficial out of it, like university credits or work experience to get you further in the field. :\

In P3FES is there anything you're actually supposed to do in the control center when Mitsuru tells you to see if you can fix something or is it just a way to get you up there to show you the recording camera thing by way of a goofy scene of Ikutsuki telling himself terrible jokes?

In P3FES is there anything you're actually supposed to do in the control center when Mitsuru tells you to see if you can fix something or is it just a way to get you up there to show you the recording camera thing by way of a goofy scene of Ikutsuki telling himself terrible jokes?

No, you don't fix anything. You just watch silly videos.

Okay. I was a bit confused by how adamant Mitsuru seemed about fixing something and there was nothing to fix. But the scene did seem to be reward enough.

Haha, yeah I remember searching the whole room looking for whatever she wanted me to fix. Read it's just a way to get you in there. I believe there's a new video every month, but it's been a while. Maybe it was a translation error.

Caladrius

The only thing I will ever be able to remember about Fuuka is one of those videos in FES,
The vibrator one.
I know that's terrible but the execution of that gets me every time.

Also KNEEL BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY MASTER!

The only thing I will ever be able to remember about Fuuka is one of those videos in FES,
The vibrator one.

That was definitely a very interesting one.

Wait it's your birthday? If so I am kneeling before my birthday master across the internet

Happy Birthday!

Gazoinks

The vibrator one.

No! Get back! It's still my birthday for two hours in PST!

Happy birthday. :D

FireSol

That was definitely a very interesting one.

Wait it's your birthday? If so I am kneeling before my birthday master across the internet

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you both!!!

"Maya": lol im drunk

"Tatsuya": Maya it's ten o'clock in the morning.

The Online Game S.Link is easily my favorite so far.
This is my favorite S.Link in the whole game. It will get only better

Nachos

I'm not sure whose birthdays I might have missed, so I'll just wish EVERYONE a happy birthday, even if it's not remotely close for some people. I just hope that today proves to be a rich and fulfilling day for everyone (sorry for not wishing you one yesterday, Gazoinks).

Als o, Pepsiman, I can't really say much more than what's already been said, but thank you. I find it funny that you mention just how enthusiastic and earnest Hashino seems, when you yourself seem the exact same way. Part of why I think it's resonating so much is that it just seems so incredibly, so thoroughly genuine, that it manages to pull people in, despite potentially being bereft of details for some. There doesn't seem to be a shred of pretense to you and what you do, so while you might not be setting the internet on fire, the connections you are making with fans are all the deeper and nuanced for it.

Interns. Not that surprising. Sad, but not surprising.

Doesn't 8-4 have a total of five full-time employees? I think in their case, it's a bit understandable, since it's not like they're exactly raking in the money, on top of being transparent about it.

Jintor

8-4 also has a network of freelance translators/editors they call upon, so it's probably worth a short internship just to get to know them and for them to know you. So long as, you know, you're not planning to live off their non-wage. :p

Nachos

8-4 also has a network of freelance translators/editors they call upon, so it's probably worth a short internship just to get to know them and for them to know you. So long as, you know, you're not planning to live off their non-wage. :p

As long as I get a cool $80 Kamen Rider belt that yells out the names of fruits, I think it's a fair deal.

Rise's dungeon is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever done in my gaming life.
From a thematic or gameplay standpoint?

Seriously, why the fuck does everything have an ice attack in this shitty dungeon?

I would fuse to another persona but that would require me surviving a battle first. But I keep getting those stupid ass plant things.

Edit: every damn time. If it isn't them, it's the giant fucking rock thing doing absurd damage or swift strike killing the main character. Christ.

Edit edit: OH, NOW A CHAMPION KNIGHT. Which kills me even though I guarded.

This is bullshit. So cheap.

Nachos

GUYS, WHEN DID CORVO GET BANNED? Oh, I hope it's not permanent.

Seriously, why the fuck does everything have an ice attack in this shitty dungeon?

I would fuse to another persona but that would require me surviving a battle first. But I keep getting those stupid ass plant things.

Edit: every damn time. If it isn't them, it's the giant fucking rock thing doing absurd damage or swift strike killing the main character. Christ.

Edit edit: OH, NOW A CHAMPION KNIGHT. Which kills me even though I guarded.

This is bullshit. So cheap.
What difficulty and version are you playing? I'm trying to remember how I fared at that part, but I think I dropped Yukiko for Kanji. Still, it sucks if you've managed to get stuck in a rut with no easy way out. I'll try looking sine things up, but it would help knowing what else you're dealing with first.

Gazoinks

Yesterday I think, Full Metal Panic is serious business for him..

Said on Twitter he requested it, though. Wanted to take a step back etc.

Anyways I am totally looking forward to getting me Vita and P4G in the next couple of days. Gonna join the Marie hate train play it so much.

fertygo

Said on Twitter he requested it, though. Wanted to take a step back etc.

Anyways I am totally looking forward to getting me Vita and P4G in the next couple of days. Gonna join the Marie hate train play it so much.
Ow

But I'll keep assuming he got banned because that, funnier and fitting him anyway.
He got banned arguing about a bad anime? Edit: Or not. I mean Fumoffu is awesome, but the other two seasons are mediocre.

LOL, you also gonna said Gundam 00 are better aren't you?

I actually agree

Nachos

Prepare to be disappointed, and by that, I mean, prepare to be underwhelmed at how average and middling of a character she is, undeserving of neither love nor hate -- just "meh."

Alright, so I've done everyone's story mode barring Elizabeth's (which I would do right now but I need some sleep).

So I'm guessing that
the "true vessel" the malevolent entity talks about is totally going to be Makoto Yuki right?

Gazoinks

Prepare to be disappointed, and by that, I mean, prepare to be underwhelmed at how average and middling of a character she is, undeserving of neither love nor hate -- just "meh."

Haha, that's pretty much what I'm expecting. From what I've heard, I'll probably fall on the "decent character bad implementation" camp.

Nachos

Haha, that's pretty much what I'm expecting. From what I've heard, I'll probably fall on the "decent character bad implementation" camp.

Yup, precisely. Most of what could remotely pass for hatred from me is just related to being forced to sit through some poetry when I'm just trying to get my Jack Frost on. Though, if they kept the Engrish of the Japanese poems, I'd find things a lot more bearable.

Unpaid internships are super common. I did one. It's the trade-off you make for being able to tell employers you have experience.

Yeah, I worked full time for almost 6 months unpaid. It actually led to me getting the the job i'm currently at, so I've always supported the idea of them.

Gazoinks

Yeah, I worked full time for almost 6 months unpaid. It actually led to me getting the the job i'm currently at, so I've always supported the idea of them.

Unpaid internships are good when they're legit (I have one right now that I'm enjoying), the problem is they can also be a cynical and exploitative way of getting free labor. Which is less good. :p

Squire

Banned

I should say Kris works at Level-5 now, so yeah. I'm sure it's worth it and those guys are awesome, I was just surprised.

Edit: FMP is awesome. Corvo's god damn right it's serious business!
I hope everything is okay. ;_;

Dantis

So I've only got three more campaigns left in P4A, and most of these are pretty lame. So much stereotypical anime "we've just met but we'll be your friends!" crap. Like Labrys and some of these characters have exchanged maybe like one line of dialogue and I'm supposed to believe they're heartbroken about
her leaving lol.

It's also helped me decide that I need to roll with the bro-squad of Yosuke, Kanji, and Naoto when I play through P4 again. And that I'm totally friendzoning all the girls not named Naoto because they all hate on my boy Kanji and I'm not down with that.

Also holy shit Akihiko is awesome.

Yep. It's pretty bad and very long winded. Much worse when you replay P4 and remember how solid the writing is, haha.

EDIT: Happy birthday Caladrius!

Banzai

P3P: Just
rescued Fuuka. Whyyy is she the new support. Her voice is so annoying. At least I have Mitsuru in my party now. Screw Junpei.

What are some Social Links that I should absolutely experience? I don't care much about doing all of them, but I do want to at least do all SLs for party members. All I've been doing in the afternoons is raising academics (/charm/courage if i feel like it).
So far I feel like Kenji is a douche and the guy from Kendo is boring.

Lemstar

What are some Social Links that I should absolutely experience? I don't care much about doing all of them, but I do want to at least do all SLs for party members. All I've been doing in the afternoons is raising academics (/charm/courage if i feel like it).
So far I feel like Kenji is a douche and the guy from Kendo is boring.
Do Sun and Hermit, at least.

Okay, so I finally best
Rise's
dungeon in P4G. That boss was pretty easy. Especially the latter part. So predictable. was only level 28 too.

So... A lot of choices.
I've been using Yukiko, Chie and Kanji. Are either of Rise or Teddy any good?

Banzai

So... A lot of choices.
I've been using Yukiko, Chie and Kanji. Are either of Rise or Teddy any good?

Rise's not a real party member, she just takes Teddy's spot as support. As for Teddy...he has a few support/heal spells but I don't like him. Other characters are cooler.

edit: wasnt sure if that even counts as a spoiler but tagged it anyway now. apologies if i ruined the surprise for anyone.
Lemstar said:
Do Sun and Hermit, at least.

Okay, will do.

Taruranto

Yup, Sailor Moon is pretty dark, and I think a lot of that misconception comes from the dub which tried to make it all light and fluffy because somebody thought of the children.

Messed up there, meant to say I had pre-concived notions about Madoka, not shoujo. I expected a cliche grinder, like say... Firefly. Thankfully it wasn't that.

Even subverting tropes or expectations wasn't why I ultimately ended up loving the show though. It was the characters that sold it for me.

There's a lot of mood whiplashing too, even in the JP version, so, like, they'll have a character die, then the villain make a comical exit, then another character will die. Which, Madoka really doesn't do that with the comedy (Maybe the new movie does, I don't know).

Tutu>Thermodynamic miracles.

iYqYN49.jpg

Sallokin

Definitely appreciate the translations that Pepsi did, but honestly I think I appreciate the insight into the nuances of the language more than anything. I'm 31 and just learning (for work) and this kind of stuff is super valuable to know.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Definitely appreciate the translations that Pepsi did, but honestly I think I appreciate the insight into the nuances of the language more than anything. I'm 31 and just learning (for work) and this kind of stuff is super valuable to know.

Even I still learn new things, so I'm happy to pass what I know onward! It's a funky language to decipher, so if I can ever do anything to help it make more sense as you pick it up, feel free to hit me up. My line is always open for Japanese learners in general.

Dantis

I liked the idea of where this story was going, but the reality of it wasn't that great, it kind of just... suddenly occured.

(sauce)

Agreed.

Persona 3's writing in general was a lot more haphazard. It actually created some interesting implications in how I perceived it all though, so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

In terms of Fuuka and Natsuki, it just made Fuuka look like someone who gets walked all over, where it was probably meant to make her look compassionate.

The vibrator one.

Happy Birthday! :D

Also, and I know it's been said many times already, but thank you Pepsiman for all that you do. It's selfish, I know, but because of your work I feel like I can get some insight into these new Persona games months before Atlus USA decides to do anything about them. :)

MSMrRound

Pepsiman is bobrossman right? Thanks for all those English subtitles that you added for the new Persona trailers and more as well.

Happy birthday to the guys as well. Seem to be having quite a few birthdays these past few days...

Well...finally broke down and got Persona 4 for my new Vita (after already getting a slew of other "essential" titles).

My first Persona game and my first JRPG in a long, LONG ass time. (I can't remember the last JRPG I played and finished outside of FFIV or Chrono Trigger).

$20 from the PSN store was too good of a price to pass up given the insanely positive word of mouth and reviews.

You'd better be right about this one, PersonaGAF. I'm trusting you.

Top Bottom