• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, too much publishers spout everything about their unreleased games, creating unnecessary backlash. The Witcher 3 is a good example of why you shouldn't share too much information on your unreleased game.

I don't think so. There's a difference between overhyping a game and showing a good deal of it.

So the character appreciation poll was interesting...... and here we are, this month it is........

FemC and Shinjiro Month!
Screen_Shot_2014-09-07_at_5.58.32_PM-4326.png

That's right, the most non-canon couple there ever was actually tied on votes XD

So, go ahead, draw one, draw the other, draw them both! This will run until the 22nd of May, Thats 18 days of P3P based fun and goodness! Be sure to tag your work with #ArtChallenge, to make it easier to find at the end!

Questionnaire time!

1. What are your thoughts on FemC and how different do you think she is from the Male P3MC?
2. What did you think to Shinjiro's story in P3 and his Social Link in Portable?
3. What do you think of Orpheus' female redesign? What do you think of Castor?
4. What did you think about the changes made to the story in Portable when playing as FemC, however minor they were?
5. How well do you feel Shinjiro was portrayed in Persona Q?
6. If FemC and Shinji were in an 'Arena' game, how would they play and what would some moves be?

Feel free to put anything else about these two in that you'd like, I look forward to seeing what some people come up with!

I'm sure once they start marketing it we'll see as much of Persona 5 as we have of all of Atlus' other recent titles, I'd be surprised if we don't start to get weekly updates at some point. Despite the weekly trailers, I thought they did a good job with Q and Ultimax, with regards to not spoiling too much, so I'm sure it will be handled well enough.

I doubt P5 will get anywhere near the amount of trailers the spin-offs have had. A lot of the trailers for the spin offs were the character trailers and who knows if Atlus would even do character trailers for P5, what with it being a new release and all. I think that the P5 blu ray means they will be relatively sparse with their information pre release.

I don't think so. There's a difference between overhyping a game and showing a good deal of it.

Most of a time the whole overhyping a game doesn't even come down to the publisher, it falls down to the consumer.

Warning: I played FemC in my P3 playthrough so i might be biased.

1. What are your thoughts on FemC and how different do you think she is from the Male P3MC?
I like her design a lot and she's definitely more likeable than Minato. She is a blank slate character though so there isn't much to be said about her.
PS: i also prefer Narukami over Minato, maybe i just like the more "Cheerful" MC's

2. What did you think to Shinjiro's story in P3 and his Social Link in Portable?
I never was really a fan of him. His S-link was cute though altough the romance route was kinda strange. I liked the whole dinner part of his S-Link the most
Looking for his Pocket Watch was BS though. I had to use a guide ;(

FemOrpheus: Meh. As good as Orpheus but that doesn't say much.
Castor: At least he's not as bad looking as Polydueces.

4. What did you think about the changes made to the story in Portable when playing as FemC, however minor they were?
Didn't play original route. It's a shame you can't play the
stealth section
as FemC though

Ouch.. Between his forced cooking shtick and fighting with Akihiko (why was this a thing again?) he had his moments.
Him not wanting an ultimate persona was kinda awkward but it was a nice detail.

6. If FemC and Shinji were in an 'Arena' game, how would they play and what would some moves be?
Shinji: Heavy grappler i guess
FemC: Using the force of thousands of angry fans that are salty that she's in the game but Minato isn't.
Real talk: just copy the movelist of some Naginata user.

arue

So the character appreciation poll was interesting...... and here we are, this month it is........

FemC and Shinjiro Month!
I guess I'll replay Shinjiro's S Link to see for more unique special moment between the two (I forgot a large part of it already).

So now that 5/5/15 has come in with what I'm presuming is no news, what is the chances we see P5 news at E3?

It's midnight over there. Trailers normally go up at about 6pm JST. In the unlikely chance that we get anything it will probably be around then, or at 5pm, because 5.

It's all but confirmed that Persona 5 will be at E3 in some form, I just don't expect any new footage or anything.

FluxWaveZ

Months ago I thought we'll be seeing P5 news by 5/5/15, but I guess we won't huh? :(

May 5th just started in Japan. Persona 5 will actually be revealed at the end of the 4star Primal Orchestra Special Concert which starts at 5:30 PM JST and ends at 8:00 PM. The closing act of the show features Meguro and co. playing Persona 4 songs, ending at the same time the Persona Super Live 2015 concert ended exactly two months ago when PV01 for Persona 5 was revealed.

The concert isn't being hosted by Atlus or anything, there's Square Enix stuff and Capcom stuff there as well.

I'm kind of tempted to watch, but Niconico seems to make buying a ticket as hard as possible.

Setsu00

Are you saying that Flux was just trolling?

Pls don't do this.

I'm actually not sure whether he's trolling or not. I just thought it would be a good idea to remind people not to get overly excited about this, especially since p-ch didn't write anything about this.

Then again, the Phantom said during PSL2015 that we'll meet him again at a different place...

I'm actually not sure whether he's trolling or not. I just thought it would be a good idea to remind people not to get overly excited about this, especially since p-ch didn't write anything about this.

Then again, the Phantom said during PSL2015 that we'll meet him again at a different place...

We'll meet him on the dance floor as paid P4D DLC. Please look forward to it.

Atlus did retweet something about it a few days ago.

I find it very hard to believe that anything Persona 5 related will come from this though.

arue

Everything I said was true.

Except for the part that Persona 5 will be revealed at the end.
Dammit Flux.

I completely forgot about that concert in the first place, so I guess the concert itself wasn't even hyped enough to show anything as significant.

And it's my fault for getting hyped so easily. I shall "patiently" wait for June 25th then.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
So I drew a new drawing, but it has Persona 3 spoilers:

I remember reading the first few chapters of the P2 manga. It's a spin off manga, so I gave up reading it when I found out that it wasn't about the game. I also read the P1 manga, and just like you said, it's really really good. It actually pushed me to play the game.

Welcome!
Ahhh that's really good! I love Ryouji <3
Should anything be expected in a few days for p5?
I'm gonna try not too, but it'd be nice if they did do something tomorrow.
Do you guys think the P4Dan bluerayp5 trailer will be substantial > 5minutes?

Will the trailer show any additional unrevealed characters? You guys think this is going to happen or not?

Is blueray region locked so uh if I preorder it I need a JPN region blueray drive?
I'm hoping it'd be like an extended trailer or like a behind the scenes thing? I think either or is possible.

cj_iwakura

FemC and Shinjiro Month!
Screen_Shot_2014-09-07_at_5.58.32_PM-4326.png

That's right, the most non-canon couple there ever was actually tied on votes XD

Awesome!

She has fun with life instead of coasting through it.

Great character, woefully under-utilized. (Haven't played portable.)

Meh. Should have called her Eurydice. And Castor is weird.

Haven't played P3P.

Haven't played PQ.

FemC would be Ken without Koromaru and more Elizabeth-style magic instead.
Shinji would be a monster. Kanji without the grappling. Probably like Azrael in BlazBlue.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member

She was my first Persona protagonist, so she means a ton to me! When I played as her and than later as the MC, I got the impression she was kinda forcing herself to seem normal, while the MC was just kinda like "fuck it". While he faced his life before SEES as being very apathetic(like in the movie), I saw the FEMC as the opposite, trying too hard to care, if that makes sense? Like MInty was just like want's the point of forming bonds if they're just gonna leave me like my parents while FEMC it's like "i have to make sure people don't leave me! I gotta show I'm normal." Idk I'm probably reading too much into silent MCs but that is my interpretation of the two.

HIS SLINK DESTROYED MY HEART. When I first meant him I thought he was a douche of a character, but onces I started his slink...holy shit, he was such a sweet heart under all that gruff.

Fem Orpheus is ok, but kinda lazy. Why not give the FEMC Eurydice, Orpheus' wife? Castor, Like Polydouches, looks ugly as fuck to me.
Well, I liked how she actually had social links with ALL of SEES, so it made it seem like she was closer to them? The new school social links on her end where also a HUGE fucking improvement. I adored Saori and Rio. Best girls. <3 Also the fact that she could actually slink
Ryouji, who should have had an slink with the MC in the original game considering he was you know, really fucking important to the plot.
was a plus

Haven't played it yet . :(

FEMC: Probably really fast with long ranged cause of her weapon?
Shinjin: Slow heavy hitter.

Annnnd her's my contribution to the art challenge~ #ArtChallenge
tumblr_nnq9he7vof1tjftwdo3_r1_1280.jpg

Kinda cheated since I actually finished her weeeekkks ago, but she was part of a set of MC bookmarks I was gonna sell for a local con that I never heard back from T__T. Oh well, you can find the rest of them here.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
She was nice
Non-canon
contrast to P3 MC. in fact, I'd like to have another FeMC for Persona 6. Do it Atlus!

Eh....
Just him with long hair.
Nice. though, they still could've spent more time with dialogue

Never played PQ.

FeMC would be so awesome that I couldn't even answer the question properly.

PK Gaming

I love her.

I love her, I love her, I love her, I love her, I love her, I love her, I love her, I love her. She was like, the reason why I got Persona 3 Portable over FES. I mean sure, i'd be missing the original experience as intended, with all the bells and whistles... but honestly, who cares? Getting to play an RPG like Persona 3 as a girl? A game that recognizes you as such, and not just as some lame reskin of the male protagonist? Fuck. Yes. I knew going in that that playing her route would be something that I've never experienced before, and I was right. Everything from the music, the hud design, the dialogue responses, the slinks... I loved how everything was radically different from my experience in Persona 4. In comparison to the male protagonist, she benefits from the fact that the P3 team got better at writing (and her slinks are better as a result) though, and her "personality" was the most distinct. On the other hand, I actually preferred the male P3MC's design more and I also felt that his personality (or the closest thing to a personality) was a better match for Persona 3. Overall I really, really liked her. It's not every day you get to play as such a fun, cute protagonist. Shoutouts to not being forced to date your husbandos if you want to max out their social links.

He's part of some of the more important setpieces in the story, but overall he pretty flat in the original P3. He's given a lot more development in P3P via his social link, which makes him a lot more likeable. His social link happens to be one of the best slinks in the series to boot.

Terrible. Her design looks like fanfiction. Castor's alright; it gets bonus points for being Polydeuces's twin. I dig how it was a dangerous Persona that couldn't be controlled, though I would have liked to be given a bit more information on it.

I talked about this in my first post, but to reiterate: after having played through the male protagonist's route, I really appreciate how the game totally changes when you play as a her. Changes to the slinks and how romance was handled were obviously appreciated, but little things like how the characters interacted with you (ie: Junpei, Yukari and Fuuka) were pretty great. Some of the scenes played out slightly differently as well.

2015%2B-%2B1

FeMC: Hard to say. You can do literally anything with her. A focus on medium range attacks with an elemental focus on Fire? Maybe? She's a total wildcard..

Shinji: This one's a no-brainer. Strong and burly. Great range, tons of health and good damage. Slow speed. He'd need some sort of gimmick to set himself apart from the rest of the cast though.

Jachaos

One of if not the best couple to come out of a Persona game. It's a shame considering the situation, both regarding their in-game status as well as in regards to what Atlus says is canon going forward.

Jachaos

Going to sleep and crossing my fingers that there will be new P5 news when i get up.

I'm not holding my breath but cool if there is. It has been 3 months already since that night of very little sleep and amazing reveal. Crazy how it flies. I guess we're due but I figure the P4D thing will be it.

Setsu00

According to this tweet, it seems like there will be a surprise of some sort during the concert but I don't really think that this means P5 news. There was also this tweet featuring yellow crime scene tape from two days ago. If anything, this just raises the chance that they'll do something P4D related if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom