• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

If people don't remember, keep in mind they did exactly this with Shin Megami Tensei IV in 2012. The debut trailer for the game was only available within Soul Hackers 3DS. The trailer was inevitably leaked to the public 3 days before the game was released in Japan, and Atlus rapidly took down all of that. The trailer was only officially released to the public a month later, to Atlus' YouTube channel.

If people don't remember, keep in mind they did exactly this with Shin Megami Tensei IV in 2012. The debut trailer for the game was only available within Soul Hackers 3DS. The trailer was inevitably leaked to the public 3 days before the game was released in Japan, and Atlus rapidly took down all of that. The trailer was only officially released to the public a month later, to Atlus' YouTube channel.

Was there any sort of backlash to Atlus when that happened?

I'm sure they'll try to take it down at least, not like that usually helps much.

What's GAF's policy on posting the trailer anyway? Considering how magazine scans are handled.

Makio

The trailer was only officially released to the public a month later, to Atlus' YouTube channel.

This is a good question , when we can expect a official version of the PV02 by Atlus themselves.

And actually I will not be surprised if this doesnt leak at all.

Kinda sucks the first we going to see this trailer , is a phone recorded version of the trailer maybe.

Because i think is not that hard to rip a blu ray...

But we getting the p4 DAN intro for sure. (Tuesday maybe)

The Persona Magazine section makes me think that Atlus won't leave us that long before talking about it more.

I'm half expecting a mention of P5 alongside Dancing in Famitsu this week.

Makio

I'm sure they'll try to take it down at least, not like that usually helps much..

I can see Atlus taking down Youtube videos or in NicoNico maybe ... but this shit is going to hit tumblr or Facebook is going to spread.

Count the guys who can download videos using some add-on and shit.

I see enough leaked trailers (basically from Hollywood movies) to know any effort to take it down if it hits is going to be in vain.

Dantis

Part of me wants to wait until my Blu Ray arrives to watch it.

Also remember to discuss PV2 in the gaming side, not in here.

Necrovex

So the final boss in Devil Survivor made me quit Devil Survivor. Atlus made its final boss way too insanely hard. The route I was on was
Naoya's

Lunar15

I was thinking this week would be a blowout of info, but I'm lowering my expectations now. I'm expecting much less from PV2 than I previously was, and I think Atlus is actually holding off on the blowout for another time.

When they "officially" release the trailer, along with probably another P-Mag, that's when we'll have our blowout. This is just another tease, I think. It just doesn't make sense to have a blowout of info now.

Depends on what you define as a blowout. Something on the level of the P4 Famitsu DVDs is highly unlikely but this trailer will certainly be more substantial than PV1. We'll also likely see additional information shortly after the 25th as the Persona schedule is now empty so it makes sense for P5 promotion to begin.

I feel like this trailer is going to go more in depth on battles, social links (or cooperation), and will end with a month and a year (October 2015). That right there would be perfect for me.

Interesting side note, I rewatched the original Japanese trailers for P3 and P4 that are on P4G. Those trailers go into major spoiler territory. P3 in particular, it plays the final boss theme and shows all the animated cutscenes from that section of the game. It's interesting to see those trailers, see P5, and realize how well they've been able to hide all of this from is.

Okay, maybe not hide, more like how little they needed to show to get the amount of hype the game has.

MeN4YDh.jpg

D6Jj3XY.jpg

V8e5Rm8.jpg

The dengeki bonus costumes. Persona Magazine will have Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko, and Kanji and Rise will be in some other Dengeki affiliated thing. They'll be paid DLC later too.

It would be great if the bluray had a clean track for it's menu.

DNAbro

MeN4YDh.jpg

D6Jj3XY.jpg

V8e5Rm8.jpg

The dengeki bonus costumes. Persona Magazine will have Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko, and Kanji and Rise will be in some other Dengeki affiliated thing. They'll be paid DLC later too.

It would be great if the bluray had a clean track for it's menu.

omg human teddie's costume is adorable.

I just want more music guys. I'd be satisfied with just a new song. Preferably with vocals.

yeah any new song would be great. of course i want more than that but I need that Meguro music.

arue

That costume on Human Teddie looks so good. I'd use that for the entire game if we can get the costume in the US version.

Same as P4AU I think. I've never gotten any spoilers for that game so it should also be fine this time.

Yeah, so long as they are clearly spoiler tagged and marked as such, there shouldn't be any real issue.

Plus I've never seen anyone talking about MAJOR plot details for ultimax/q in here anyway. Some minor stuff, which is in my opinion fine since they were tagged appropriately, but no end game, major story spoilers.

I don't actually remember what we did for Ultimax. I guess we just discussed it elsewhere?

Just a Dancing all night|OT| should be fine right? If people want to discuss plot points in here spoiler tagging should be enough. I doubt that there is actually going to be a lot of story to talk about though.

I wouldn't mind if people want to post their high scores or reviews/impressions in here btw.

Yeah, so long as they are clearly spoiler tagged and marked as such, there shouldn't be any real issue.

Plus I've never seen anyone talking about MAJOR plot details for ultimax/q in here anyway. Some minor stuff, which is in my opinion fine since they were tagged appropriately, but no end game, major story spoilers.

Probably because ultimately, the story was so pointless and shitty that no one bothered to care enough to spoil it.

Dantis

Just a Dancing all night|OT| should be fine right? If people want to discuss plot points in here spoiler tagging should be enough. I doubt that there is actually going to be a lot of story to talk about though.

I wouldn't mind if people want to post their high scores or reviews/impressions in here btw.

Mhmm. I'll be putting the OT up on Wednesday at some point.

If anyone has any specific requests for the something that they think should be in the OP, let me know soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom